Garage door work recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door work recommendation

Chuck Jones came out to my house today and installed a new garage door opener for me. He also installed two new garage door springs for me. Let me tell you folks, this guy is GREAT!!! Not to mention, very honest and extremely reasonable on his prices. (In fact, he was $100 cheaper than Tommy with North Dallas Doors, and he brought out a better product than Tommy had told me he would install).
    I would "highly" recommend Chuck...214-864-4919

P.S. I have used Tommy in the past and liked him, but Chuck is my new garage door man!

Originally posted by cindyj View Post
    Chuck Jones came out to my house today and installed a new garage door opener for me. He also installed two new garage door springs for me. Let me tell you folks, this guy is GREAT!!! Not to mention, very honest and extremely reasonable on his prices. (In fact, he was $100 cheaper than Tommy with North Dallas Doors, and he brought out a better product than Tommy had told me he would install).
    I would "highly" recommend Chuck...214-864-4919

P.S. I have used Tommy in the past and liked him, but Chuck is my new garage door man!
    Based on your moniker, your name wouldn't possibly be Cindy JONES now would it??? LOL.

Comment

Chuck has been recommended on here before. Along with Tommy, LOL
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by scraven68 View Post
        Based on your moniker, your name wouldn't possibly be Cindy JONES now would it??? LOL.
        My name is: Cindy J Cockrill (the "J" stands for Jatrina).
        Last edited by cindyj; 04-24-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

What is this better product than he offered?
          Be respected. Be unique. Stand up for yourself. Be kind. Don't worry. Forget the insults. Remember the compliments. Don't allow yourself to be bullied by anyone

Comment

The garage door opener.

Comment

Originally posted by cindyj View Post
              The garage door opener.
              Again, what is the product....such as the brand etc.
              Be respected. Be unique. Stand up for yourself. Be kind. Don't worry. Forget the insults. Remember the compliments. Don't allow yourself to be bullied by anyone

Comment

Golfer Girl, The brand of garage door opener I got is a Liftmaster, and I really don't feel the need to go into model numbers, serial numbers, etc. on here when I'm just trying to give a guy a good recommendation.

(I will tell you though that I called them both and got prices on EXACTLY what they'd be using and Chuck's prices were, by far, cheaper.)

Comment

I don't need model numbers etc, but the brand. You said he offered a better product so I was just wondering what it was. Liftmaster is made by Chamberlain which is exactly what North Dallas Doors sells. The logo is right on their website and its the product he told me he recommends. As someone else said early, it seems as though you are somehow connected to this person since you seem to be offended when people ask for more details.

Comment

Never met the guy in my life before today....in fact, got his phone number off here.
                    Sorry you feel I got offended.

Comment

I have also used Chuck Jones and he does do great work at very reasonable prices. He does not own or work for a big company, he works for himself and has no overhead, hence, the better prices.
                      Last edited by lucky lady; 04-24-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I hired Chuck last year (based on non-FOL recommendations) to install a garage door opener in my workshop. I know Tommy does good work (he originally installed the 12x16 door), but Chuck is the only person I will call if I ever need work done on my garage doors.
                        The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Comment

I came across this post while looking for something else and felt the need to respond. While, I believe you are trying to give Chuck a good recommendation, you are unintentionally giving North Dallas Doors a bad one. You are entitled to your opinion, but you cannot get on here and tell us that Tommy is higher priced than Chuck on "EXACTLY" the same thing - which I doubt is true, especially if you won't back up your claim.
                          Even if Tommy was more expensive, he is well known for his honesty, promptness and excellent work, not to mention his willingness to walk you through a problem over the phone at no charge (which he has done for us). There is something to be said about that.
                          For the record...I have used other companies and they just don't compare. North Dallas Doors is by far the better choice.

Sorry for the rant...this just really rubbed me the wrong way!

Comment

How can you say North Dallas Doors is better than Chuck Jones? Have you hired him in the past?

I have hired both and was stating I preferred Chuck over Tommy.
                            The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Comment

Ooh, this could be the next big thread.
                              Chuck vs. Tommy. Ding Ding Ding.
                              Kings of Comfort AC and Tommy with North Dallas Doors (Garage Doors) are my approved companies of choice. No need to look any further.

Comment

Working...
                              X