Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is time to have a conversation about sensible gun control.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is time to have a conversation about sensible gun control.....

In no way would I advocate for repeal of the 2nd amendment or infringe on the right of any American to own a firearm and the right to protect them and their family. With that said there has to be some common ground on sensible actions that can be taken to at least lessen the chance for events like this to happen or at the very least lessen their severity.

First thing to be done would be to outlaw the "bump-stock" which was used in this case to effectively turn a semi-automatic weapon into a fully automatic one. I would hope we would all agree there is no real need for this in terms of self-defense or sport.

Would be great if we could keep this thread civil and respectful and try to listen to each others side without the usual flame throwing.
    The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally, not a 20 percent traitor. - Ronald Reagan

I agree. I wasn't aware that there were legal loopholes to turn a semi-auto into full-auto. These modifications should obviously be just as illegal as any other full auto modification IMHO.
    I think that sick people in Ankh-Morpork generally go to a vet. It's generally a better bet. There's more pressure on a vet to get it right. People say "it was god's will" when granny dies, but they get angry when they lose a cow. -Terry Pratchett

Comment

You can make a gun out of material you buy at Home Depot. You will have people who will figure out way to modify any type of guns.

Comment

Originally posted by TPW View Post

First thing to be done would be to outlaw the "bump-stock" which was used in this case to effectively turn a semi-automatic weapon into a fully automatic one. I would hope we would all agree there is no real need for this in terms of self-defense or sport.
        That's more than reasonable. If the NRA fights against this it is wrong. They should get out in front of the issue and support this move.
        There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

You can be like Mexico where the cartels and criminals have guns and they have lots of gun violence due to the general population not having guns

Comment

We had a hurricane in Houston and got a gas shortage in Frisco, people got antsy. Look at the riots in LA a few year ago where business were looted and people turned into animals.

I keep F&N PS90 with a 50 clip and extra clips in case we have a natural or man made disaster and people start getting ignorant. Guns are part of our society, there are too many gun holders in the USA to remove them, if you did you would have a war on your hand.

You are going to have bad people commit crimes like this, whether by gun, car, bomb or planes.

Comment

First.. time for a gun control conversation? Been having this conversation for decades

The NRA does not support or advocate full automatic weapons or bump stocks

My understanding is the modification used by the shooter was illegal .

Where does one buy a bump stock?

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthat View Post
                First.. time for a gun control conversation? Been having this conversation for decades

I don't think they are since technically they don't modify the weapon to become automatic (mechanically). It somehow pushes the finger against the trigger rapidly, resulting in what appears to be automatic fire.

Comment

They can be bought at any sporting goods store that carries guns, apparently. Here is a link to Cabela's. Currently sold out.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Slide...ck/1403492.uts

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1771 View Post

They can be bought at any sporting goods store that carries guns, apparently. Here is a link to Cabela's. Currently sold out.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Slide...ck/1403492.uts
                      Should not be legal

my understandingly is the bump stock allows the recoil to me the mechanism to repeatedly fire

Comment

Should not be legal

my understandingly is the bump stock allows the recoil to me the mechanism to repeatedly fire
                        I think you also have to learn how to use it and you finger actually pulls the trigger each time.

Comment

Should not be legal

That said....can anybody buy one....or is a federal class 3 required?

Fid the shooter buy a bump stock legally?

Comment

From my understanding it can be purchased online or at a gun store.

FC3 is for automatic weapon or if you convert it to automatic.

Comment

It is my understanding from what I have read that both the bump stock and the crank that turns a semi-auto into a gatling gun are both legal due to loopholes in the law. They shouldn't be legal if it is possible to plug that loophole without banning all semi-auto guns. However, I do not believe that any laws would not have stopped this guy. He had a lot of money and a pilot's license.
                              I think that sick people in Ankh-Morpork generally go to a vet. It's generally a better bet. There's more pressure on a vet to get it right. People say "it was god's will" when granny dies, but they get angry when they lose a cow. -Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X