Stainless pans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless pans

Can you tell me about them? Pros/Cons....Good brands to get? MIL has been bugging me about what I want for Christmas and I am thinking a nice 8 or 10 in omlette pan. TIA
    "There's quite a difference, isn't there, between what was and what should have been. There's an awful lot of one but there's an infinity of the other." - The Doctor

Comment

I use All-Clad. I'm the cook of the house so I wanted something that would last. I have a copper set and a stainless set. The copper set has to be washed by hand (no dishwasher) and I polish them after each use so they look good. The stainless set was a lot less money and you can put them in the dishwasher. Like LEM said, you have to cook at lower heat settings but they heat up and cool down faster than anything else I've ever used before. I really like the handles as they stay cool.

Comment

I have several of the Tramontina stainless skillets and they work very well. You may want to have several of the 1 qt. and 2 qt. saucepans depending on how much stovetop cooking you do.
        Look on eBay to see what comparison prices are.

Comment

I am totally in love with Calphalon Unison. I am changing out my old pans for them piece by piece. They have two types, Sear and Slide. and they cook beautifully and clean up like a dream. They are just fabulous.

Comment

I have All Clad Ltd and absolutely love them!

Comment

We have All Clad and love them.

However, they take a little adjusting to get used to vs non-stick. I wouldnt start off with an omlette pan since I think they are the hardest to work with. It takes a while for you to get the hang of it and not get eggs to stick. I'd start off with a stock pot, sauce pan, or a saute pan first.

Comment

The new All Clad D5 stainless is great.

Things to remember about cooking with stainless:
                1. Don't buy cheap.

2. Be sure to use Barkeepers Friend powder cleanser to polish the metal after each use. You'll have fewer problems with food sticking.

3. Don't put your cookware in the dishwasher.

4. Pre-heat your pans on medium to medium-hot and then, if you're using oil, put it in after the pan has gotten hot.

5. Don't use extremely hot temperatures.
                President Obama is a deer caught in the headlights of history.
                -- Col. Ralph Peters

Comment

Im still learning to cook on these things, so hard to get used too..
                  moths are attracted to the showroom bright glow of LCD..

Comment

sorry folks but the only true surgical stainless steel pans that are worth their weight in gold is Salad Master Cookwear.

Comment

All Clad. And you can put them in the oven. DH sears our steaks and then they go straight to the oven for finishing in the same pan. And use Barkeepers friend for cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie View Post
                        sorry folks but the only true surgical stainless steel pans that are worth their weight in gold is Salad Master Cookwear.
                        If that's the case then why don't professional chefs use them for their personal cookwear?
                        President Obama is a deer caught in the headlights of history.
                        -- Col. Ralph Peters

Comment

Thinking about this for a start.....http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=16944955
                          "There's quite a difference, isn't there, between what was and what should have been. There's an awful lot of one but there's an infinity of the other." - The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback Wife View Post
                            Thinking about this for a start.....http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=16944955
                            That's a good start. Just keep in mind that you normally can't use the coupons on All Clad (although one time we got away with it )

Comment

I too Love All Clad they last forever ....
                              Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference

Comment

Working...
                              X