No announcement yet.

Another example of why corporations should stay out of politics-ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brent Grime's wife has always been racist and LOUD.... she's loony.
    While her premise is plausible (as we know many blacks put black above everything else), the players love Derek Carr. So this is BS.
    This big mouth loves the spot light.
    AsianLivesMatter + #LatinoLivesMatter + #WhiteLivesMatter + #IndianLivesMatter + #BlackLivesMatter = #AllLivesMatter

Comment

Will be interesting to see how this turns out but sounds bogus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-carrs-injury/

Last edited by Chris1771; 11-07-2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Wasn't there a tin foil comment earlier...but then there's this crap from a loud mouth. Seems legit

Comment

The point is not whether its true or false....man some people are thick....its infighting within the NFL over the anthem protest.

Man....you can lead a horse to water.........

Comment

Lol...doesn’t matter wether it’s true or false. Don’t even know what to say to that.

And surprise, people have different opinions. That’s called life. It’s normal.

Comment

Its a massive disruption within the NFL........the Anthem protests that is.

Lets hope this does not become the new normal for the NFL...or it will continue to decline

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthat View Post
                Its a massive disruption within the NFL........the Anthem protests that is.

Lets hope this does not become the new normal for the NFL...or it will continue to decline
                I actually hope it does (decline that is)....save a bunch of kids from growing up with scrambled eggs in their head. And I really enjoy watching football.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1771 View Post

I actually hope it does (decline that is)....save a bunch of kids from growing up with scrambled eggs in their head. And I really enjoy watching football.
                  Read an article today in DMN about Mark Cubans comments about the NFL and it reflected your sentiment

Comment

That's an interesting comment by Cuban, I agree that money has ruined the sport.

My Dad had season tickets to the Cowboy's games at Texas Stadium from the first season in 1971. The first two years after Texas Stadium opened I sold Pepsi's the first three quarters of the game, I got to see my Dad at the games with my siblings or one of Dads business associates. That's was fun.

The ticket / parking prices kept going higher, traffic was a real pain so my Dad gave up his seats. By the time I was old enough to take my kids it was hard to get a seat that was not in the end zone (those were $50 a pair) unless you knew someone who had season tickets, fortunately I did, he would sell me tickets to a few games he could not make. $100 for two seats, not including the bus fare which was easier and cheaper than parking. You can't park your car for $100 now.

The last game I saw a live game was in 1996. By 2001 I lost interest. Football was not about teams any more, it was about free agents and crazy people. The football of the Tom Landry days was over, the sport had lost its class.

I went to Jerry's World once, to see U2.

Comment

• Originally posted by MacFrisco

I went to Jerry's World once, to see U2.
                      Been there once too, but for Coldplay.

I never did understand the draw of football in person. It’s so much better on TV. And doesn’t cost 700 bucks for a family of 4.

Comment

• Very bad infusing politics or political activism into a corporation

While advertising for the MLB is up 8%.........

With NFL TV ratings continuing their downward trend with no end in sight, and sponsors warning that they may begin pulling advertising, football has never been more vulnerable.

After posting a $70 million loss of sales, big NFL sponsor Papa John’s Pizza — the “official pizza of the NFL” — recently warned the league to get a handle on its leadership or face a major change in advertising from the chain.

While it was the first major advertiser to warn the league that it had better make some changes, it was not the only source to voice some concerns. NBC Universal also told the NFL to get its house in order or expect trouble among sponsors.

Linda Yaccarino, chairman of advertising sales and client partnerships at NBC Universal, spoke this month during an industry conference call and said that, while no sponsors have actually followed through and pulled their advertising from the NFL, several have threatened her network that they may do so.

These latest rumblings come on the tail of lost ad sales last season when the national anthem protests began. Last December it was reported that the NFL had to pay “make goods” to advertisers for overly expensive advertising rates. As ratings fell, the rates the league charged for ads was too high because they were based on higher ratings.

If ratings continue to crater, the networks will have to continue lowering advertising rates, and many sponsors may simply abandon the league.

Comment

• http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/pizz...ceo-pizza-wars
                          Pizza Hut says sales are just fine after Papa John's complaints about NFL protests

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...ing-sales.html
                          Pizza Hut: NFL protests aren't impacting sales

Comment

• Originally posted by FCS Wes View Post
                            http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/pizz...ceo-pizza-wars
                            Pizza Hut says sales are just fine after Papa John's complaints about NFL protests

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...ing-sales.html
                            Pizza Hut: NFL protests aren't impacting sales

Comment

• Originally posted by whatsthat View Post

Whatsthat????

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...being-divisive

Comment

• U2 and Coldplay - SMH............

Comment

Working...
                                X