Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Countries have set dates to end the use of gasoline or diesel cars.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Countries have set dates to end the use of gasoline or diesel cars.

I remember when people I worked with 10 years ago said I was crazy when I showed them the Tesla Roadster, "We will never use electric cars," they said.
    Now Tesla is leading the way to a global revolution.

China just announced that it is working on a date to end the use of gasoline power cars. They are working on big changes to the largest car market in the world as 10 countries have set hard dates for the ban of gas or diesel cars.

Norway must be zero emission by 2025
    India has set a date for all electric cars by 2030
    France only says to end gas and diesel cars by 2040
    UK's ban starts in 2040
    Austria, China, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Japan, the Netherlands, Portugal, Korea and Spain have set official targets for electric car sales.
    These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars
    China has not set a date buy has made an announcement.
    China plans to ban sales of fossil fuel cars entirely

US has no such position as Trump excludes the US from the conversation, although a few states have begun to work on gasoline bans.

Good for China, the single greatest polluter on the planet and probably greater than the rest of the world combined, excluding India.

We don't need to ban gasoline, anyone for this is a short sighted idiot.

All you for electric cars and a ban on gas, are you also goito be ok with a Nuclear Power station near you because that's what you'll have. And people whined about exide
    Last edited by FCS Wes; 10-04-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

The great thing about such distant lofty goals........most of us wont live long enough to see if such is actually realized. 2040?

Here is my version of doing such.......... If I become a $billionaire by 2040..........I will give all you FOL Politics regulars a $1million

Comment

Which of the following statements is least true?

When there is not enough cobalt to produce the batteries and prices soar, it will be the liberal politicians who will have crushed the poor peoples ability to get to better employment.

This will have absolutely ZERO effect on the earth's temperature.

California's rule to have 1.5 million electric cars and 15% of all vehicles be ZEV by 2025 will actually happen!!

There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

How much coal does Tesla use to power up those batteries?
          Where do said batteries go when they are expired?
          What is the population density of China and India versus the US and Europe?

Why does the OP hate poor people across the globe?
          "Some people can read War & Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe". -Lex Luthor

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthat View Post
            The great thing about such distant lofty goals........most of us wont live long enough to see if such is actually realized. 2040?

Here is my version of doing such.......... If I become a $billionaire by 2040..........I will give all you FOL Politics regulars a $1million
            You know this constitutes a contract right? I will be looking for you in 23 years, better have my money! Lol

Comment

Wonder which is a worse health hazzard, gasoline engines or Lithium batteries piling up in landfills leaching toxins into the water table or nuclear plants used up fuel rods that have a 10,000 year half life.

Quick, let's trade on hazzard for an even bigger hazzard that we have even less long-term knowledge of.... genius

Comment

Originally posted by rawhide View Post
                How much coal does Tesla use to power up those batteries?
                Where do said batteries go when they are expired?
                What is the population density of China and India versus the US and Europe?

Why does the OP hate poor people across the globe?
                The answer to your first question depends on which state or country the car is in. Only 30% of US power is from coal and many of Tesla's charging stations use solar power. All of Denmark is wind power.

Lithium batteries are recyclable. Tesla's Closed Loop Battery Recycling Program
                Also there are upgrades to Lithium Batteries in the works. The Swiss have developed a sodium battery, there are thin film batteries and super capacitors in the works as well. Of course now that everyone needs a battery there are lots of funding groups for battery research.

A battery powered car can be simple, cheap and last much longer than a gasoline car with much fewer parts... perfect for poor people.

You have to remember that Tesla started from the top, beginning with the most expensive car first to fund the company and they are working down to less expensive cars as economies of scale kick in and its working.

I'm not sure why you would be opposed to it?
                Last edited by MacFrisco; 10-04-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Do Tesla owners only charge their cars at Tesla power stations?

I'm sure Lithium ion batteries are recyclable, so are lead acid batteries and look at that contamination.

What battery powered car is cheaper than its gasoline counterpart now? What battery powered car goes farther on a charge than a gasoline-powered car?

Comment

Originally posted by FCS Wes View Post
                    Do Tesla owners only charge their cars at Tesla power stations?

I'm sure Lithium ion batteries are recyclable, so are lead acid batteries and look at that contamination.
                    As I posted Tesla has a plan for recycling the batteries because they can use the materials.

However, we may not be using Lithium for long as there are several alternatives in the works.

For example a Graphene Super capacitor. It has the same weight to power ratio as Lithium but charge in a few seconds. The main issue at this point is how to mass produce the battery.

Fast-charging everlasting battery power from graphene

Like I said, now that auto manufactures all over the planet will need a super battery, everyone is working on one.

And there are power stations all over the nation.
                    https://www.tesla.com/destination-charging

Comment

Sorry Mac but Tesla is a giant Ponzi scheme. The SEC is all over it. I won't bore you with links to click on. Do your research. Search Tesla Ponzi Scheme. The 🌎 will run on fossil fuels till kingdom come. Oil will be back at $100/barrell by 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post

As I posted Tesla has a plan for recycling the batteries because they can use the materials.

However, we may not be using Lithium for long as there are several alternatives in the works.

For example a Graphene Super capacitor. It has the same weight to power ratio as Lithium but charge in a few seconds. The main issue at this point is how to mass produce the battery.

Fast-charging everlasting battery power from graphene

Like I said, now that auto manufactures all over the planet will need a super battery, everyone is working on one.

And there are power stations all over the nation.
                        https://www.tesla.com/destination-charging
                        So did all battery manufacturers.

Comment

The answer to your first question depends on which state or country the car is in. Only 30% of US power is from coal and many of Tesla's charging stations use solar power. All of Denmark is wind power.

Lithium batteries are recyclable. Tesla's Closed Loop Battery Recycling Program
                          Also there are upgrades to Lithium Batteries in the works. The Swiss have developed a sodium battery, there are thin film batteries and super capacitors in the works as well. Of course now that everyone needs a battery there are lots of funding groups for battery research.

A battery powered car can be simple, cheap and last much longer than a gasoline car with much fewer parts... perfect for poor people.

You have to remember that Tesla started from the top, beginning with the most expensive car first to fund the company and they are working down to less expensive cars as economies of scale kick in and its working.

I'm not sure why you would be opposed to it?
                          You did not answer any of my questions. But you did add unsupported blow harding.

From your link: At Tesla we have been refining our recycling program for years. Before sending our battery packs to be recycled we can reuse about 10% of the battery pack (by weight), e.g. the battery case and some electronic components. In North America we work with Kinsbursky Brothers to recycle about 60 percent of the battery pack. In Europe, we recently started working with Umicore, and now that we are selling cars in Japan and the Asia Pacific region, we will soon have news about recycling in Asia.

Gee, how comforting to know that "about 60 %" (that Tesla claims, lol) is recylced. So the other over 40% gets to rot away in a land fill, more than likely in a land fill in a poor country. Why do you hate the poor?

Last I checked Tesla's are starting at $62,000 and up. Why do you hate the poor?
                          "Some people can read War & Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe". -Lex Luthor

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon Jack View Post
                            Sorry Mac but Tesla is a giant Ponzi scheme. The SEC is all over it. I won't bore you with links to click on. Do your research. Search Tesla Ponzi Scheme. The 🌎 will run on fossil fuels till kingdom come. Oil will be back at $100/barrell by 2023.
                            I don't put much stock in what analysts say (no pun intended), but you don't know what you are talking about.

CNBC: There's a new biggest Tesla bull on Wall Street: Analyst predicts 40% surge to $500 in just 12 months

Comment

I don't put much stock in what analysts say (no pun intended), but you don't know what you are talking about.

CNBC: There's a new biggest Tesla bull on Wall Street: Analyst predicts 40% surge to $500 in just 12 months

Bernie Madoffs Ponzi scheme lasted 40 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X