Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveway wet all the time

Hi,

My driveway is wet all the time not sure what may be causing it. Does anybody face this issue. Sprinklers are off since October and no rain. Attaching some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Underground water leak, either drinking water or irrigation water. Turn off the sprinklers at the double check valve. Don't use water in the house and watch your water meter run. Concrete is like a sponge...not impervious to water. Call a leak testing company.

Comment

Is the sidewalk wet too? Call the city water department and have them investigate.

Comment

Do you have public area by it? There sprinklers could be causing this. More concerned you have a lead under the house, and it's coming out at the driveway.. Turn off oll of your water and watch your Water valve.
        Making Dream's come true one family at a time, one house at a time...

Comment

Is this all the time, or just when the humidity is high? My driveway was "wet" late last night when I went out to roll the trash cans out...so were all of the neighbors driveways within my view...we don't all have leaks, it was the humidity settling on my driveway concrete. This happens occasionally.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs. I called city water department as per the technician there is no water leak. It is happening in the evenings and drying out in day time. My neighbors didn't have this much water on there driveway so little concerned..

Comment

It is happening in the evenings and drying out in day time.
              So your driveway is not "wet all the time". This is like a cold salad plate in a restaurant - moisture condenses on a cold surface and evaporates when that surface warms up. If there is no wind and you look closely, you can see the moisture creating a slight fog. This happens to city streets as well but the sun burns it off once the sky clears. Nothing you can do about it.

Comment

Thanks that helps...

Comment

Driveway wet all the time

Yesterday it got dry in the day time. Currently the temperature is 72 degree Fahrenheit and 1 pm . I noticed it is again getting wet . Could it be due to small leak.

Last edited by manu.ldh13; 12-22-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Honestly, could be a spring under neath. My next door neighbor had a sink hole 14 ft long under their walkway... Dig a hole in the 'mulch left of the sidewalk about 12 inches deep. See if it fills up..
                    Making Dream's come true one family at a time, one house at a time...

Comment

I would check your water meter and see if you have a leak. Make sure you don't have anything in the house using water and see if the meter is registering water moving.

Great idea Eagle_rc on digging a hole in the mulch to see if it fills with water.

Comment

Completely normal given the weather conditions and the angle of the sun. Your cold concrete is making water from the humidity in the air. Since the sun is low and weak (winter solstice) the concrete is not storing solar radiant energy like it normally would at other times of the year.

You notice the moisture is mottled and not radiating from a point source - no leak there.

Science its a wonderful thing.

Comment

Driveway wet all the time

Thanks for the suggestions..
                          Last edited by manu.ldh13; 12-23-2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X