The Star

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throstle View Post
    In recent days Frisco's Mayor made a claim that The Star will create career and academic opportunities for FISD students in the area of sports medicine, sports marketing, etc. When challenged as to what subjects will be a formal part of FISD's curriculum and taught at/in conjunction with The Star, his reply is that one should contact FISD for this information. Ergo, a speculative, hype-laden statement with no basis in reality.

*SMH*
    To be fair he was probably just quoting from the consultant's report. You know the consultants cities and governments hire to create economic projections that never pan out.
    Last edited by TexasLonghorn94; 08-23-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLonghorn94 View Post
      To be fair he was probably just quoting from the consultant's report. You know the consultants cities and governments hire to create economic projections that never pan out.
      And one of the "leading" consultancy firms for sports arenas is Convention, Sports, and Leisure in Plano.

CSL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Legends Hospitality.

Legends Hospitality is a joint venture co-owned by the New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys.

What do you think the unbiased impartial observers at CSL would say about the untold riches The Star is certain to shower down upon Frisco?
      This space for rent. Inquire within.

Comment

In recent days Frisco's Mayor made a claim that The Star will create career and academic opportunities for FISD students in the area of sports medicine, sports marketing, etc. When challenged as to what subjects will be a formal part of FISD's curriculum and taught at/in conjunction with The Star, his reply is that one should contact FISD for this information. Ergo, a speculative, hype-laden statement with no basis in reality.

*SMH*
        There is a very strong sports medicine program at our high schools and they also offer sports marketing classes as a part of the curriculum. I will keep you posted on how much the sports medicine group of students at WHS actually interact with the world class sports medicine facility at the Star.

Comment

I think this quote, from recent D Magazine story (link below) says it all. Emphasis mine:

"... I remember before we were designing, we had a vision session, with all the players in the room—the Jones family, Frisco ISD Superintendent Jeremy Lyons, Frisco’s city manager George Purefoy—there were at least 30 people in the room. We were having a conversation about how we could make it work for the Frisco high school teams that would play there—changing out the logos on the end zone, things like that. Dr. Lyons said, “No. Our parents and students want the Cowboys experience.” He was saying, it’s not just a football field, it’s a Cowboys football field. That was a tremendous breakthrough. And it will just add to the excitement for the teams...."

http://www.dmagazine.com/commercial-...boys-new-home/

Comment

I think this quote, from recent D Magazine story (link below) says it all. Emphasis mine:

"... I remember before we were designing, we had a vision session, with all the players in the room—the Jones family, Frisco ISD Superintendent Jeremy Lyons, Frisco’s city manager George Purefoy—there were at least 30 people in the room. We were having a conversation about how we could make it work for the Frisco high school teams that would play there—changing out the logos on the end zone, things like that. Dr. Lyons said, “No. Our parents and students want the Cowboys experience.” He was saying, it’s not just a football field, it’s a Cowboys football field. That was a tremendous breakthrough. And it will just add to the excitement for the teams...."

http://www.dmagazine.com/commercial-...boys-new-home/
            I've made the comment here before that the only reason for all this expense and excess is so jock-sniffing administrators and parents can pretend that our little Thursday and Friday Night Gridiron Warriors are playing in the NFL. It was meant as sarcasm, but I'm not surprised to see there is a significant element of truth behind it starting at the very top of the ISD.
            This space for rent. Inquire within.

Comment

"In recent days Frisco's Mayor made a claim that The Star will create career and academic opportunities for FISD students in the area of sports medicine, sports marketing, etc. When challenged as to what subjects will be a formal part of FISD's curriculum and taught at/in conjunction with The Star, his reply is that one should contact FISD for this information. Ergo, a speculative, hype-laden statement with no basis in reality"

"The Star" is the entire 91 acre development, not only the Ford Center.

http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/201...athletes.html/
              Last edited by Husker44; 08-23-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

It is pretty crazy how much money we spend on athletics not only at the public school level. These kids have nicer facilities and equipment than the Raiders and the Bills.

Comment

Another old thread dug up by a spammer.
                  President Obama is a deer caught in the headlights of history.
                  -- Col. Ralph Peters

Comment

I wouldn't buy anything from this guy under any circumstances. These people apparently aren't smart enough to figure out that these type of posts do them more harm than good.
                    “There are 2 ways to fight the United States Military: Asymmetrically and stupid.- H.R. McMaster

Comment

Everyone should text the guy and setup an appointment and then not show.
                      Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
                      All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
                      Do what you got to do

Comment

The Scars legacy begins. Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson told police he had ‘rage’ before arrest
                        Police documents show that Dallas Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson blamed road rage for his actions in a Frisco parking lot.

Comment

The way the soccer moms drive around here I have road rage every day.
                          Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
                          All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
                          Do what you got to do

Comment

Working...
                          X