New Site Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Issues

As you all see, the new FOL Site / Forums has launched. We have opened this thread specifically to report any issues that you maybe have with the site. We will try to address any issue as promptly as we can.

Changing the date of birth setting in the user settings panel does not work.

My ignore list was wiped and I had to re-add the names to the list.

The posts per page setting in the user settings panel kept the 40 posts per page I had on the old version, but the forum was only showing 15 posts per page. Changing this setting to something else and then changing it back fixed it.
    "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

search function not working .........

Comment

I'm getting PMs when people thank or mark my posts as not helpful. I never got that before and i checked my user settings and is set to not notify me.

Comment

Seems the url is now redundant. forums/forum? Not great for SEO and now makes an additional click in tapatalk. Also appears the upgrade was applied to a database backup that was several days stale and a number of posts were lost. That doesn't really matter but with the delays, functionality issues and changes...seems tech-critic wasn't up to snuff.

Comment

Frisco Q&A is missing from the top nav drop down menu.

Comment

Two things.

1. If you try to preview a post the content of the post gets shoved into a narrow column along the right hand side of the preview pop-up.

2. My ignore list was completely cleared out sometime this morning.

Comment

Echo the birth date function is not working
                “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
                Ms. Parker

Comment

Based on the errors I saw before, (page unable to load because content decoding failed), I am guessing they had issues with gzip configuration on their server and had to disable it. That would explain part of the long page load times, as the first request takes 1.5-2 seconds (it should never be more than 400ms). The next big issue is that the FOL logo is 1.8 MB. It is clearly not web-optimized, so please use this tool to compress it and re-upload it (it should shrink from 1.8MB to about 38KB).

ETA: I would also add that the FOL logo is being loaded from another domain, and visiting that domain exposes the directory structure and php info. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy work.
                  Last edited by perseco; 08-30-2016, 02:14 PM.
                  "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
                  "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

You have to go to the top of the screen to navigate to another forum. There used to be button at the bottom for this. It makes it a pain in the rear. It was better two updates ago.

Comment

Page load times have improved about 25-30% (initial page load before all the other assets/scripts/images/etc) since my previous post, and the logo was replaced. Improvements are being made.

Comment

are they ever going to make the search function work for posts prior to the update?

Comment

On the drop down menu there is no option for Frisco Q&a, but there are TWO tabs for Frisco Community exchange
                          Getting a personal message for every time someone likes/ thanks, is not necessary.
                          :)

Comment

What a mess. The firm in the bottom right bit off more than they can chew. This is one of the worst implementations I have ever seen.

Comment

Getting a handle on the SPAM seems to be out of their reach currently too!!! WOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X