Flooring Contractor for Tile Installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring Contractor for Tile Installation

Hi all, I am looking to have some new tile installed in my kitchen and bathrooms. I am looking for a good local flooring contractor. I did some searches online and got a few quotes from these guys already: http://theflooringproguys.com/, http://www.sharp-floors.com/floors-frisco-tx.html, http://floors4lesstx.com/. The problem is, I really don't know where to start when looking for a flooring contractor So I figured if y'all had any good references, I could call them and go from there, and that would help significantly. Thanks!

have you tried J & H Floors? Locally owned and family operated. Top notch customer service!

Comment

Will these people also remove the existing tile?

Comment

I did see J&H Floors website, I haven't called them yet. Thanks for the reco.@golfacct I assumed that most flooring companies would include the demo as part of the installation, so I have not asked about it. Is this not the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
          Is this not the case?
          I was wondering the same thing. I could see that depending on what they are taking out v. putting in can make a difference in price. Example, taking out carpet and putting in tile... v. taking out tile to put in tile. Carpet is a lot easier to take out so I would not think it would be as much.

Comment

Nebraska Furniture Mart is one option .. not sure of how their pricing stacks up. Also another contractor I just heard of from my nephew is http://50floor.com/. They have some good reviews on YELP. I will probably reach out to 50 Floor later this year to evaluate their pricing. I, too, have heard good things about J&H Flooring!

Comment

I've heard great things about J&H flooring too. We used Builders Carpet and Design center in McKinney on Alma and they did a great job. A couple of our neighbors used them as well.

Comment

Make sure to confirm whether they have their own employees or contract out. If they contract out you are essentially paying them a general contractor fee but having to manage the work as well (my experience is that when they contract out the guys that show up don't know the job specifics, rush, and try to get out fast as they are working on a set fee).
                Just had carpet installed and felt like it was a professional job as done by the company's employees.

Comment

J&H includes the removal in their pricing. We had them quote removal of some existing tile, hardwood and carpet and replace with all wood. Their bid includes the demo. They have their own crews - according to John, the owner, most of the guys have been with them 10 years or more.

I would suspect that the larger corporate suppliers (Nebraska Furnituer, 50 Floor, etc) use a variety of subcontractors.

Edit to add: We have not used them yet but are getting ready to schedule the job. I have been pleased with their bid process and have received enough personal recommendations that I never considered going anywhere else.
                  Last edited by JaLynnC; 06-24-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Tony Mitchell aka Texas Tony here on FOL. They do great work. Just did work at house and turned out great. (817) 205-6364

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We used J&H floors twice to do floors in our house and would use again. Easy to deal with and fair pricing. They are worth a call to discuss budget and see your options.

Price included demo, floor prep, removal of furniture and in our case installing quarter round. Who ever you use make sure costs includes everything including finishing touches.

If you are removing existing tile be prepared for a ton of dust. Go to Home Depot and buy cheap air filters You will need to replace every couple days due to dust levels.

Comment

I used J&H to re-do all floors in my house. Demo'd existing ceramic tile and replaced with larger, porcelain tiles... removed carpeting and replaced with engineered h/w. Their pricing was competitive; and I was very pleased with the work they did, and the time frame they did it in.

Comment

Originally posted by alleycat70 View Post
                          Make sure to confirm whether they have their own employees or contract out. If they contract out you are essentially paying them a general contractor fee but having to manage the work as well (my experience is that when they contract out the guys that show up don't know the job specifics, rush, and try to get out fast as they are working on a set fee).Just had carpet installed and felt like it was a professional job as done by the company's employees.
                          Just had a friend go through this, that is definitely something I was concerned about. He said he had scheduled the install with a really professional guy, but when the workers showed up, they had a separate foreman and hardly spoke English. Looks like a lot of votes for J&H, I think I will have to give them a shot. Thanks yall!

Comment

I have used J&H Family floors 3 times in the past 1.5 yrs. Twice on my own house replacing all the carpet (started with the 2nd story and then did the 1st floor) and again with my FIL house (whole house- carpet & hardwood installed).

Great price and his crew works directly for him.

Comment

We used Home Depot recently for a new tile bathroom floor. They did a great job. From the person who took the order (who had lots of knowledge about tiles, grout options, etc.), to the professional plumber who removed and then re-sat the commode, to the man who laid the tile (perfectly), we were impressed with the work. Also, they were able to schedule the work promptly, once the tile ordered arrived.

We're planning to replace carpet next, and I expect we will use Home Depot again.

Comment

Working...
                              X