Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Far More Ethical Than the Ten Commandments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Far More Ethical Than the Ten Commandments

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...-commandments/

http://www.atheistrev.com/2016/01/is...perior-to.html

https://thenewelectro.wordpress.com/...-commandments/

http://deadstate.org/atheist-blogger...-commandments/

https://valerietarico.com/2015/11/27...s-moral-guide/

https://scottiestoybox.com/2015/11/2...-commandments/

"We establish no religion in this country, we command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate. All are free to believe or not believe, all are free to practice a faith or not, and those who believe are free, and should be free, to speak of and act on their belief." Ronald Reagan

The vast majority of Atheists follow one simple rule - be nice. 371
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Be nice.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1094366
    "We establish no religion in this country, we command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate. All are free to believe or not believe, all are free to practice a faith or not, and those who believe are free, and should be free, to speak of and act on their belief." Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'll bite...
      How do you (or how does the author) define "More Ethical?"
      In previous posts I've seen 'round these parts, the answer usually rhymes with 'peelings'

Comment

First, let me say I was going to delete this post after thinking better of it but couldn't figure out how to do it. I did post it as a good natured jab at TCM. TCM can take it and I'm sure he would be happy to point out what he sees as flaws in the links.

I think Merriam-Webster's definition of ethics is as solid as it gets.
        I think the ethical way to handle most situations is to think about how your actions or inaction will affect others.

I think LaVey's 11 Rules of Earth written in 1967 are pretty goodand ethical. There are some goofy parts but every religion has some goofy parts.
        • Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
        • Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
        • When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
        • If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
        • Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
        • Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
        • Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
        • Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
        • Do not harm little children.
        • Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
        • When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Comment

I can understand that you were messing with TCM. I noticed he was working on an experiment, so I'm not surprised that he didn't respond to your post (not gonna be pulled offsides, etc.).

But let me ask you this, do you see anything wrong with the Ten Commandments when you use your basis for ethics: "I think the ethical way to handle most situations is to think about how your actions or inaction will affect others."?
          I can see some problems with LaVey's Rules, but not sure how a person who follows the Ten Commandments could have a negative affect on you. Are you negatively affected when someone has only one God or that they don't steal or murder?

Also, I totally get where the "Friendly Atheist" comes from. He believes morals to be relative and not absolute (as you do?). So of course, to him - any guideline written today should be "better" (more relative) than yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by lesscrazy View Post
            First, let me say I was going to delete this post after thinking better of it but couldn't figure out how to do it. I did post it as a good natured jab at TCM. TCM can take it and I'm sure he would be happy to point out what he sees as flaws in the links.

I don't bother to read the links. I could care less what your or others beliefs are. That's your private business. Where we differ is that you hate Christianity and go out of your way to trash Christians. If you don't believe, that's your deal. I don't criticize it.

I explained in my posting why I set you up with a series of posts in this section. That was the sole purpose of those posts. I never even read the articles. Dangle the bait and the fish bites the hook. Predictable.

But any time you want to let me buy you a beer and discuss our commonalities, I am game.
            There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post

I don't bother to read the links. I could care less what your or others beliefs are. That's your private business. Where we differ is that you hate Christianity and go out of your way to trash Christians. If you don't believe, that's your deal. I don't criticize it.

I explained in my posting why I set you up with a series of posts in this section. That was the sole purpose of those posts. I never even read the articles. Dangle the bait and the fish bites the hook. Predictable.

But any time you want to let me buy you a beer and discuss our commonalities, I am game.
              Then tell your people to stop giving us reasons to criticize them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...roit/98132374/
              "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
              "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by perseco View Post

Then tell your people to stop giving us reasons to criticize them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...roit/98132374/
                "My people"??? Not mine. I don't speak for them, I don't know them. The second paragraph says they have been denounced by my church.

When will you start denouncing NAMBLA or the BLM members who want reparations? I know you support both organizations.
                There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Like Trump doesn't read his intelligence reports. TCM is like, a smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkeeter View Post
                    Like Trump doesn't read his intelligence reports. TCM is like, a smart guy.
                    No genital reference? No pay.

Comment

No genital reference? No pay.
                      You must be at least this big to be bestowed with a reference http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...215-image.jpeg

Comment

Personally, I don't want to prevent anyone from believing in whatever holy book they fancy, but I come here to debate, so I will let people know what I think and try to help them see my side of things.

People on here like to say that atheists only attack christians, but how many other religions do you see represented by the posters on this forum? If a mormon, muslim or scientologist started posting about their holy book and how superior they are to others, i wouId also call them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugzy View Post
                          Personally, I don't want to prevent anyone from believing in whatever holy book they fancy, but I come here to debate, so I will let people know what I think and try to help them see my side of things.

People on here like to say that atheists only attack christians, but how many other religions do you see represented by the posters on this forum? If a mormon, muslim or scientologist started posting about their holy book and how superior they are to others, i wouId also call them out.
                          On the other hand, if hundreds of millions of followers of a certain belief agreed with the doctrine of killing gays, killing non-believers and making women live like farm animals, you would invite them to America.

Genius work Mug.

Comment

On the other hand, if hundreds of millions of followers of a certain belief agreed with the doctrine of killing gays, killing non-believers and making women live like farm animals, you would invite them to America.

Genius work Mug.
                            I assume you are talking about muslims? There are already 3-4 million in the US. Are they killing gays, killing non-believers and making women live like farm animals?

Just like christians and the other religions, not all muslims follow everything in their holy book.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugzy View Post

I assume you are talking about muslims? There are already 3-4 million in the US. Are they killing gays, killing non-believers and making women live like farm animals?

Just like christians and the other religions, not all muslims follow everything in their holy book.
                              Fort Hood
                              Boston
                              San Bernadino
                              Orlando
                              NYC
                              The Pentagon
                              Orlando

Explain that to me and explain how you have welcomed and embraced any of those 3-4 million muslims into your life.

Have you invited them over to a hijab instructional meeting?

Have you learned from the about how to kill Jews? (That should be popular on the left.)

Have you invited them over for a bacon breakfast? Pork chop dinner?

Comment

Working...
                              X