Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workers at downtown Exxon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Rooster View Post
    I used them once. I hired two of them to help me with some fence work. 8hrs + lunch, and I threw them $100 each. Negotiated the rate up front. It worked for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Them days are long gone. They won't work for $100 per day anymore. My buddy who builds decks, patios and arbors quit going to Frisco to get labor, They also want $17 per hour from him and he is an illegal alien and can speak to them.

    Comment


    • #32
      "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

      Comment


      • #33
        How about Frisco City Government pass an ordinance that anyone caught hiring these day laborers be fined $500 per offense for hiring them? This would cover everything, the city gets extra $$$$ and the cops have something to do along with their traffic ticket duties. Trump will probably give the city an award for not allowing undocumented workers to bring in drugs, bring in crime and stop the rapists.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Ray View Post
          How about Frisco City Government pass an ordinance that anyone caught hiring these day laborers be fined $500 per offense for hiring them? This would cover everything, the city gets extra $$$$ and the cops have something to do along with their traffic ticket duties. Trump will probably give the city an award for not allowing undocumented workers to bring in drugs, bring in crime and stop the rapists.
          City of Frisco is a Sanctuary City is the reason.

          It is a Federal Crime to hire illegal aliens. First offense is from $539 to $4,313 for each person hired, 2nd offense is from $ 4,313 to $10,718, 3rd offense is $6,469 to $21,563. This is direct from USCIS website :https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/penalties

          City of Frisco like almost all cities do not want to mess with Illegal aliens, Next time you see a Frisco Police ask them why the don't go after the illegals on the corner or the illegals driving without a driver licenses. They will state they don't enforce Federal laws.

          All the police department has to do is sign an agreement with DHS and have 4 week training seminar and they can legally check immigration status. Delegation of Immigration Authority Section 287(g) Immigration and Nationality Act

          https://www.ice.gov/factsheets/287g

          Comment


          • #35
            Hiring is not a city ordinance, hence the city has no standing to enforce hiring.

            If they actually enforced the law - Frisco lawns would be shaggy, homes would never get built and restaurants would close due to no workers. Without illegal labor Frisco would still be a corn field.

            Comment


            • #36
              Sometimes I wish Frisco was still a corn field. It's absolutely shocking what appears to be the exorbitant number of undocumented children going to Frisco schools, all paid for with our tax dollars. It's illegal and THAT is why there's not enough $$$ in the city budget--a huge chunk is going for student children of illegal aliens! It's going to bankrupt the city if it continues. Can't wait until September 1st when the "Sanctuary City" law goes into effect. If Frisco officials don't want to enforce the law and keep its citizens safe, then they can suffer the consequences. It's time to start thinking about the citizens of Frisco, not the illegal citizens of Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, etc.!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by jinfrisco View Post
                Sometimes I wish Frisco was still a corn field. It's absolutely shocking what appears to be the exorbitant number of undocumented children going to Frisco schools, all paid for with our tax dollars. It's illegal and THAT is why there's not enough $$$ in the city budget--a huge chunk is going for student children of illegal aliens! It's going to bankrupt the city if it continues. Can't wait until September 1st when the "Sanctuary City" law goes into effect. If Frisco officials don't want to enforce the law and keep its citizens safe, then they can suffer the consequences. It's time to start thinking about the citizens of Frisco, not the illegal citizens of Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, etc.!
                We need the police to stop overlooking illegal aliens in Frisco. Last time I talked to one about Illegals he told me they don't enforce Federal laws only state laws.

                We need to find out who runs the Frisco Police Department. It is either the City Manager or the Mayor.

                All the Frisco Police Department needs to do is sign a agreement with USCIS and train some officers and they can legally then question a person about their citizenship.

                https://www.ice.gov/factsheets/287g

                Comment


                • #38
                  Good luck with that wishful thinking that anything will change. Compliance to sanctuary city laws are EASY to get around.

                  "We be by at 2pm tomorrow to confirm your immigration status" See you at 2, or not.

                  The only way to truly affect immigration change is by arresting EMPLOYERS.
                  Last edited by Mommyp; 06-21-2017, 09:10 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Mommyp View Post
                    Good luck with that wishful thinking that anything will change. Compliance to sanctuary city laws are EASY to get around.

                    "We be by at 2pm tomorrow to confirm your immigration status" See you at 2, or not.

                    The only way to truly affect immigration change is by arresting EMPLOYERS.
                    There are already Federal laws and fines for employers who hire or use Illegal Aliens, the problem is getting anyone to enforce the laws.

                    https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/penalties

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Ding Ding!! Every once in a while some local meat packing plant will forget to make their political payment and Poof!! and INS raid. But Pedro rebuilding your roof after the hail storm is not worrying too much about INS showing up. The sanctuary city laws will not change anything.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Sumtingwong View Post
                        I would say about 95% of them are illegal aliens. Greencards? Now that is funny. Many cities will run off these people around 9 a.m.. Why city of Frisco lets these guys hang around all day standing on the corner trying to flag down work is beyond me.

                        Police can ask them for ID if they suspect them of doing a crime, So looking for work while having no legal Work authorization (Employment Authorization Document or a Green Card) which all Legal Permanent are required to possess on them at all times. Then yes the police can question them, but due to the politics they haven't.

                        Hopefully with a new Administration and the US finally trying to follow the law on immigration we can get some relief from these criminals.
                        95% can self-identify as a US Citizen then all would be good.....

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Mommyp View Post
                          Ding Ding!! Every once in a while some local meat packing plant will forget to make their political payment and Poof!! and INS raid. But Pedro rebuilding your roof after the hail storm is not worrying too much about INS showing up. The sanctuary city laws will not change anything.
                          I agree. I see the Sanctuary city law being more about forcing a few Sheriff in Texas like Dallas Sheriff Lupe Valdez and a few other sheriff who do not want to follow Federal laws on Illegal aliens in Texas once they are arrested.

                          If you look at the USCIS document I cited in the above post you will see they just updated it on 5/31/2017. They used to have the fines amount for working illegal aliens. From what I have seen with USCIS documents once they change the language they are about to enact some new policies. So I am thinking Trump is getting ready in a few months to come out with some policy on Illegal aliens in USA and working them.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X