Media Fail! Trump pays $38 million in taxes 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Fail! Trump pays $38 million in taxes 2005

So MSNBC thought they had a big scoop with Trumps leaked 2005 tax return.

Then they see he paid $38 million in taxes in 2005

So much for their....and The NY Times assertion Trump pays no taxes.

“You know you are desperate for ratings when you are willing to violate the law to push a story about two pages of tax returns from over a decade ago,” the White House responded in a statement, adding that it is “totally illegal to steal and publish tax returns.”

Pretty dirty releasing someone Tax returns to the public. Now some are trying to claim Trump himself released it, I just find it amusing how much the left is still crying about releasing his taxes.

Comment

Maybe it was The Russians!

Comment

photoshop "experts" are expected to be all over this one... i mean, there's no way he paid any taxes... gotta be a fake
        "Obama doesn?t know how to be president. He doesn?t know how the world works. He?s incompetent. He?s an amateur!?
        - Bill Clinton

Comment

Just keeps getting better and better. Trump train is steaming and liberals are on the tracks

Comment

And the Never Trumpers McCain and Lindsey Graham are getting more and more desperate.........

Establishment Republicans

Comment

25% taxes is pretty good for a guy that should be in the 36% bracket. He's no hedge fund manager rate of 5%, but still pretty aggressive accounting.

Comment

Originally posted by Drivin'tooFast View Post
                25% taxes is pretty good for a guy that should be in the 36% bracket. He's no hedge fund manager rate of 5%, but still pretty aggressive accounting.
                By the nature of Trumps holdings he gets a lot of personal use from corporate assets, which should technically be included as imputed income, but I doubt anyone was scrutinizing every helicopter trip and hotel stay at Singapore. It takes a few years returns to get a more complete picture.

Comment

you're confusing marginal rate with effective rate. Do you want to compare his effective rate that year to other presidential candidates? Maybe we should look at Mitt Romney's effective rate (14%). Or Bernie Sanders (14%) . Or Obama (20%). Or how about we take a peak at Warren Buffett's effective rate (17%). Or maybe we should look at Comcast (24%).

Nothing aggressive about it.
                  Last edited by binz; 03-15-2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I suppose it doesn't really matter since Trump says its fake news. But the media did force him to release them on his own, even if it didnt do the damage they wanted.
                    Last edited by Chris1771; 03-15-2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

How about this one, she's so stupid that she hasn't deleted this tweet yet.

https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/841822471368105985

She tweeted that Trump only made 100 million which proves he wasn't a billionare in 2005.

What a freaking idiot
                      Last edited by Sumtingwong; 03-15-2017, 01:10 PM. Reason: She has made it unavailable to the publc now

Comment

Originally posted by Drivin'tooFast

By the nature of Trumps holdings he gets a lot of personal use from corporate assets, which should technically be included as imputed income, but I doubt anyone was scrutinizing every helicopter trip and hotel stay at Singapore. It takes a few years returns to get a more complete picture.
                        Not true, the IRS absolutely looks for personal travel expenses, especially for execs. In every audit I've worked on the IRS always asks for support for travel expenses, they always focus on execs and ask for documentation to prove business purpose.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think that sick people in Ankh-Morpork generally go to a vet. It's generally a better bet. There's more pressure on a vet to get it right. People say "it was god's will" when granny dies, but they get angry when they lose a cow. -Terry Pratchett

Comment

I am well aware of marginal versus effective tax rates. Yes, the IRS asks for business justification and a little accounting gopher finds the justification no matter how absurd.

I never put much stock in the whole taxes thing nor email thing anyway. It's just smoke screen politica that both parties use to diffuse real issues.

Comment

I am well aware of marginal versus effective tax rates.
                            so why comment about a "36% tax bracket" and compare that to a 25% rate? You don't expect a person or business to have any deductions? Why would a company or person pay one dollar more than the law requires?

Comment

Not saying anyone should pay more, but you cannot get a complete picture without a complete return and across multiple years. I cannot remember if 2005 was one of those wacky years where people were expecting a large tax increase the next year and deferred deductions to pay less taxes. My point is that it was a nit in the election and it remains a nit.

Comment

Working...
                              X