Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping

Well deadline day is here and so far NO PROOF of wiretapping. Now comes the Trump Administration spin.

Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping

The White House on Monday walked back a key point of President Donald Trump's unsubstantiated allegation that President Barack Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower during the 2016 election.

Namely, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Trump wasn't referring to wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping.
    "I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."

6 days later, no more clarity from Trump on wiretapping claims
    Wiretapping is a narrowly defined surveillance activity that involves tapping into "a telephone or telegram wire in order to get information," according to Merriam-Webster dictionary.
    Spicer also said that Trump was referring to the Obama administration broadly -- and not accusing Obama of personal involvement -- when he tweeted that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower" and accused Obama of being a "bad" or "sick guy."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...zgYZ320u3_dn5A

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...e9Vu-hS80JBzog

What a gd clown show

So let me get this right......

Congress will investigate the alledged Trump/ Russian election collusion.......WITH NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE

But Trump is expected to provide proof of his surveillance claims.....

Congress is worthless.....,and yes....the GOP controlled congress

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthat View Post
      So let me get this right......

Congress will investigate the alledged Trump/ Russian election collusion.......WITH NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE

But Trump is expected to provide proof of his surveillance claims.....

Congress is worthless.....,and yes....the GOP controlled congress
      Trump is expected to backup his claims or is that no longer important?

Remember when I said that he would not be able to back his wiretapping claim up and people would dismiss and excuse it away and still support Trump?
      Yeah, today is that day. How sad it is that Spicer went before the media and attempted spin that crapload of BS

Comment

Originally posted by FCS Wes View Post

Trump is expected to backup his claims or is that no longer important?

Remember when I said that he would not be able to back his wiretapping claim up and people would dismiss and excuse it away and still support Trump?
        Yeah, today is that day. How sad it is that Spicer went before the media and attempted spin that crapload of BS
        You say lots of crap......

Trump shouldn't back it up. Congress should investigate...as they are doing the Russian / Trump collusion WITH NO EVIDCENCE OR PROOF.

The McCain establishment .....which includes both Dems and Repubs (cause there really is no difference)......are worthless.

Liberal media has been citing leaked intercepts for months....... Intercepts? What is an intercept Never Trumpers?
        Last edited by whatsthat; 03-13-2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Trump shouldn't back it up. Congress should investigate...as they are doing the Russian / Trump collusion WITH NO EVIDCENCE OR PROOF.

The McCain establishment .....which includes both Dems and Repubs (cause there really is no difference)......are worthless.

Liberal media has been citing leaked intercepts for months....... Intercepts? What is an intercept Never Trumpers?

So now trump doesn't need to backup his BS lies, I'm sorry alternative facts? He can just make false acquisitions and claims with no consequences. Strangely thats different from what you said a week ago....if Trump cant back this up...

I look forward to the facts coming out...on what justification and evidence was used.

We all know judge shopping....court shopping is nothing new......

So I look forward to the evidence. One thing we all know is this one won't go away. If Trump is wrong...it will hurt him politically. If Trump is right......Banana Republic is a proper characterization and bad for our country......not the left or right...but the entire country.

Do you ever try to have a discussion without feuding, with anyone/everyone?

Comment

So now trump doesn't need to backup his BS lies, I'm sorry alternative facts? He can just make false acquisitions and claims with no consequences. Strangely thats different from what you said a week ago....if Trump cant back this up...

Do you ever try to have a discussion without feuding, with anyone/everyone?
            His Lies? You were frequently quick to defend Obama .......but just as quick to blame Trump or accuse him of lying. Fringe left I guess.

Yes....Trump as POTUS can call for an investigation and cite what he believes should be investigated. But it appears some Never Trump-ers like you tend to side with the McCains and Lindsey Grahams of the establishment.

Your knee jerk conclusions show your disdain for the current POTUS.........all the while your continued defense of Obama shows your political leaning.

BTW....in case you missed it.....the DOJ has formally notified they will need more time to conduct their investigation into the surveillance allegations. McCain doesn't set timelines for the POTUS

Also....feuding cause I disagree with you? Whine much?

BTW....what in an intercept???????

Comment

His Lies? You were frequently quick to defend Obama .......but just as quick to blame Trump or accuse him of lying. Fringe left I guess.

Yes....Trump as POTUS can call for an investigation and cite what he believes should be investigated. But it appears some Never Trump-ers like you tend to side with the McCains and Lindsey Grahams of the establishment.

Your knee jerk conclusions show your disdain for the current POTUS.........all the while your continued defense of Obama shows your political leaning.

BTW....in case you missed it.....the DOJ has formally notified they will need more time to conduct their investigation into the surveillance allegations. McCain doesn't set timelines for the POTUS

Also....feuding cause I disagree with you? Whine much?

BTW....what in an intercept???????
              Point out one time I've defended Obama on something he was clearly wrong about or hell, at all. Bet you cant.

Knee jerk conclusions? Like Obama wiretapped me (Trump) and I want to see proof or I assume he's lying...again? I dont like Trump because he's a clown and a liar, does that mean I dont want him to succeed, NO. You like to call anyone who questions Trump a Never-Trumper, guess it makes you feel good or something; I'm a Never HRC'r, I just dislike Trump primarily because he's a donkey

Feuding, yes. When you say something like this:

It doesn't exactly come across as you want a discussion

Comment

My apologies for that comment....

But I vehemently disagree with your assumptions about the POTUS cause you don't like him

You were so quick to trounce on him you posted the same post on two threads ...not even knowing the DOJ made it clear they will move on their timetable

Try being a little more objective. Frankly I believe that obama wasn't the first POTUS to survey the opposition candidate and yes I think it very plausible obama had surveillance on him

I mean....for months we been hearing about these "intercepts". Are they playing flag football in the parking lot?

What is an intercept?

Comment

My apologies for that comment....

But I vehemently disagree with your assumptions about the POTUS cause you don't like him

You were so quick to trounce on him you posted the same post on two threads ...not even knowing the DOJ made it clear they will move on their timetable

Try being a little more objective. Frankly I believe that obama wasn't the first POTUS to survey the opposition candidate and yes I think it very plausible obama had surveillance on him

I mean....for months we been hearing about these "intercepts". Are they playing flag football in the parking lot?

What is an intercept?
                  He was quick to claim that a previous POTUS wiretapped him with ZERO evidence, when you are a POTUS and are going to make claims like that, you need to back them up or expect this kinda reaction.

DOJ ask for more time, fine. Explain Sean Spicers press conference claiming Trump didnt mean wire tapping.

As for not liking Trump, couldn't I say the same about you regarding Obama

ETA, despite what you make think, I'm more than willing to give trump a fair chance. Its Trump going to tweeter saying stupid things that creates these seeds of doubt and dislike. Run the country and leave this clown show crap to someone else. Every one of this "issues" has been Trump created.
                  Last edited by FCS Wes; 03-13-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

He was quick to claim that a previous POTUS wiretapped him with ZERO evidence, when you are a POTUS and are going to make claims like that, you need to back them up or expect this kinda reaction.

DOJ ask for more time, fine. Explain Sean Spicers press conference claiming Trump didnt mean wire tapping.

As for not liking Trump, couldn't I say the same about you regarding Obama
                    To your last comment.....yes. Consider a role reversal. Now YOU are the attacker and I am the defender

not back on topic

what is an intercept? Dems been making claims of such for months

And let me remind you of the NYT article Jan 19th titled..."wiretapped........."

Maybe the DOJ just needs more time for irrefutable evidence. But right now.....I think labeling him a liar as you are doing is blatantly unfair. Let the facts come out. And remember....the DOJ is on their time clock....not John McCains

Comment

To your last comment.....yes. Consider a role reversal. Now YOU are the attacker and I am the defender

not back on topic

what is an intercept? Dems been making claims of such for months

And let me remind you of the NYT article Jan 19th titled..."wiretapped........."

Maybe the DOJ just needs more time for irrefutable evidence. But right now.....I think labeling him a liar as you are doing is blatantly unfair. Let the facts come out. And remember....the DOJ is on their time clock....not John McCains
                      How am I attacking you by asking for an explanation of Sean Spicers "Trump didn't mean wiretap when he said wiretap"?
                      I'm curious as to how you interpret what he said.

Is calling him a liar anymore unfair than saying that Obama wiretapped him and providing no proof?

Comment

Is calling him a liar anymore unfair than saying that Obama wiretapped him and providing no proof?
                        Yes. You're being very unfair throwing drumpfs exact words back at him - and then rubbing whatsthats nose in the orange s#!*stained carpet.

Drumpfs the biggest liar in the world giving the US a horrible reputation. Party before country... They deserve each other.
                        Last edited by Daytimer; 03-13-2017, 08:58 PM.
                        The thing about Americans, we feel everyone should know about the good work we are doing anonymously.

Comment

Someone needs to control the presidents Twitter account. You only have so many chances to gain credibility with the public. With a press at the beck and call of the liberals, this is a problem he doesn't need.
                          There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Don't hold your breath!
                            “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
                            Ms. Parker

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post
                              Someone needs to control the presidents Twitter account. You only have so many chances to gain credibility with the public. With a press at the beck and call of the liberals, this is a problem he doesn't need.
                              That would be a huge start and possibly an end to a lot of his problems since a good portion of them have resulted directly from his tweets.

Comment

Working...
                              X