Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon HQ2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    "McKinney mayor: City 'taking steps' to pursue Amazon headquarters "

    Mayor George Fuller said he and city staff will “proactively pursue a deal with Amazon,” according to a Facebook post on Fuller’s page published Friday.


    Sep 8, 2017: Editor's note: This article has been updated with comment from Mayor George Fuller. Mayor George Fuller said he and city staff will "proactively pursue a d

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Tooleman
      Highly doubt Amazon would open a HQ in Texas. Way too backwards for a company out of PNW. Hell Frisco just voted to stay in the 1920s last year. Tesla is illegal, weird laws on when you can sell cars and liquor, legal fights over gay marriage rights and pot gets you in jail.
      Because...well...you know...when a company is looking to relocate, one of their top priorities is weed being available legally.

      :rollseyes:


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Drivin'tooFast
        Legalize marijane and you would be on an even footing with Denver. I SAVED money moving to NM from N. Dallas with it's 5% income tax due to lower auto insurance and property taxes. The Texas powerpoint has that 0% income taxes bullet point but its a false total value.
        Sounds fantastic...well...once you get past the fact you have to live in New Mexico.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Tooleman View Post
          Highly doubt Amazon would open a HQ in Texas. Way too backwards for a company out of PNW. Hell Frisco just voted to stay in the 1920s last year. Tesla is illegal, weird laws on when you can sell cars and liquor, legal fights over gay marriage rights and pot gets you in jail.
          I could definitely see you as the CEO of a company answering to a board of directors for the investors.

          Board: "Toolie, why didn't you take the economic incentives, the low cost of living, abundant labor, great airport and relocate to Texas instead of CA/IL/NY, etc?"

          Toolie: "I couldn't buy whiskey or a car on Sundays PLUS they don't teach tranny education to kindergarten kids so I am out."
          There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

          Comment


          • #20
            Maybe the owners of the Brinkman(sp?) Ranch would sell.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Mommyp View Post
              HQ will go on a campus size lot. Physical location in relationship to warehouses is irrelevant. They want incentives, public transportation, culture. Frisco can only provide 1 of the 3.
              Public Transportation bring in trash and criminals.

              If you have any question about that go to where the DART rail line ends at Parker and Ave. K east of 75. You will see the job shack about 500 yards from there. There are guys who come from South Dallas who are living in halfway houses and they come up there to find work. They are carrying suitcases with all their belonging in it, some of them will start living behind the building in the area and pushing shopping carts.

              No Sir we don't need no Public Transportation, I personally watched DART bring take Irving from a thriving city to a decaying city full or crime and poverty thanks to DART.

              Comment


              • #22
                If they put it on Brinkmann Ranch, where would Disney go?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Lol

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Sumtingwong View Post

                    Public Transportation bring in trash and criminals.

                    If you have any question about that go to where the DART rail line ends at Parker and Ave. K east of 75. You will see the job shack about 500 yards from there. There are guys who come from South Dallas who are living in halfway houses and they come up there to find work. They are carrying suitcases with all their belonging in it, some of them will start living behind the building in the area and pushing shopping carts.

                    No Sir we don't need no Public Transportation, I personally watched DART bring take Irving from a thriving city to a decaying city full or crime and poverty thanks to DART.
                    Irving was in decay long before DART showed up.
                    Last edited by Invader; 09-14-2017, 02:35 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rooster View Post

                      Because...well...you know...when a company is looking to relocate, one of their top priorities is weed being available legally.

                      :rollseyes:


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      They are not looking to relocate, but to expand. And im sure coming from a place that loves freedom, they might look the other way from a place that hates it.
                      moths are attracted to the showroom bright glow of LCD..

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Oh man they must have found some spare change the Frisco ISD wasn't using.

                        https://communityimpact.com/dallas-f...-headquarters/

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Guess we will see how much weight they put on mass transit. Frisco and DFW in general won't score well on that front. I agree that Austin and DFW will be top contenders in Texas. Austin has more culture and the progressive feel of city is better aligned to Seattle but Austin roads are awful (no comparison to N Texas infrastructure) and Austin airport doesn't even compare to Love Field let alone DFW.

                          Compared to Seattle and big west/east coats cities the cost of living is a plus. Looking at other metro areas in middle America not so much. Sure no income tax but you get clobbered with property taxes, sky high insurance rates and large utility bills. Housing prices - again not the edge it used to be unless looking at west/east coast metro areas.

                          Denver is interesting option. I wonder if they have bias to be in center of country or eastern side vs closer to west coast.

                          Texas business climate is a huge plus. Chicago said they were bidding. The red tape nightmare to get it built there I think will be a deal breaker.



                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Tooleman View Post

                            They are not looking to relocate, but to expand. And im sure coming from a place that loves freedom, they might look the other way from a place that hates it.
                            You mean the freedom in Cali that only wants like minded people to be allowed to speak on universities ? The freedom of local police to not cooperate with ICE and violate US law ? Freedom to implement a health care plan they had to shelve because even taxing "rich" and business to death was not going to work. Cali is not the beacon of freedom you think it is.


                            As a public company Bezos has fiduciary responsibility to shareholders and BOD to make best business decision regardless of politics. Passing up the best option cost wise for Amazon because it is in a red state - well he won't stay around long after that.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X