Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radicals moving onto Thomas Jefferson

http://www.richmond.com/news/virgini...1f1c59952.html

These people are insane and have no concept of reality. They also clearly do not understand the US Constitution. You cannot ban groups from a public places (UVA) because you dislike opinions. I find the KKK repulsive but they have same right to protest and speak as these crazy people.

The "demands" from a student group are just inane. What elementary school kid doesn't know that TJ had slaves? The man was no saint but no one can deny his huge impact on our founding documents. Was at UVA and Monticello earlier this year. The facts about TJ and his history with slavery and relationships with slaves was not hidden. It was there to read if you took 5 seconds. Maybe problem with this group is they simply cannot read.
    Last edited by TexasLonghorn94; 09-13-2017, 08:00 AM.

8 years under a Obama will do this. After 8 years with Reagan there was a lot of US patriotism.

8 years of Obama spreading liberal BS, hating the police, inviting BLM to the Whitehouse, Trying to give 8 to 10 million illegal aliens amnesty in the USA thru Executive Action, caring more about illegal aliens and refugees than US citizens will do this

It's a cancer only a change in thought and time will cure.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLonghorn94 View Post

These people are insane and have no concept of reality. They also clearly do not understand the US Constitution. You cannot ban groups from a public places (UVA) because you dislike opinions. I find the KKK repulsive but they have same right to protest and speak as these crazy people.

The "demands" from a student group are just inane. What elementary school kid doesn't know that TJ had slaves? The man was no saint but no one can deny his huge impact on our founding documents. Was at UVA and Monticello earlier this year. The facts about TJ and his history with slavery and relationships with slaves was not hidden. It was there to read if you took 5 seconds. Maybe problem with this group is they simply cannot read.
      It's the generation of kids being raised today coupled with a failure of our education system and the coddling of these youth.
      The the "my opinion is the only opinion that matters crowd and if yours difference from mine then we're enemies". Colleges need to clamp down on this stupidity and get their campuses back under control to where people are there to learn; not relive the protests and rallies of the 60's all over again without understanding a single thing that they're protesting about or how hypocritical they are and their protests.

Comment

I have read many writings by Thomas Jefferson, he is one of my favorite people in all of history. He felt that freeing slaves in white America might not work out well for the slaves as they would have trouble assimilating into white culture, sound familiar? I would imagine growing up with slaves that most people in those days would think the same thing.

I'm guessing a lot of the kids protesting Jefferson's statue, had they been born in 1750's as the children of slaves owners, would have a much different point of view.

Jefferson was one of our nation's greatest figures and not a day goes by where we do not quote him. His writings influenced the world and gave room for those students to protest on his statue. I wonder if they realize that.

These kids are about to be replaced by artificial intelligence and robots in the workplace. Maybe their time would be better spent developing the skills to feed themselves in a rapidly changing world. Who Thomas Jefferson slept with doesn't matter much when you're hungry.

Comment

They clearly have too much time on their hands and need more work to do. I worked 2 jobs and took out as little as possible in school loans. Personal finance should be a required class and college admin need to stop lying to students. Their classes must also be too easy if they have time to protest instead of studying. This is making colleges look bad. The students will be the ones to suffer when they have $150K in loans to pay back and are working at McDonalds because there are few jobs for people who majored in race relations and gender studies. But they can feel good about having a statue of Thomas Jefferson torn down I guess?
          I think that sick people in Ankh-Morpork generally go to a vet. It's generally a better bet. There's more pressure on a vet to get it right. People say "it was god's will" when granny dies, but they get angry when they lose a cow. -Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLonghorn94 View Post

That's where you are wrong right away. (Besides being a Longhorn..... )

When are you going to understand that liberals have no use for the constitution? They don't see the genius of the freedoms built into it. They prefer it be a living, breathing document that can be bent to whatever they FEEL is important at the time. Right now the left and the willing press are pushing Nazi's as the enemy of the month. So Nazi's can't assemble.

Next month it will be groups who don't succumb to MMGW fears. They will be kicked off campus. After that, those who don't consider Bruce Jenner a hero. They will continue to find strawmen because they have absolutely no new ideas.
            Last edited by ThisCharmingMan; 09-13-2017, 04:15 PM.
            There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by rayearth View Post
              They clearly have too much time on their hands and need more work to do. I worked 2 jobs and took out as little as possible in school loans. Personal finance should be a required class and college admin need to stop lying to students. Their classes must also be too easy if they have time to protest instead of studying. This is making colleges look bad. The students will be the ones to suffer when they have $150K in loans to pay back and are working at McDonalds because there are few jobs for people who majored in race relations and gender studies. But they can feel good about having a statue of Thomas Jefferson torn down I guess?
              Amen to that.

Comment

Working...
              X