Jerry Jones: Cowboys players will 'respect the flag' or they won't play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Jones: Cowboys players will 'respect the flag' or they won't play

I am not the biggest fan of Jerry, but I will say he has the balls to tell his players to respect the flag or not play. I am impressed

"After the Cowboys' heartbreaking loss ot the Packers Sunday night, team owner Jerry Jones created an unexpected storyline, warning his players to "respect the flag" or they won't play"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...cid=spartanntp

I don't know if its balz...........or his bottom line.

He was kneeling a few weeks ago......a message I never understood.

The NFL is taking a huge hit.....and no doubt its most valuable franchise is feeling such. That said....even if the messages are mixed...I support this recent stand

Comment

VP Mike Pence left the game yesterday. Trump praised him for it. It's time to nail the (((owners and media))) to the cross and bring the players to heel.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon Jack View Post
        VP Mike Pence left the game yesterday. Trump praised him for it. It's time to nail the (((owners and media))) to the cross and bring the players to heel.
        I have no doubts Cowboys fan would walk if the Cowboys started the kneeling or sitting or not going on the field for the Anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthat View Post

The NFL is taking a huge hit.....and no doubt its most valuable franchise is feeling such. That said....even if the messages are mixed...I support this recent stand
          I am sure it is all about the bottom line, no doubt in my mind

When he bought the team no one was going to games and his first couple years nobody went to the games, especially when it was the cold of the winter. He remembers those times.

He has a goldmine in the Cowboys. Jerry is a whore dawg and his character is suspect but his business savvy is unmistakable.

I support him 100% and it appears his players do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthat View Post

That's my take away too. He supported the action last week and this week does a 180. I think it's the wallet and nothing else.
            Jerry won't cater to anyone but Jerry (and his wallet), and do not believe for 1 second that he's doing this because of Trump's call especially after what he said about that call last week.

Personally, I believe they should be standing but I also say the original message has gotten lost or we've moved away from it. This was never about the flag or the military and it was military suggest that they kneel instead of sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by FCS Wes View Post

That's my take away too. He supported the action last week and this week does a 180. I think it's the wallet and nothing else.
              Jerry won't cater to anyone but Jerry (and his wallet), and do not believe for 1 second that he's doing this because of Trump's call especially after what he said about that call last week.

Personally, I believe they should be standing but I also say the original message has gotten lost or we've moved away from it. This was never about the flag or the military and it was military suggest that they kneel instead of sitting.
              Yes, it's about the bottom line for Jerry...there's a reason he's a billionaire.

But Jerry didn't do a 180 - all of the Cowboys did in fact stand for the national anthem last week, including Jerry. They chose to kneel before the anthem, which is fine by me.

I do think it's unfortunate the original message was lost in all of those national anthem shenanigans - it should be talked about. If they still want to bring focus onto the issue then they should find another way that doesn't involve the flag.

Comment

If they kneel in protest of American wars for IsraHell I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1771 View Post

Yes, it's about the bottom line for Jerry...there's a reason he's a billionaire.

But Jerry didn't do a 180 - all of the Cowboys did in fact stand for the national anthem last week, including Jerry. They chose to kneel before the anthem, which is fine by me.

I do think it's unfortunate the original message was lost in all of those national anthem shenanigans - it should be talked about. If they still want to bring focus onto the issue then they should find another way that doesn't involve the flag.
                  The 180 was him not telling his players what they will or won't do. Last week he said he hadn't and had no plans to do so, then yesterday....

I believe the message being lost was intentional and orchestrated. Deflect from the original cause and claim the disrespect of he flag and veterans.

What people miss this this dismissive attitude towards the original issue angers many and further leads them to the opinion or fact that their voices mean nothing. Imagine living in or believing that you live in a time where police can do whatever they want to

​​Look at the 2 videos of cops planting evidence then arresting people.
                  look at the video of the cop placing a weapon on a person he had just shot in the back. Yeah, it maybe a few bad apples and an overall rarity that it happens (or discovered more aptly) but if it happens to YOU, all of s sudden it's real.
                  Last edited by FCS Wes; 10-09-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Trump is the master of distraction. He could not get the healthcare bill passed so he attacks the NFL over an issue that is more than a year old. People went crazy burning $120 Jerseys, team towels, pillows, etc... over what? Less than a dozen people got down on one knee during the national anthem when most people are running to the bathroom and buying one more beer before the game starts?

I guess since Trump has cleared up the nations debt, fixed our healthcare system, fix the tax code, built a wall, brought back all of our manufacturing jobs and the US will never be a target for terrorism again, he had nothing left but to attack the players who were taking a knee for fallen victims of police bullets.

The world is better place now!?!

Comment

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post
                      Trump is the master of distraction. He could not get the healthcare bill passed so he attacks the NFL over an issue that is more than a year old. People went crazy burning $120 Jerseys, team towels, pillows, etc... over what? Less than a dozen people got down on one knee during the national anthem when most people are running to the bathroom and buying one more beer before the game starts?

I guess since Trump has cleared up the nations debt, fixed our healthcare system, fix the tax code, built a wall, brought back all of our manufacturing jobs and the US will never be a target for terrorism again, he had nothing left but to attack the players who were taking a knee for fallen victims of police bullets.

The world is better place now!?!
                      Holy S, yes, I agree for the most part. A 1 year old issue and all of a sudden NOW people are upset and burning stuff because Trump entered the mix

Comment

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post
                        Trump is good and a master manipulator but he ain't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumtingwong View Post

Trump is good and a master manipulator but he ain't that good.

Trump has the whole nation discussing something of no real consequence to the future. 10 Football players were taking a knee SO the BLEEP What?

*** Hey did you hear that Arnold Schwarzenegger had bad ratings not as good as mine.
                          *** FaKE NEWS.
                          *** The Washington post is money loser so Amazon can take a write off!!
                          *** Mika Brzezinski's is bleeding from her face.
                          *** PU-ER-TO RI-CO wants us to do everything for them.
                          *** Late Night host are dealing with the Democrats for their very "unfunny" & repetitive material

****"Senator Bob Corker 'begged' me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee," "I said 'NO' and he dropped out (said he could not win without...my endorsement)."

These tweets are 8th grade tweets.
                          Trump has reduced the highest office in America to a reality TV show... in line with Honey Boo Boo.
                          Last edited by MacFrisco; 10-09-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FCS Wes View Post

The 180 was him not telling his players what they will or won't do. Last week he said he hadn't and had no plans to do so, then yesterday....

I believe the message being lost was intentional and orchestrated. Deflect from the original cause and claim the disrespect of he flag and veterans.

What people miss this this dismissive attitude towards the original issue angers many and further leads them to the opinion or fact that their voices mean nothing. Imagine living in or believing that you live in a time where police can do whatever they want to

​​Look at the 2 videos of cops planting evidence then arresting people.
                            look at the video of the cop placing a weapon on a person he had just shot in the back. Yeah, it maybe a few bad apples and an overall rarity that it happens (or discovered more aptly) but if it happens to YOU, all of s sudden it's real.
                            Gotcha on the 180...yes I can see that. The almighty dollar will always rule.

I do agree on the dismissive attitude...I don't think the original issue would be talked about if the protest hadn't involved the flag, which is a shame. It should happen.

Comment

Also, every time Trump and or Pence gets involved in this issue, all they do is create more division and animosity between the NFL, players and fans.

Pence knew that players would kneel yesterday yet he still went and then made a big deal about leaving because the players kneeled. This was all a show and a show about him and Trump, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                              X