Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump cuts deal with Schumer and Pelosi....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump cuts deal with Schumer and Pelosi....

Color me shocked.......

ETA: Actually the title is misleading because he didn't really cut a deal with them as much as just flat out take their position completely. So what do the local Trump fan boys think of this? There were two plan on the table for a debt-ceiling extension and h didn't even negotiate,,,he just accepted the DEMs position....Could this be Trump showing his true blue democratic colors that we always knew he had? Guess we are about to see. Can't wait to here the spin from team MAGMA....lol
    Last edited by TPW; 09-06-2017, 07:04 PM.
    The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally, not a 20 percent traitor. - Ronald Reagan

LOL
    The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally, not a 20 percent traitor. - Ronald Reagan

Comment

My guess....they'll say "this is a strong message to the Establishment that if they can't get things done then he is willing to deal with Dems to keep his campaign promises..." Baaaaah Baaaaaaah

Some BS spin along those lines.

Comment

I always knew Trump was basically a Democrat running as a Republican. I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. That's one reason I voted for him. Trump has also supported single payer quite a bit. It will be interesting to see what happens if Bernie introduces a single payer bill (I know better than to get my hopes up, Democrat politicians don't actually want single payer).

ETA that it was also satisfying to see the Republicans get punched in the nose after the fiasco that was repealing and replacing Obamacare. Any time a career politician of either party gets screwed over like they screw over the American public every single day, it is satisfying to watch.
        Last edited by rayearth; 09-06-2017, 09:45 PM.
        I think that sick people in Ankh-Morpork generally go to a vet. It's generally a better bet. There's more pressure on a vet to get it right. People say "it was god's will" when granny dies, but they get angry when they lose a cow. -Terry Pratchett

Comment

maybe when John Mccain voted against his own party on healthcare, Trumps loyalty changed......John McCain single handedly ruined the repeal of Obamacare....because he hates Trump, doesn't care that he was elected by the American people. I hope this President does whatever he needs to , to keep his campaign promises

Comment

He saved the country a lot of time and angst by giving into the dems now instead of waiting till the very last moment and giving into them like Ryan and McConnell were going to.
            Just another smartass for lower taxes!!

Comment

IF Trump was a true democrat then he would of not ended DACA, he would be trying to get firearm banned, he would not of done the muslim ban.

Personally it doesn't bother me what he did.

I think one thing Trump has shown the American people and brought it to full attention that Washington and politics in general is a pretty deep cesspool of lies and empty promises. Career politicians are more of a hindrance then help in general. And you can really get rich being in politics.

Comment

I think Trump wants to go golfing.

Comment

I don't think this is a bad thing. People have gotten an "all or nothing" attitude drawn along party lines, and it's killing this country. Some cooperation across party lines...especially for such a non-controversial bill...might not be a bad thing.

This episode is not earth-shattering. It is nothing more than an embarrassment to the GOP, which lately they have been doing a fine job of embarrassing themselves even without the president's help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at Country Club..wrong again looking for the Trump support he obsesses about here on FOL. The fact is Trump's politics, such as they are, are very close to Country Club's... don't get your panties in a wad CC..I don't think you are like him on a personal level but the way you see the world..yeah.

and this is true.
                    He saved the country a lot of time and angst by giving into the dems now instead of waiting till the very last moment and giving into them like Ryan and McConnell were going to.
                    Did the establishment repubs really think they could get away with doing jack S for the entire year? A year of nothing? Weak, weak, weak lack of leadership. Those turds are so worried about distancing themselves from the Pres and their own navels that they have accomplished zero. Don't bet me wrong. In most years I am perfectly happy with Congress not doing a dang thing but once in a while it would be nice if they did something constructive for the country.
                    “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
                    Ms. Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                      I don't think this is a bad thing. People have gotten an "all or nothing" attitude drawn along party lines, and it's killing this country. Some cooperation across party lines...especially for such a non-controversial bill...might not be a bad thing.

This episode is not earth-shattering. It is nothing more than an embarrassment to the GOP, which lately they have been doing a fine job of embarrassing themselves even without the president's help.

I agree that compromise isn't a bad thing. With that said the Trump voter most certainly does think compromise with the dems is a bad thing and this wan't compromise as much as 100% taking their position on the issue. Accepting democrat proposals isn't what the Trump voter voted for so I'm interested to see how they react. I was constantly chided by Rim (aka trailer park) and WT for asking fro compromise and now that their hero has gone one step further when they back him on the move I'll just laugh...

Comment

Originally posted by Rimrock View Post
                        Look at Country Club..wrong again looking for the Trump support he obsesses about here on FOL. The fact is Trump's politics, such as they are, are very close to Country Club's... don't get your panties in a wad CC..I don't think you are like him on a personal level but the way you see the world..yeah.

and this is true.

Did the establishment repubs really think they could get away with doing jack S for the entire year? A year of nothing? Weak, weak, weak lack of leadership. Those turds are so worried about distancing themselves from the Pres and their own navels that they have accomplished zero. Don't bet me wrong. In most years I am perfectly happy with Congress not doing a dang thing but once in a while it would be nice if they did something constructive for the country.
                        So you are ok with action by congress even if it means just rolling over and accepting the dems proposals....good to know you have flipped your position 180 degrees overnight....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post

I think Trump just kicked Paul Ryan in the family jewel basket.
                          This was Ryan's speech just before Trump sided with Pelosi and Schumer.

Comment

Trump never saw a loan he doesn't have to pay back he did not like.

Comment

Trump voters understand all he ran on was how congressional republican's cave too much and he would never allow that to happen, right? So instead of caving he just took their side completely. Trumpkins reaction: IT"S A MASTERSTROKE!!!!

I can't wait for the moment Trump proposes a single payer health care system and the Trump surrogates gets on here and tells us how great it will be and that he did what he said and got rid of Obamacare....lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X