X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women with Christian Faith Shown To Have Longer Lives

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/16/health...fespan-health/

Wonder why this is?
    There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post
    I'm not sure if they factored in the various causes of death in this determination, but I would hypothesize that it's likely there were fewer suicides among the religious, as well as fewer women taking risks (violence, gambling, substance abuse, etc.) that could lead to premature death. The original press release seems to support this:

“Part of the benefit seems to be that attending religious services increases social support, discourages smoking, decreases depression, and helps people develop a more optimistic or hopeful outlook on life.”
    But the original press release also made note of some important limitations of the study that wasn't mentioned in the CNN article (news outlets rarely include such important information):

One limitation of the study is that it consisted mainly of white Christians and therefore might not be generalizable to the general population, other countries, or areas with limited religious freedom. In addition, the study population included only U.S. nurses of a similar socioeconomic status, who tend to be fairly health conscious.
    "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Heh.. perseco was a bit faster than me.

Comment

Bc the fear of dying is motivating...

Comment

Women in Hong Kong live the longest. So everyone should switch to Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism. Clearly the correct choice based upon longevity.

Comment

A football team could go the length of the field without ever executing a play against you guys. Drawing you offside is way too easy.
            There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

A football team could go the length of the field without ever executing a play against you guys. Drawing you offside is way too easy.
              Why do you get so emotional about it? It's like you just found out your best friend isn't real. Real friends are better than imaginary ones. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkeeter View Post

Why do you get so emotional about it? It's like you just found out your best friend isn't real. Real friends are better than imaginary ones. I promise.
                I used to think it was the genital obsessed poster who was the thickest on this board but you have proved this wrong.

Comment

I used to think it was the genital obsessed poster who was the thickest on this board but you have proved this wrong.
                  Used to? You found someone thicker? I can only imagine the grimace on your face.

Comment

Working...
                  X