Grand Park?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Park?

Any word on progress? I keep seeing posts about dog parks and tennis clubs and so on and I tried to find out what the deal is with Grand Park but I don't see anything.

Yes, The location for Grand Park has been moved to Warren and the Tollway and will include a 12,000 seat domed stadium, 1 million square feet of office space, a 480 room hotel, and retail and residential development - well ok that's not exactly Grand Park, but it's the money that could have been used on Grand Park.
    There is no Grand Park, first there was the Disney rumor, and now there is the Grand Park rumor.

Comment

Maybe they could combine the Disney rumor and the Grand Park rumor. Texas Disneyland with the Grand Texan resort?

Oh well, when I want to walk somewhere decent I'll just keep on going to Plano. Unless they let me jog around the new stadium...

Comment

That thing is never getting built... we've been hearing about it for a decade and there is still not a single shovel full of dirt moved.... It stays marked down as "Failure" in my city grade book
        The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

Comment

Still waiting on the Feds (USACE).
          If you're addicted to cold turkey how do you stop?
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Originally posted by bizguy View Post
            That thing is never getting built... we've been hearing about it for a decade and there is still not a single shovel full of dirt moved.... It stays marked down as "Failure" in my city grade book
            They're going to break ground just as soon as the Arts Hall is finished.
            This space for rent. Inquire within.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
              Still waiting on the Feds (USACE).
              blah, blah, excuse, excuse..... all still fail.....

we could have won World War Two almost 3 times now....

we put a man on the Moon faster

Hoover Dam was built in less time

We are creeping up on the same amount of time that it took to the US to build the freakin' Panama Canal

Heck the Erie canal was completed by our Founding Father's generation in less time and THEY DIDN"T EVEN HAVE STEAM POWER.....

Comment

Thank Uninformed Citizen, the mayor's wife and the Downwinders.
                Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it'll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." (NYTimes, March 6, 2007)

Comment

blah, blah, excuse, excuse..... all still fail.....

we could have won World War Two almost 3 times now....

we put a man on the Moon faster

Hoover Dam was built in less time

We are creeping up on the same amount of time that it took to the US to build the freakin' Panama Canal

Heck the Erie canal was completed by our Founding Father's generation in less time and THEY DIDN"T EVEN HAVE STEAM POWER.....

And back then the EPA wasn't trying to regulate every gutter and drainage ditch that might have water in it at some point as a "navigable" waterway. I've said it before but the levels of reach the Feds are going to currently are unprecedented.

Comment

And back then the EPA wasn't trying to regulate every gutter and drainage ditch that might have water in it at some point as a "navigable" waterway. I've said it before but the levels of reach the Feds are going to currently are unprecedented.
                    And I totally get that Brother Rebel.... however I would say it is high time for the city to stop being the victim of abuse and take the offensive. I am sure there are dozens of municipalities just in TX in similar straits and could be counted on to join in a legal action against the EPA to halt said over reach....

either that or just scrap the plans for the "lake" feature.....

Comment

And I totally get that Brother Rebel.... however I would say it is high time for the city to stop being the victim of abuse and take the offensive. I am sure there are dozens of municipalities just in TX in similar straits and could be counted on to join in a legal action against the EPA to halt said over reach....

either that or just scrap the plans for the "lake" feature.....
                      Our president would just override the courts.

And everything about grand park is centered on that lake. It is THE primary feature.

Comment

I am sure there are dozens of municipalities just in TX in similar straits and could be counted on to join in a legal action against the EPA to halt said over reach....
                        And how many additional millions would that cost? Are you trying to get the city to pay the lawyers in addition to the sports people?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
                          And how many additional millions would that cost? Are you trying to get the city to pay the lawyers in addition to the sports people?
                          at least the park is something for the citizens of Frisco and not for billionaire owners that live elsewhere...

Comment

I'd be happy with sidewalks on all roads. That way we can walk/run without having to play in traffic!

Comment

Our president would just override the courts.

And everything about grand park is centered on that lake. It is THE primary feature.

Yes, I know the city has sold the concept of the lake to numerous developers at this point so there is no going back, but it is going to be funny to see "The Canals of Grand Park" (currently being built) sit across from a fallow field for another decade....

Comment

Working...
                              X