Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What GPA is top 10% in Frisco ISD high schools?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What GPA is top 10% in Frisco ISD high schools?

Approximately what GPA number qualifies for the 10% rule in Frisco ISD these days? I understand that the exact number changes year over year based on the student make up but I am curious about the ballpark of what we are working with here. Will 3.5 be in top 10? Will 4.0 be in top 10? (I have heard a couple of years ago that in Plano it was higher than 4.0).

Originally posted by MustLoveCats View Post
    Approximately what GPA number qualifies for the 10% rule in Frisco ISD these days? I understand that the exact number changes year over year based on the student make up but I am curious about the ballpark of what we are working with here. Will 3.5 be in top 10? Will 4.0 be in top 10? (I have heard a couple of years ago that in Plano it was higher than 4.0).
    its higher than 4.0 not sure exactly what it is but its higher than that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

My daughter has a 3.5 & she isn't in the top 10....her boyfriend has a 4.0 & he is in the top 10. Not much help for you but may give you an idea. I think it's crazy that a 3.5 doesn't get you the top 10!

I never would have made it going to school nowadays!!!

Comment

It depends on the school, but DD's school's top 10% ranges from a low of 4.78 to about 5.6.

Comment

Originally posted by Loves Her Kids View Post
          It depends on the school, but DD's school's top 10% ranges from a low of 4.78 to about 5.6.
          What she said.
          ‎"Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them."
          ? Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

Comment

My daughter is in 10th grade with a 4.25, ranked in the 60's out of class of 200+.

Comment

I just don't get the GPA scale over 4.0. I don't think AP or Honors or GT should have higher scale. Put everyone on 4.0 scale and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLonghorn94 View Post
                I just don't get the GPA scale over 4.0. I don't think AP or Honors or GT should have higher scale. Put everyone on 4.0 scale and be done with it.
                Absolutely.
                “You are asking me how a watch works. For now, just keep an eye on the time.”

Comment

I disagree. Since there is college admittance consequences to class standing in Texas, those that do the more challenging class when they don't have to should be rewarded with the extra points.
                  The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

Comment

I don't think kids should have kids who get better grades than those with lower scores. Everyone should get the same. Then the same grades in college and the same pay for lilfe.

Out with the 1 percent!!!!!!!
                    There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post
                      I don't think kids should have kids who get better grades than those with lower scores. Everyone should get the same. Then the same grades in college and the same pay for lilfe.

HAHA... brought to you by those that failed organic chemistry but aced political science....
                      The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

Comment

Originally posted by bizguy View Post
                        I disagree. Since there is college admittance consequences to class standing in Texas, those that do the more challenging class when they don't have to should be rewarded with the extra points.
                        You do realize you can still do that and keep it on a 4.0 scale. It was done where I went to school and it can be done now.
                        Be respected. Be unique. Stand up for yourself. Be kind. Don't worry. Forget the insults. Remember the compliments. Don't allow yourself to be bullied by anyone

Comment

Originally posted by bizguy View Post
                          I went to high school in Texas and took AP and Honor classes. I got same points toward GPA for A as anyone else. Funny thing is most of kids graduating at top of class were ones in my class.

To me higher scale is same as trophy for all idea. Overbearing parents.

Comment

If you are looking for automatic college acceptance for Texas, it is top 8% now I believe.
                            I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post

Grade inequality is not fair!

Spread the grades!

Those with higher grades should pay more in tuition....pay their fair share

What are Julia's grades?
                              Last edited by whatsthat; 05-12-2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X