Orange Theory Fitness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Theory Fitness

Anybody checked out this place yet? What are your thoughts? I'm always open to new fitness experiences.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ask frisco mortgage guy...
    The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

Comment

The workouts are good to great. It definetly lives by the " you get it of it what you put into it" philosophy. I wished they added a bit of warm up / stretching to the beginning / end of eac session.
      The other little thing that "rubs me a bit wrong" is their claim regarding how many calories you burn during session, and continue to burn after the session.

Comment

I filled out the online form to try a free class. I will give it a whirl! I get bored easy, so always looking for something to up my fitness game.

Comment

I just wanted to give an update. I have tried and LOVED this place. If you're someone that gets bored easy, or find yourself just going through the motions at the gym, you should try this place. I have now joined and become an unlimited member. It reminds me of many years ago when I attended group classes at a very nice private gym in another state. I was in the best shape of my life! If you're a runner, you might enjoy that half the class tends to be treadmill work, but not boring steady pace treadmill. Running high intensity intervals and playing with that incline has helped me improve my overall pace on my outside neighborhood runs. Another great thing is you have a personal trainer telling you everything to do, so you don't have to figure it out yourself. Great gym! I'm still a member of Frisco Athletic Center as well, but use it mainly for leisurely swim activities, etc

Comment

woah Nelly! I'm down 10 lbs and 2 sizes (wasn't trying to be) since I joined this place. And I still haven't ran into FMG. I've been going 5-6x a week. Addicting!

Comment

FMG broke his collar bone at the start of the summer and slowed him down some… Have been going once a week – HUGE Fan!!!!!!
              Looking for a mortgage, Geoffrey is the Frisco Mortgage Guy!? www.FriscoMortgageGuy.com
              Looking to ride a bike with others? www.FriscoCycling.com
              Looking for a good breakfast club? www.FriscoSunrise.org
              Looking for a great church? www.StPhilipsFrisco.org

Comment

It's circuit training and it works with your heart rate... I've been doing it for 2 months and I have to say its a tough workout but I honestly love it and recommend it... I've never said that before about any workout in my life but I honestly love it It can be as tough as you want as everyone can push as far as they feel they want to or can take but you don't have to go at the same pace as the rest.. I think most studios have the first class for free so if there's one close to you try it... They have monitors showing your heart rate so you know on what zone you are and how much more you want to push and the "orange theory" is that if you stay on the orange zone for 12 to 20 Minutes you go into after burn and keep burning calories for 36 hours.. I always burn around 600 calories per class but I've seen ppl specially guys burn more than 1000 in one hour. I hope it helps!
                Fitness Subscription Box, Workout Subscription Box, Healthy Subscription Boxes

Comment

How much is the membership?

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                    How much is the membership?
                    There's several different options. I chose the 6 month unlimited contract which got me a rate of $139, but I heard it's a bit more now? Not sure. I've been a member for over a year now. You just need to call and ask bc it varies on how often you want to go. I go 5x a week, so unlimited was my best option.

Comment

Working...
                    X