Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW FENCE

Hi, anyone knows what the going price per foot for a fence? thanks

No clue but it isn't cheap. I had just one side of mine done around 4 years ago and it was around $3500. That was replacing the 5 wooden posts with steel and putting up the fence. That is an 8 ft fence, board on board.
    Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
    All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
    Do what you got to do

Comment

Depends on how fancy you want the fence to be, and how much fence you want to put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prices will be going up on Harvey rebuilds.

Comment

I had a board on board steel post a tad over 8 feet fence I paid $7K couple years ago, average size Frisco back yard.

Comment

I was quoted $50 per linear foot for an eight foot board on board, two years ago. So I built it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie View Post
              Hi, anyone knows what the going price per foot for a fence? thanks
              Prior to building mine, I was getting quotes in the $38-$45 per linear foot for 8' board on board, basic trim, steel posts. I have 330' of fence line.

Comment

As I recall, repairing an existing fence may be done without a permit but replacing the fence needs a permit. Check with the city before you proceed.
                Most of the cost is the boards - taller is more and overlapped is more. Metal posts are advised.
                If "new" means replacement of existing, consider whether pets or children are involved. If there is no fence now, you may want a survey to ensure that it's placed on your property and does not encroach on someone else's property. Moving a fence is more work. You may want to visit with your adjacent neighbors just to let them know your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by IBM5081 View Post
                  As I recall, repairing an existing fence may be done without a permit but replacing the fence needs a permit. Check with the city before you proceed.
                  Most of the cost is the boards - taller is more and overlapped is more. Metal posts are advised.
                  If "new" means replacement of existing, consider whether pets or children are involved. If there is no fence now, you may want a survey to ensure that it's placed on your property and does not encroach on someone else's property. Moving a fence is more work. You may want to visit with your adjacent neighbors just to let them know your plans.
                  Good Points

Permits are waste of time on a fence. What the worst thing the city can do? Make you pay a double permit fee if you get caught without a permit. I think Permits are like $27 in Frisco.

Comment

The permit also makes sure it is up to code. We had a neighbor build one and the city came out and made him tear it down and redo it to code.
                    Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
                    All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
                    Do what you got to do

Comment

Originally posted by Opus View Post
                      The permit also makes sure it is up to code. We had a neighbor build one and the city came out and made him tear it down and redo it to code.
                      Code is bare minimum and code is also based upon the interpretation of said inspector. Which means there is a lot of wiggle room

Comment

Originally posted by Sumtingwong View Post

Good Points

Permits are waste of time on a fence.

Just want to point out the irony in your post...how many people say immigration rules are a waste of time with regards to a certain fence/wall.... something you piss and moan about daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus View Post
                          A permit is useless since the city does not perform an inspection. It is simply a tax on your home maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                          X