Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the Hurricanes saved the Trump administration??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post

The cool thing about science is that people can disagree but in the end its the proof that the consensus agrees to which is current fact. The science of greenhouse gasses is more than 100 years old. The conversation about what to do about MMGW goes back to at least the late 1970's, it didn't start with Al Gore.

Given those facts one would think if MMGW was not valid that the scientific community would have come to that conclusion long before Al Gore's video.

The fact is MMGW has grown into other sciences such as fisheries sciences, forest biological sciences, entomology and even into military sciences and national security. There are already positive effects of reducing fluorocarbons in our society, they do know what they are talking about.

A handful scientists who are paid by fossil fuel companies to add doubt to the MMGW conversation is not part of the scientific consensus. Although it gets a lot of press.

My point which you somehow missed, is once you realize that the atmosphere is a very thin layer on the surface of the earth, MMGW becomes more feasible. If you see our skies as unlimited air space then sure MMGW seems a bit silly. It depends on your point of reference.

As a computer engineer, I worked around research scientist at UTD's Natural Science and Engineering Research Laboratory, (locally called the Mermaid building) and the Robotics research labs, where I gained a respect for the scientific process. So, non-scientists, and commercially employed scientists can write all they want to say about MMGW as a hoax.

Until the scientific consensus changes in the scientific community, MMGW remains a fact.
    No, your 1st sentence kills anything else you say. Science is fact based upon evidence, not opinion so there's no room for disagreement unless you have quantitative facts to back up your position.

Here's fact, we do not know thatan is causing the planet to heat up. We can agree that it's getting warmer because facts show that. We can't prove why but the FACT that it has happened repeatedly (again, pesky facts) I'd more quickly believe it's a naturally occurring phenomenon

Comment

Originally posted by FCS Wes View Post

No, your 1st sentence kills anything else you say. Science is fact based upon evidence, not opinion so there's no room for disagreement unless you have quantitative facts to back up your position.

Here's fact, we do not know thatan is causing the planet to heat up. We can agree that it's getting warmer because facts show that. We can't prove why but the FACT that it has happened repeatedly (again, pesky facts) I'd more quickly believe it's a naturally occurring phenomenon
      Let me say this one more time as it actually agrees with what you say in your first two sentences.

Science can prove why the earth is heating based on data and they have been doing it for over 30 years. This is not a new subject for scientists, for 30 years they have been saying we have MMGW and that is still the scientific consensus in a GROWING number of scientific fields like forestry science.

Given those facts one would think if MMGW was not valid, that there was no proof, the scientific community would have come to the conclusion that MMGW is not a fact... long before Al Gore's video.

MMGW is a scientific fact based on real data and scientific research... that IS the reality that is globally supported.
      https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Until the scientific consensus changes in the scientific community, MMGW remains a fact based on scientific data in the global scientific community and they will continue to act accordingly, regardless how many non-scientists, and political figures disagree.

Comment

Let me say this one more time as it actually agrees with what you say in your first two sentences.

Science can prove why the earth is heating based on data and they have been doing it for over 30 years. This is not a new subject for scientists, for 30 years they have been saying we have MMGW and that is still the scientific consensus in a GROWING number of scientific fields like forestry science.

Given those facts one would think if MMGW was not valid, that there was no proof, the scientific community would have come to the conclusion that MMGW is not a fact... long before Al Gore's video.

MMGW is a scientific fact based on real data and scientific research... that IS the reality that is globally supported.
        https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Until the scientific consensus changes in the scientific community, MMGW remains a fact based on scientific data in the global scientific community and they will continue to act accordingly, regardless how many non-scientists, and political figures disagree.
        No, there has been no irrefutable evidence that warming has been created by man. You have politically-motivated scientist screaming man-made global warming but you take the politics out of it and there's no facts behind that

Comment

There's no proof that humans are even causing this much less any measures being effective
          This reminds of the old headstone joke - "I told you I was sick."

Comment

No, there has been no irrefutable evidence that warming has been created by man. You have politically-motivated scientist screaming man-made global warming but you take the politics out of it and there's no facts behind that
            Politically-motivated scientists? So you are saying that for over 30 years and in nearly 200 worldwide scientific organizations that hold the position that climate change has been caused by human actions that they are ALL throwing out the real data for politics?

In a world where scientific discovery earns you a place in history, and a million dollars, these scientist are more interested in politics?

That's a bit naive don't you think? That's some Glenn Beck stuff right there.

Comment

This destroys fools like the paid Troll
              but the reason is what I challenge. The Earth has always had hot and cold Cycles, how do we know this is just not another hot cycle or warming cycle?. I do not believe in MMGW so while your chart maybe accurate, there's no proof it's for the reasons you suggest.
              Thanks for playing paid VA Beach based Troll.
              “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
              Ms. Parker

Comment

Politically-motivated scientists? So you are saying that for over 30 years and in nearly 200 worldwide scientific organizations that hold the position that climate change has been caused by human actions that they are ALL throwing out the real data for politics?

In a world where scientific discovery earns you a place in history, and a million dollars, these scientist are more interested in politics?

That's a bit naive don't you think? That's some Glenn Beck stuff right there.
                When they vacillate on the reasons based upon who's funding their research, yes.

What definitive proof has been generated that undeniably proves that global warming is man-made? How was this determined?
                How was it differentiated from natural earth cycle? Why has the Earth previously been hotter than it currently is with no human interaction?

Comment

When they vacillate on the reasons based upon who's funding their research, yes.

What definitive proof has been generated that undeniably proves that global warming is man-made? How was this determined?
                  How was it differentiated from natural earth cycle? Why has the Earth previously been hotter than it currently is with no human interaction?
                  I'm not going to debate the proof all over again because the internet is flooded with fake charts, graphs and people with PhD's in basket weaving who are now climate experts. The job of these so called experts is to spread doubt because the US Currency as the global reserve currency is attached to Saudi oil, if we lose that we are screwed big time. Inflation will eat our lunch. AND Fossil fuels are still big business. It took 30 years to get lead out of gasoline using the same tactics.

Unless you are going to get a degree in climate science then its time to think like a scientist.
                  1) Everyone knows that correlation is not causation.
                  2) Everyone knows that the earth's climate has fluctuated for a variety of reasons for as far back as science has recorded or can determine temperature.

Therefore with the overwhelming support by the science community for MMGW, then you must assume that the scientific consensus has eliminated, simple correlation and other natural causes for regular climate changes and that man made effects on climate are discernible.

Again there are nearly 200 of the top scientific organizations in the world who support MMGW and over the last 30 years climate science has expanded into other sciences, including those in the food industries, the military and this is the big one, National Security.

Comment

Still waiting on you to show me true, demonstrative, factual reports that document how much the earths temperature will drop due to changes in use of combustible engines MF.
                    There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

You sir are genius. Science is not achieved by consensus but the left loves to think it is.
                      There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post

You sir are genius. Science is not achieved by consensus but the left loves to think it is.
                          Good boy

Comment

Good stuff but actors and singers are just playing the angle that they think will protect their livelihoods. I suppose 10% of them actually are what most of us would call smart or have the ability to think critically. The rest use their God giving talents to make their livings. So yeah, they probably are idiots but they are just going with the flow. Like turds... or fakers that think the National Anthem is racist.
                            “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
                            Ms. Parker

Comment

LOL at the Trump hate still....

AsianLivesMatter + #LatinoLivesMatter + #WhiteLivesMatter + #IndianLivesMatter + #BlackLivesMatter = #AllLivesMatter

Comment

Working...
                              X