Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler Stripper

So how do you cope?

My 21 month old has decided that clothing and diapers are optional. It doesn't matter what I put her in. I've tried everything from pants, shorts, t-shirts, onsies, one piece outfits, dresses you name it she's worn it.

Only it takes her like 5 minutes to get out of any outfit. I've even duck taped her diaper on and she still gets it off. I know it sounds funny and part of me wants to laugh but I seriously cannot take her out in public because it does not matter where we are she will start stripping.

Any suggestions? I know she will outgrow it, but it's not cute any longer.

My 18 month old does the same thing, and so did my older boys..

Till they out grow it, it is going to be a fight to keep putting their clothes back on..

Yesterday I caught her in the laundry room, stripped down and trying to put on a new dress lol..
    moths are attracted to the showroom bright glow of LCD..

Comment

footed sleepers with zippers. Cut the feet off and put it on her backwards. My little strippers couldn't get out of those.

Comment

Nothing worked.

I lived in Canada when my oldest was a baby. I constantly had people chasing me to give me the socks and shoes she had peeled off and thrown. I gave up on shoes. They were kind of expensive to lose. She never got frost bite.

Now she is 18 and we are back to her not wearing enough clothes but that's another story. 18 months is much easier - don't sweat it

Comment

I've just accepted the naked phase and go with the flow while we are home. When we are out, I try to put them in non stretchy fabrics that button or zip up the back and put older siblings on sock and shoe duty. Eventually, they start keeping their clothes on again.
          Now, Mom to 8- 6 boys and 2 girls!

Comment

It turns out my kid has sensory issues and it may have been the comfort level of the clothes. Try letting them pick what to wear and grin and bear the outcome.

Comment

I know each kiddo is different, but man I never thought I would have a kid who wouldn't keep clothes on. My mom did say it's payback b/c I used to do this to her.

We do the footy pjs on backward at bedtime it's just getting hot and it seems crazy to do it during the day. I will try buttons, hadn't done that yet, but zippers are a cinch for her.

Had a friend recommend overalls. It's worth a try.

Normally I wouldn't care if she an around naked all day, but it's kind of hard when clients come to the door and your kid is naked

Comment

Originally posted by boiler01 View Post
                I know each kiddo is different, but man I never thought I would have a kid who wouldn't keep clothes on. My mom did say it's payback b/c I used to do this to her.

We do the footy pjs on backward at bedtime it's just getting hot and it seems crazy to do it during the day. I will try buttons, hadn't done that yet, but zippers are a cinch for her.

Had a friend recommend overalls. It's worth a try.

Normally I wouldn't care if she an around naked all day, but it's kind of hard when clients come to the door and your kid is naked
                Hey look on the bright side... Better at 2 than 22..

We had a stripper too but the duct tape worked.

Comment

My little stripper once met the preacher and his wife at the back gate w/out nary a stitch on his lil booty. I just about died of embarrassment. hahahaha!

I had all the kids looking so spiffy for our turn of the preacher's dinner with us - still don't know how the little stinker could peel so darn quick!!
                  Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey's prime minister and ex-mayor of Istanbul, says that 'the mosques are our barracks, the minarets our bayonets, the domes our helmets, and the believers our soldiers.'

Comment

Working...
                  X