Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump to donate all payments by Foreign Govts to his hotels.....to The US Treasury.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump to donate all payments by Foreign Govts to his hotels.....to The US Treasury.

Talk about putting your money where your mouth is!

Forgo his salary...

Donate profits to The US Treasury......

While still being able to use his office to benefit his business.

"Hey dad, can you invite the ambassador of x country to the WH so we can get them to let us build a hotel?"

Sent from my ti-85 using emacs

Comment

Did you not watch his news conference today??

Comment

Yea, giving control to his sons. Also claiming they will not discuss it with him.

Oh, and an ethics advisor appointed by himself to keep himself in check.

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Mugzy View Post
          Yea, giving control to his sons. Also claiming they will not discuss it with him.

Let us know when something DOES go wrong

BTW....wasn't something mentioned about NO NEW DEALS?

That would shoot down your hypothetical

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthat View Post
            Talk about putting your money where your mouth is!

Forgo his salary...

Donate profits to The US Treasury......
            You do know that if Trump keeps his hotels in his family's name he has to give up the foreign donations... right?

Comment

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post

You do know that if Trump keeps his hotels in his family's name he has to give up the foreign donations... right?
              FOCUS

Not donations......but Hotel revenue and profits from foreign govts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugzy View Post

Maybe this will help

Trump attorney Sheri Dillon told reporters the company will not make new foreign deals during the president-elect’s term and will appoint an adviser who will be required to sign off on new domestic business agreements.

Comment

Just add it to the rest of them..

Build the wall, lock her up, no new deals!

Comment

I think it is impossible to create no conflicts for ANY President.

I grew up where you bought your business insurance from a particular person because his brother could keep the health inspector off your back. So let's be honest that there are no real lily white political entities. They are all a bit tainted.

I think the Cheeto is doing about as much as he can but lets not throw roses at his feet for doing it, he knew which job he was signing up for.

I loved how at the news conference everyone was watching Donny's lawyer speak and Donny is looking around the room waiting for the next squirrel to run by. The only time he seems focused is when he is speaking.

Comment

FOCUS

Not donations......but Hotel revenue and profits from foreign govts.
                      Is your head in the freezer today, because you are really slow. Payments, profits, donations from foreign governments are not allowed in Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution.

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.
                      Emolument: a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office.

Again what is the law? Would it apply to Obama if he had Hotels in Iraq and defended those hotels to keep the profits rolling in? Just like Obama gave up the $1.4 million award that comes with the Nobel peace prize. Although, don't know where the medal is, it should be a part of Historical Archives and not in Obama's personal possession.

The President of the United State cannot be in a position that Trump is in, where he can grant favor for profit.

Comment

Is your head in the freezer today, because you are really slow. Payments, profits, donations from foreign governments are not allowed in Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution.

Emolument: a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office.

Again what is the law. Would it apply to Obama if he had Hotels in Iraq and defended those hotels to keep the profits rolling in? Just like Obama gave up the $1.4 million award that comes with the Nobel peace prize. Although, don't know where the medal is, it should be a part of Historical Archives and not in Obama's personal possession.

The President of the United State cannot be in a position that Trump is in, where he can grant favor for profit.
                        Business revenues from his hotels are not considered an Emolument. Nice try.

Of course....nearly every significant donation to Hillarys foundation while Sec of State was.

Your FAKE Independence is reeking today

Comment

Business revenues from his hotels are not considered an Emolument. Nice try.

Of course....nearly every significant donation to Hillarys foundation while Sec of State was.

Your FAKE Independence is reeking today
                          I know the Trump people are trying to spin emolument, but that is a fee for employment. If I pay you for any reason, I'm employing your services. END OF STORY.

Of course when the crooked GOP get through with Supreme Court appointments using talking heads from Fox News anything can happen.

Who knows maybe the requirement for the next president might be to have a net worth valued at more than $1 Billion.

With this new GOP regime who cannot follow the law, anything is possible. I can see Jim Crow coming back.

Comment

I know the Trump people are trying to spin emolument, but that is a fee for employment. If I pay you for any reason, I'm employing your services. END OF STORY.

Of course when the crooked GOP get through with Supreme Court appointments using talking heads from Fox News anything can happen.

Who knows maybe the requirement for the next president might be to have a net worth valued at more than $1 Billion.

With this new GOP regime who cannot follow the law, anything is possible. I can see Jim Crow coming back.
                            Of course you do

Comment

Of course you do
                              Look at his Attorney General.

Comment

Working...
                              X