Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atheism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D-Fin View Post
    Won't the guys at the American Chemical Society be glad. You probably know better than they do about life since their researchers last year reported, "The origin of life is a fascinating, unresolved problem"

    Maybe they lost your number.
    But in fairness, I think you're addressing how life comes from life...and not actually talking about abiogenesis. Either way, that plus the way you conveniently dismiss how much faith you have in all that it takes to get around this issue and irreducible complexity (the odds necessary are astounding to overcome some of the problems they present) tells me plenty. That your belief is very strong, so much so that it appears you don't need certain answers. And clearly believe in things with no proof (contrary to what you previously called illogical).
    What's your proof that life came from non-life?

    source: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/cr2004844

    Do not confuse faith with logic.
    You believe in something you cannot prove with the human senses, or using scientific extensions of the human senses, like meters, energy or light detection devices. It takes faith to believe in something that you can't prove exists.

    On the other hand science is slowing proving its hypothesis set forth by Darwin over 150 years ago. What I'm talking about are scientific facts as science knows them today.

    I don't know how life began, neither do you.

    You just believe a book with stories of woman being made from the rib of a man, a talking snake, a scientifically impossible global flood that includes koala bears finding a guy named Noah, then after the flood finding their way back to the island of Australia, virgin births and walking on water and life ending with a cosmic battle that only saves people who believe in the above fairy tales.

    That does not compare to the logic of the scientific method.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post
      It takes faith to believe in something that you can't prove exists.

      On the other hand science is slowing proving its hypothesis set forth by Darwin over 150 years ago. What I'm talking about are scientific facts as science knows them today.
      "Slowly proving" (sp) is a long, long, long way of being based on scientific facts.

      Please share with me what you believe science is proving specifically regarding Darwins hypothesis from over 150 years ago. I believe science has actually been in the process of debunking his theory.

      The Bible wasn't written as a science book to answer all the scientific questions we have. But at the same time it has been in agreement with actual proven scientific facts. Scientists can only offer theories, none of which can ever be proven. It just can't. So basically it all boils down to which scientist you choose to believe. Just because the History channel is better funded and shows how the universe was created via cool graphics doesn't mean it is a fact.

      Atheism has always challenged the validity of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as revealed in the Bible. Yet it still survives. It will always survive no matter what anyone claims or attempts to censor. Why? Because you cannot withdraw the light God has provided for mankind. Only God can do that and one day He will do exactly that. Then non-believers will see exactly how everything that is good came from Him. "Every eye shall see Him and every knee shall bow".

      It always amazes me how people who are atheists, in particular, take great strides to go out of there way to argue against what they clearly do not understand. It's like watching someone battle against their own heart.

      God has placed His laws in the heart of mankind. That is what everyone fights against. Life would be so much simpler, it seems, if we had no accountability for our thoughts and actions. We all by nature resist the idea of someone or something telling us how to live or what laws to obey. When we know we cannot abide by them, we attempt to appease our souls with cries of un-belief. That is the easier way out, it would seem.

      The only difference between me and an atheist I've found is I acknowledge the struggle we fight against and I place my hope and faith in the Father who has revealed Himself through His word and has offered salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. I cannot perfectly abide by His laws. Hence the need for a savior. You cannot argue against how a person has witnessed God working in their own life. No "scientific evidence" that Darwin (or anyone) offered can change that deep rooted connection that God has revealed within a true believer.

      God bless...

      Comment


      • Atheism

        Originally posted by lucas mccain View Post
        "Slowly proving" (sp) is a long, long, long way of being based on scientific facts.

        Please share with me what you believe science is proving specifically regarding Darwins hypothesis from over 150 years ago. I believe science has actually been in the process of debunking his theory.

        The Bible wasn't written as a science book to answer all the scientific questions we have. But at the same time it has been in agreement with actual proven scientific facts. Scientists can only offer theories, none of which can ever be proven. It just can't. So basically it all boils down to which scientist you choose to believe. Just because the History channel is better funded and shows how the universe was created via cool graphics doesn't mean it is a fact.

        Atheism has always challenged the validity of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as revealed in the Bible. Yet it still survives. It will always survive no matter what anyone claims or attempts to censor. Why? Because you cannot withdraw the light God has provided for mankind. Only God can do that and one day He will do exactly that. Then non-believers will see exactly how everything that is good came from Him. "Every eye shall see Him and every knee shall bow".

        It always amazes me how people who are atheists, in particular, take great strides to go out of there way to argue against what they clearly do not understand. It's like watching someone battle against their own heart.

        God has placed His laws in the heart of mankind. That is what everyone fights against. Life would be so much simpler, it seems, if we had no accountability for our thoughts and actions. We all by nature resist the idea of someone or something telling us how to live or what laws to obey. When we know we cannot abide by them, we attempt to appease our souls with cries of un-belief. That is the easier way out, it would seem.

        The only difference between me and an atheist I've found is I acknowledge the struggle we fight against and I place my hope and faith in the Father who has revealed Himself through His word and has offered salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. I cannot perfectly abide by His laws. Hence the need for a savior. You cannot argue against how a person has witnessed God working in their own life. No "scientific evidence" that Darwin (or anyone) offered can change that deep rooted connection that God has revealed within a true believer.

        God bless...
        Everyone that claims that their religion had an impact on their life has given the responsibility to outside influences regardless which religion it was that they credited for the impact. Yet it was their decision to make the mental leap.

        There are lots of scientific evidence for a religious experience, it's in the Vargas nerve. And the reactions are the same regardless which religion you credit for the effect.

        I don't care which religion you follow that is your choice, I truly hope it makes you happy. But don't force it on others.

        Don't try to squash science because you have not done the studies and play the game of God of the gaps.

        A theory is not what you think. In scientific terms a theory is the fact of the day, and these facts are open to be challenged by anyone with that repeatable experimentation. Just as science found the electrons that are responsible for what you are reading now, science thru DNA studies has shown how everything links back through the tree of life. This is provable science.

        Plastic surgeons like Maxwell Maltz have shown that people make miraculous changes in their lives and yet the only change is how they see themselves after plastic surgery. You cannot show there is any difference in a life change due to a post surgical facial change and someone's reaction to reading a book that makes them believe there is a mystical entity that is going to give them eternity for believing words in a book.


        But logically regardless what you believe the ONLY logically explanation is everything came from nothing; God, Allah, Buddha, the electron. First there had to be nothing.
        Last edited by MacFrisco; 09-20-2015, 02:09 PM.

        Comment


        • "Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanitarianism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt
          "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MacFrisco View Post
            There are lots of scientific evidence for a religious experience, it's in the Vargas nerve. And the reactions are the same regardless which religion you credit for the effect.
            Vargas nerve...you are one funny dude/(dudette?)
            Where exactly is your Vargas nerve?

            You might be thinking of the vagus nerve.
            “You are asking me how a watch works. For now, just keep an eye on the time.”

            Comment


            • People are arguing over two lies. Clearly the Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, is the one true and last prophet, sharing the truth will all of us. It says so right there in the Koran, so...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by friscomatt View Post
                Vargas nerve...you are one funny dude/(dudette?)
                Where exactly is your Vargas nerve?

                You might be thinking of the vagus nerve.
                This iPad spell check is killing me. Vagus nerve is correct.

                Comment


                • An educated person should know why he or she believes in smth or not

                  Comment


                  • Isn't it amazing, quite a miracle, that we humans are able to keep "producing" over and over, from MAN+WOMAN? How miraculous, and lucky, that we are physically designed (by a dust coment?) to do such. A man + a woman. Amazing luck.

                    And dogs? All different breeds of dogs, they too, imagine that, are able to magically reproduce, from male + female? Amazing. Brilliant dust comets designing such brilliance.

                    And cats too? Wow. What are the odds of that?
                    AsianLivesMatter + #LatinoLivesMatter + #WhiteLivesMatter + #IndianLivesMatter + #BlackLivesMatter = #AllLivesMatter

                    Comment


                    • Just because you don't understand the science behind it doesn't mean magic is real. Prior to germ theory you'd be arguing for the existence of spells and killing a lamb to appease the skydaddy and forgive you for your sins. Now you go to CVS for some medicine without even thinking about it. So ignorance is not proof.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheSkeeter View Post
                        So ignorance is not proof.
                        The only ignorance here is thinking ALL THIS is just an accident, a whoops.
                        AsianLivesMatter + #LatinoLivesMatter + #WhiteLivesMatter + #IndianLivesMatter + #BlackLivesMatter = #AllLivesMatter

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nishikori View Post
                          The only ignorance here is thinking ALL THIS is just an accident, a whoops.
                          That's cute, albeit it a far better position than proclaiming some stories told by middle eastern goat herders who thought illness came from evil spirits & their invisible friend being upset with them and NOT from wiping their arses with their hands and then having dinner directly afterwards is the way things really turned about. Time to kill a virgin and a goat to make things better. Yeah, that sounds like a knowledgeable group to follow. You do you.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TheSkeeter View Post

                            That's cute, albeit it a far better position than proclaiming some stories told by middle eastern goat herders who thought illness came from evil spirits & their invisible friend being upset with them and NOT from wiping their arses with their hands and then having dinner directly afterwards is the way things really turned about. Time to kill a virgin and a goat to make things better. Yeah, that sounds like a knowledgeable group to follow. You do you.
                            Even THAT interpretation is more plausible than believing everything just happened by itself.

                            It takes way more faith to be an atheist.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X