The world ended on 9/23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world ended on 9/23

Looks like I will have to move the reminder on my calendar from 9/23 to 10/15.

The conspiracy theorist who supposedly predicted the world would end on September 23 has clarified his doomsday prophecy, saying the rapture is, in fact, coming in October. David Meade, a self-proclaimed "researcher" and Catholic who hit global headlines last week, believes the end of the world as we know it, as foretold in the biblical Book of Revelation, will take place next month and the 23rd was simply a sign of the oncoming of the oncoming disaster. Writing on his website, Meade clarified his belief that the 23rd is the date of a “historical event” in the skies that would signal the oncoming rapture. Doomsday itself, he says, will begin on October 15.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/m/d1...ending-in.html

Originally posted by sandiego_to_frisco View Post
    Looks like I will have to move the reminder on my calendar from 9/23 to 10/15.

The conspiracy theorist who supposedly predicted the world would end on September 23 has clarified his doomsday prophecy, saying the rapture is, in fact, coming in October. David Meade, a self-proclaimed "researcher" and Catholic who hit global headlines last week, believes the end of the world as we know it, as foretold in the biblical Book of Revelation, will take place next month and the 23rd was simply a sign of the oncoming of the oncoming disaster. Writing on his website, Meade clarified his belief that the 23rd is the date of a “historical event” in the skies that would signal the oncoming rapture. Doomsday itself, he says, will begin on October 15.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/m/d1...ending-in.html

At least you are using your free time in some way.
    I suppose watching paint dry gives the same outcome, however.

Comment

My parents have an 8mm film from 1955 of a parade in San Antonio. Walking in the parade was a man with long hair and a beard carrying a sign that says "The End is Near."

Its the foundation of TV evangelists to get money. "Buy your seat in Heaven NOW!" The End is Near.

Comment

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post
        My parents have an 8mm film from 1955 of a parade in San Antonio. Walking in the parade was a man with long hair and a beard carrying a sign that says "The End is Near."

Its the foundation of TV evangelists to get money. "Buy your seat in Heaven NOW!" The End is Near.
        Maybe for some.

But one way or another The End is in fact Near.
        Where will you go? How do you know? How can you be sure?

Comment

Originally posted by lucas mccain View Post

Maybe for some.

But one way or another The End is in fact Near.
          Where will you go? How do you know? How can you be sure?
          Sure I'm getting older and that last day is getting closer, but I don't really worry about it.

No one knows where they might go or if there is a place to go after they die. Depending on what religion you were born into you might be reincarnated as a seagull, or go to eternal fire, the land of milk and honey and 72 virgins, or you might get to spend eternity praising God. I don't live my life based on some fairy tale possibility.

The only thing that anyone really knows for sure is that we will all die and we will be worm food or a pretty Urn of ashes over the fire place. If something happens after that I say 'surprise me!'

Some big end of times event happening during my lifetime... not likely, nor do I care, life is too short.

Comment

Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post

Sure I'm getting older and that last day is getting closer, but I don't really worry about it.

No one knows where they might go or if there is a place to go after they die. Depending on what religion you were born into you might be reincarnated as a seagull, or go to eternal fire, the land of milk and honey and 72 virgins, or you might get to spend eternity praising God. I don't live my life based on some fairy tale possibility.

The only thing that anyone really knows for sure is that we will all die and we will be worm food or a pretty Urn of ashes over the fire place. If something happens after that I say 'surprise me!'

Some big end of times event happening during my lifetime... not likely, nor do I care, life is too short.
            That sounds sad.
            Yes, we WILL ALL DIE. But the Bible says our souls will live on and there are only one of two places you will wind up. Heaven or hell.

I'd suggest spending more time in honest prayer to God. Listen to God's word with an open mind and a honest desire to know the truth.
            I'll warn you up front however. It will completely change your life. You will at the very least have hope and peace. Which in my mind, beats your uncertainty any and every time.

Comment

Working...
            X