Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Master Bedroom is not Politically Correct now.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Master Bedroom is not Politically Correct now.......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...m-because-con/

So, if I am Master of my own domain, I am racist against myself?
    "Some people can read War & Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe". -Lex Luthor

Originally posted by rawhide View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...m-because-con/

So, if I am Master of my own domain, I am racist against myself?
    Lol you would be you're own master.

This is plain stupid.

It's called the Master Bedroom.... Not the Master's Bedroom.

in Rawhide's house they just call it the gun room. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post

in Rawhide's house they just call it the gun room. Lol
      Depends on what types of guns you are referring too.

I keep my guns unlocked and loaded at all times, Smith on left and Wesson on the right.
      "Some people can read War & Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe". -Lex Luthor

Comment

Depends on what types of guns you are referring too.

I keep my guns unlocked and loaded at all times, Smith on left and Wesson on the right.
        The south's gonna rise again Eeeee haw!!

Comment

The south's gonna rise again Eeeee haw!!
          The humor went over your head.

Left bicep is Smith and the right bicep is Wesson.

And it's "Yee Haw".

"Eeeee Haw" is the noise donkeys make.

Comment

The humor went over your head.

Left bicep is Smith and the right bicep is Wesson.

And it's "Yee Haw".

"Eeeee Haw" is the noise donkeys make.
            Thank you for correcting my southern slang, and the Smith and Wesson jokes are older than both of us, so no I didn't miss it. They just sound dumb as... well.... Eeeee Haw!

Comment

Thank you for correcting my southern slang, and the Smith and Wesson jokes are older than both of us, so no I didn't miss it. They just sound dumb as... well.... Eeeee Haw!
              Come on, lighten up.

Yee Haw!

Comment

Haha, I find it really odd that "Owner" is the choice for PC here, owner is as ambiguous if not more so than master.

Maybe "Main" bedroom or "Big piece of Chicken" bedroom (Chris Rock reference)

The is inane, the fact that builders are following suite is borderline insanity.

I'd like to hear a black person's pov. I always considered "Master" bedroom to mean the master of the inn, not the master if a slave? It can trace back to Latin meaning "overseer"

Heck Jeannie called Major Nelson Master too
                "But first, on earth as Vampire sent,
                Thy corse shall from its tomb be rent" ~ "The Gaour", Lord Byron

Comment

PC people are so stupid.....
                  The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

Comment

They can call my room whatever they want as long as I can still call the kids' bedrooms my Slave Quarters.
                    This space for rent. Inquire within.

Comment

On one hand I believe only the elderly complain about any change to anything, and on the other hand I believe even black people are laughing at this one. Or is it African American? I know its not colored people. Why did it ever change from Negros?

Comment

Originally posted by lucas mccain View Post
                        On one hand I believe only the elderly complain about any change to anything, and on the other hand I believe even black people are laughing at this one. Or is it African American? I know its not colored people. Why did it ever change from Negros?
                        well i don't go around calling myself a Scottish-American... maybe I should

as far as 'colored people'... while many say this is offensive, the NAACP doesn't seem to have a problem with it

and don't forget the United Negro College Fund, still up and running

i'm sure i'm not the only one who's repeatedly confused about how to describe someone who is black/african-american?
                        "Obama doesn?t know how to be president. He doesn?t know how the world works. He?s incompetent. He?s an amateur!?
                        - Bill Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by debw712 View Post
                          Haha, I find it really odd that "Owner" is the choice for PC here, owner is as ambiguous if not more so than master.

Maybe "Main" bedroom or "Big piece of Chicken" bedroom (Chris Rock reference)

The is inane, the fact that builders are following suite is borderline insanity.

I'd like to hear a black person's pov. I always considered "Master" bedroom to mean the master of the inn, not the master if a slave? It can trace back to Latin meaning "overseer"

Heck Jeannie called Major Nelson Master too
                          yeah, i'm thinking this is, like, totally dissing the renters of the world... looking forward to that class action suite from Renters United
                          "Obama doesn?t know how to be president. He doesn?t know how the world works. He?s incompetent. He?s an amateur!?
                          - Bill Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Londoner View Post
                            i'm sure i'm not the only one who's repeatedly confused about how to describe someone who is black/african-american?
                            Just ask Van.....
                            The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

Comment

Clearly, the right solution here is to ban the word 'master'. That will prevent any future racism from occurring.

Comment

Working...
                              X