President Obama's Greatest Strength

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post
    FYI, I mowed, edged and weed whacked my lawn yesterday. All my kids have had jobs since they were 13 and they pay for their own phones.

I support enforcing laws against the people who own companies who hire illegals. That would stem the tide darn fast. Would the cost of things go up? Sure. But if a market exists that draws in illegals, I don't blame them for coming to work.
    I agree with that....but is there a reliable system in place to check residency status? It's not as if the administration of the last 8 years supported such.....they didn't even want criminal records considered for employment

Comment

Originally posted by FCS Wes

Where to start, well 1st, lets start with this, there's NO sales Tax collected for Labor in the State of TX., Texas doesn't tax labor.
      Per the Texas State Comptroller landscaping and mowing residential is taxable

Taxable Services
      • Planting, transplanting, relocating and removing indoor or outdoor plants
      • Identifying, preventing or curing plant diseases
      • Pruning, bracing, spraying, fertilizing and watering plants
      • Planting, mowing, trimming and edging grass or other ground cover
      • Planting and maintaining flower gardens
      • Trimming, spraying, and maintaining trees
      https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/...ons/94-112.php

Comment

Where to start, well 1st, lets start with this, there's NO sales Tax collected for Labor in the State of TX., Texas doesn't tax labor.

2nd, re-read my comment, "average American anywhere can't work for illegal aliens wages" cut your own yard and clean your own house. If you TRULY were looking to stem the tide of illegals crossing into the US then you eliminate the attraction on the other side of the fence.

You can but you choose not to. The Asians that lived across the street from me had 3 generations living in a 2700 sq foot house. 3 generations of both sides of the family and they were legal citizens.

You and people like you want to make it out that the illegals are the sole source of the problem, YOU, YOU are also the source of the problem when you create an environment that brings them here by providing these types of jobs, by producing lazy a** kids that cant even start a lawn mower.

Its funny how you and people like you B & moan about illegals/immigrants coming here and taking our jobs when you wont do the work and you wont make your kids do any work whether it be at home or at school. Zero emphasis on education, you're giving Johnny too much homework meanwhile Texas scores a 58 in math, Zero emphasis put on hard work, come on Johnny, the iPhone 10 is out, lets go camp out in line for 2 days.
        I have no kids, I am too young. My wife wants them but I am waiting. As far as school I pay just a tad over $9K per year in property tax and the lionshare is to school district, I wouldn't mind putting a dozen or so kids in school.

I have never had any one ever mow my yard other than me, and I have never hired a house cleaner in Frisco, that is my wife job to clean the house. I did have a house cleaner before I moved here for a few years, but she was a family friend and white and legal. I just don't trust anyone I don't know in my house, so I never see me hiring a cleaning service.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthat View Post

And you Libs are not for income equality? Gosh....make up your minds

Legalize them and pay them their worth...or do you also believe in slave labor ?
          I didn't see this comment so I am not avoiding answering this as I have been accused.

1st, I'm not a liberal.
          2nd I don't support income equality. That would be communism.

It's funny you say to legalize illegal workers yet you want to throw them out and build a wall. That's what hypocrisy looks like.

Someone said illegal immigrants provide no benefit for the US. My response was that they have kept your food prices down for decades. THAT IS A FACT. The GOP does not want them to be legal because then farmers, slaughterhouses and construction companies would have to pay minimum wage and maybe healthcare. Nor DID the GOP want to throw them out because that could leave grocery store shelves empty. Then came the big moron... Mr. Trump, who is spreading fear and misinformation about a subject he knows nothing about.

I grew up with a illegal immigrant maid in my home. So did my mother and so did her parents. My grandfather hired them to work in his Paving business, because they were not drunks like American's and worked harder than US workers. Many people I know, who are Commercial Painters, HVAC companies, and Construction companies have used illegal labor, not so much for the lower wages as some make $10-$15 an hour, rather they are hired because they want to work and they come to work everyday...sober.

Illegal immigration has been in decline for 4 years. What the right wing media is telling you is false.

Comment

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post

I didn't see this comment so I am not avoiding answering this as I have been accused.

1st, I'm not a liberal.
            2nd I don't support income equality. That would be communism.

It's funny you say to legalize illegal workers yet you want to throw them out and build a wall. That's what hypocrisy looks like.

Someone said illegal immigrants provide no benefit for the US. My response was that they have kept your food prices down for decades. THAT IS A FACT. The GOP does not want them to be legal because then farmers, slaughterhouses and construction companies would have to pay minimum wage and maybe healthcare. Nor DID the GOP want to throw them out because that could leave grocery store shelves empty. Then came the big moron... Mr. Trump, who is spreading fear and misinformation about a subject he knows nothing about.

I grew up with a illegal immigrant maid in my home. So did my mother and so did her parents. My grandfather hired them to work in his Paving business, because they were not drunks like American's and worked harder than US workers. Many people I know, who are Commercial Painters, HVAC companies, and Construction companies have used illegal labor, not so much for the lower wages as some make $10-$15 an hour, rather they are hired because they want to work and they come to work everyday...sober.

Illegal immigration has been in decline for 4 years. What the right wing media is telling you is false.
            We stopped reading at your first lie, which came quickly. Anything after that is to be doubted.
            There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post

We stopped reading at your first lie, which came quickly. Anything after that is to be doubted.
              Beat me to it.

Comment

You stated Sales Tax on the labor, this is use tax and
                depending upon how they're business is formed with the Comptroller it still may not be applicable. Secondly, look up the state definition for use tax, third and most importantly, How do you know they are or not paying sales tax? You don't, you're just making wild accusations
                Because they are not charging sales tax to the customer on the invoice like a legit lawn company has to do. So you think they are paying out of pocket when they are not collecting?

Comment

So you represent everyone in the US? Then why are the illegals here?
                  Someone is giving them a job that someone else isn't willing to do.
                  Because this is the land of milk and honey, Of course they are finding jobs here, and they are also finding free school for their illegal kids, and free medical for them and their families. Most places I know of you walk into hospital and you don't have money then you are screwed.

Americans will do the jobs that illegals are doing here, but they won't do it at the cheap price they are willing to work for. They just can't afford to do it, now if they didn't have to pay income taxes and medical insurance and have driver licenses , etc then maybe American workers could work that cheap, but as of now illegals have a built in advantage with a much lower operating cost vs and legal US citizen.

You come to the USA legally and get a greencard and spend a few years here working and don't file taxes, guess what happens? You will have your greencard terminated and you are done. Illegal comes here and doesn't pay taxes guess what happens? Nothing.

We have a herd of illegals that hang off Main street at Exxon, they drive in from Carrollton, Richardson Plano to work in Frisco. They are pretty lazy and spoiled up here, They want $17 per hour, now you can still go to the job shack in Plano off Ave K and Parker and get them for $10 to $12 per hour.

Comment

I've avoided this thread because just talking about Obama gets my stomach feeling ill at times. But I would say his biggest strength, if not for dividing everyone based on race, would be his ability to utilize Taqiyya.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...n/taqiyya.aspx

Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be "compelled" to deceive others for a greater purpose:
                    Quran (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Quran (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves" against danger, meaning that there are times when a Muslim should appear friendly to non-Muslims, even though they should not feel that way..

Quran (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway. (The next verse refers only to those who have a personal agreement with Muhammad as individuals - see Ibn Kathir (vol 4, p 49)

Quran (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who had to "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Quran (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts"

Quran (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)
                    Hadith and Sira

Sahih Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar." Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Sahih Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permitted in order to deceive an "enemy."

Though not called taqiyya by name, Muhammad clearly used deception when he signed a 10-year treaty with the Meccans that allowed him access to their city while he secretly prepared his own forces for a takeover. The unsuspecting residents were conquered in easy fashion after he broke the treaty two years later. Some of the people in the city who had trusted him at his word were executed.
                    AsianLivesMatter + #LatinoLivesMatter + #WhiteLivesMatter + #IndianLivesMatter + #BlackLivesMatter = #AllLivesMatter

Comment

Working...
                    X