No announcement yet.

New Site Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized that the immortal words of Monty Python were a comment on the new FOL:

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM!

Comment

Having trouble with "Search" option

Comment

Originally posted by greentetra View Post
        Having trouble with "Search" option
        greentetra,

Can you please tell us the error message you get while searching? Also, there are two search boxes, one above the thread and the other one in the navbar beside "Forums". Which one is troubling?

Comment

Originally posted by FOL Hamster View Post

greentetra,

Can you please tell us the error message you get while searching? Also, there are two search boxes, one above the thread and the other one in the navbar beside "Forums". Which one is troubling?
          I used the search box beside "Forums". For example, when I search "Bill Johnson Fence" , I'm getting only 1 result. Meanwhile if you google the same words, you can at least 4-5posts in this forum alone. I realize it only gives posts that are new like between Aug- now. NO older posts are shown in the results. You can try searching 'fence, patio' etc. Is it just me? DO I need to change any setting?

Comment

Also, you can't login via the naked domain, it barfs with a server error. Seems they set the site in VB to always use www. Another interesting tidbit...all sorts of information displayed if you open up the javscript console and watch what's being logged to it. Appears a debug mode might still be turned on?

Comment

site keeps refreshing in all browsers.. cant post.... ugh

Comment

Yup, constant refreshing every 3-5 seconds. Really not sure why there aren't active moderators on the site.

Comment

The issue with the constant refresh should be addressed now. The development team has identified the bug which was triggered from the DST after last weeks time update.

If anyone else has any issues, please do not hesitate to report back

Comment

I posted this before, but is there anyway that when someone "Thanks" your post, it doesn't come up as new in your Inbox? It's hard to keep tabs on likes and actual messages
                    :)

Comment

Working...
                    X