Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mail delivery problems start all over again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail delivery problems start all over again!

I don't remember if have posted about this before but I do have to ask if anyone has problems with their mail delivery?

I had a lot of problems back in Jun last year that the mail lady kept delivering my neighbors (not just next door but some are from 3, 4 streets away)magazines, bills to our mailbox. So I called to the Frisco post office on Stonebrook Pkwy and finally got a hold of someone. The supervisor there promised to follow up with the mail lady but I still got someone else's mail by mid July.

Then I called the Dallas Consumer Affair to file a complaint about this and the mail lady has not deliver any wrong mail to us for a while. I am not sure if she misdelivered our mail to other people but as least I am not getting my neighbors' mail.

Today, again, I started seeing other neighbors' mail in my mailbox again. What should I do? What can I do to make sure the mail lady can deliver the right mail to me? Who should I call to complain about this?

It's Cinco de Mayo. Have a Margarita with your carrier and don't worry about it.

Comment

Constantly. Yesterday and today it was just that we got a piece of our neighbors mail (which happens at LEAST once a week. 2 weeks ago we had our next door neighbors mail in our box (all of it) and their box was completely empty. There wasn't any of our mail in the mix so no clue who ended up with ours!

Comment

Comment

I receive my neighbors credit card statements and bills all the time. It's very frustrating. Most of my bills I do paperless, but I'm always missing magazines and things like that. A bigger problem has been two bills dh tried to mail off never arrived, so he has checks out there that are God knows where.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I have only had a few mail issues my entire time in Frisco. One was a Netflix delivery that I actually thought was the one I was waiting for but it belonged to someone on the other side of the neighborhood. I assume the mailperson assumed it was mine since I was on the CD exchange plan for awhile.

The other mixups have been with the house 2 doors down that has the exact same numbers in their address as mine with 2 flipped.

Other than that, no issues, not even a note when I park in front of the box. I think my mailperson does a good job.
            Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it'll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." (NYTimes, March 6, 2007)

Comment

There are still issues, but OMG things are much better than 10 years ago.
              Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right

Comment

What do you expect? Good service? Its run by the govt and the unions... Dont you know that the Postal Workers work hard and deserve to be overpaid for simple work? if your kid ever needs to write a paper on inefficiency and productivity challenges, send them straight to the postal service or any other government / union facility.

Comment

Here's a visual to give you cold chills: just imagine Obama CrapCare with the reliability of the Post Office and the "humanity" of a TSA groper....

Comment

Maybe if everybody gave their carrier cake, cookies, or booze every so often they'd remember your name and address.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle lolo View Post
                      Maybe if everybody gave their carrier cake, cookies, or booze every so often they'd remember your name and address.
                      Uncle Lolo, i'm sure you are the Fred (Fred Factor reference here) of carriers. but i'm not giving cake, cookies, and booze to anyone in exchange for doing their job correctly.
                      No pressure, no diamonds. -Thomas Carlyle

Worth it > Easy

Comment

Originally posted by va-native View Post
                        Uncle Lolo, i'm sure you are the Fred (Fred Factor reference here) of carriers. but i'm not giving cake, cookies, and booze to anyone in exchange for doing their job correctly.
                        Sorry, I was noticing the liquor cabinet getting low.

Comment

My understanding is that at the Frisco PO, the mail sorting is done at the PO, and not by the carriers. If this is not accurate, I trust that Uncle Lolo will correct me.

Comment

Let's just say that I would give Penguin's missing $2,000 check to have Uncle Lolo as our carrier.

Our guy is terrible...our mail is consistently wet on rainy days because he can't be bothered to close the mailbox - I have even found (& taken pictures of) our mail soaking wet in the gutter. We get our neighbor's mail all the time & I have to redeliver (including VERY important, time sensitive stuff from INS & other places). We seem to only get our water bill about 7 months out of the year & the rest, we just have to guess how much we owe.

Don't even get me started on the giant CF that goes on when trying to pick up a package at the PO on Stonebrook. Talk about wanting to go postal.
                            Lee Michael ~~ December 28, 1980 - July 18, 2009
                            Rest Well, Beloved Little Brother! You are forever loved & missed.
                            My dear little brother honorably donated his kidneys, liver, skin & his beautiful eyes.

Comment

The post office has been very helpful in bringing our neighborhood closer together. It's great being able to talk to each other and catching up on the local gossip while exchanging mail.
                              1-20-17

Comment

Working...
                              X