Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late night door bangers Preston Highlands Frisco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Late night door bangers Preston Highlands Frisco

    I am bringing this up to everyone in Preston Highlands because someone's kids are sneaking out of the house late at night without the parents knowledge. I have been hit twice in the last month by 2 kids who think it is a joke to ring your door bell at 1 am on a Saturday night. And to top it off they come back about 1 1/2 hours later and do it again. The first time I almost caught them, the last time this past Saturday night, I sat in my vehicle and sure as all get out I watch 2 of them cross my street about a half block down. At that time I called the police and within a minute there were 3 police cars canvassing the area. This is either 2 siblings from the same house or someone who has a buddy that sleeps over. At one time in our lives this was fun to do pranks like this, but nowadays the way thing are today it can be dangerous too. I have not seen their faces but i do have a an idea of who it might be. I will catch them.

  • #2
    Originally posted by reggie View Post
    I am bringing this up to everyone in Preston Highlands because someone's kids are sneaking out of the house late at night without the parents knowledge. I have been hit twice in the last month by 2 kids who think it is a joke to ring your door bell at 1 am on a Saturday night. And to top it off they come back about 1 1/2 hours later and do it again. The first time I almost caught them, the last time this past Saturday night, I sat in my vehicle and sure as all get out I watch 2 of them cross my street about a half block down. At that time I called the police and within a minute there were 3 police cars canvassing the area. This is either 2 siblings from the same house or someone who has a buddy that sleeps over. At one time in our lives this was fun to do pranks like this, but nowadays the way thing are today it can be dangerous too. I have not seen their faces but i do have a an idea of who it might be. I will catch them.
    What exactly will you do when you catch them?
    “You are asking me how a watch works. For now, just keep an eye on the time.”

    Comment


    • #3
      ummm...okay...while you are out on your stakeout, go ahead and bust some naughty TP'ers as well...they are such hoodlums...

      Put in a camera...or cheaper yet, put up a sign near your doorbell that states that they are under surveillance...then go to bed and enjoy your uninterrupted good night sleep...

      Comment


      • #4
        Lets see, what will i do? I will have 1 or 2 choices. I either will call their parents or call the police. And since I have had to have our police come out, I'll call them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by reggie View Post
          Lets see, what will i do? I will have 1 or 2 choices. I either will call their parents or call the police. And since I have had to have our police come out, I'll call them.
          If you make a phone call or contact the parents of the kids who you "suspect" but cannot prove are doing the ding-dong-ditching...well, you are just creating a bad situation for you and your neighbors, especially if your suspicions are incorrect...do something to curtail the behavior on your property (I made a logical suggestion in a previous post) and move along with something a bit more earth shattering and life changing...

          Comment


          • #6
            Technically speaking these kids are trespassing. And considering many people have guns in Texas, that's a very dangerous game for them to be playing. The Texas gun laws give the benefit of doubt to the owner (shooter) of the property when it's dark outside.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by reggie View Post
              Lets see, what will i do? I will have 1 or 2 choices. I either will call their parents or call the police. And since I have had to have our police come out, I'll call them.
              So, you jump out of the bushes and yell "got ya". It is unlikely they are just going to stand there and calmly give you their names and parents phone number, or stay there patiently and wait for police to show up. Methinks you have not encountered the teenager of today.
              “You are asking me how a watch works. For now, just keep an eye on the time.”

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by friscomatt View Post
                So, you jump out of the bushes and yell "got ya". It is unlikely they are just going to stand there and calmly give you their names and parents phone number, or stay there patiently and wait for police to show up. Methinks you have not encountered the teenager of today.
                Teenager of today? ummm..ding-dong.ditching and other nefarious goings on existed long before the "teenager of today".

                Comment


                • #9
                  This kind of behavior happens when you live in da hood of Frisco.

                  Move over to the west side and the kids are better behaved . They probably have Uber rides waiting to jump in to after they ring the doorbell.
                  There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WestSider93 View Post
                    Teenager of today? ummm..ding-dong.ditching and other nefarious goings on existed long before the "teenager of today".
                    I'm not talking about the ding-dong-ditch part, most all of us have done that at some point. I'm talking about how they'll react when you "catch them". It will probably be on the order of " u ship dit", they're not going to be in the respect your elders kind of mindset I can assure you.
                    “You are asking me how a watch works. For now, just keep an eye on the time.”

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X