Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas?? Can we wear our colors proudly again??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas?? Can we wear our colors proudly again??

I enjoyed watching the QB shuffle and hope the rest of the season can live up to the excitement of the first game. I can see a play where there are three QBs on offense at one time for a trick play.

It was a very exciting game to watch. We saw some good match ups this weekend and hope SOS emphasis and fact you can lose early and still get to playoffs continues to improve quality of non-conference games. I would love to see September match up of Texas and A&M in the future.

It was just one game but they seem to have a real QB in the freshman and with Swoopes as specialty QB it could make for a fun season. I really liked the up tempo offense. Never thought I'd see that out of Texas. Defense needs work but this was a great start and I hope they can build on it for the rest of the season.

Plus as an added bonus to the weekend OU lost.

Comment

I think Harrod has 1-2 throws left in that shoulder for an awesome trick play.

Comment

Of course, you could always wear them proudly

Awesome game. I think jumping to 11 is a tad bit high, but I'll take it. 15-18 feels a bit more realistic.
        I still think this team has 2-3 losses in it, but I'm happy with a much improved team and being set at the
        QB position.

I also have never loved the 2 QB setup, but it was pretty impressive to watch it on Sunday.

Comment

I'm just glad Notre Dame lost. Between that and LSU, it was almost a perfect weekend of college football for me.
          This space for rent. Inquire within.

Comment

LOL, Texas wins one game and they are back? Glad to see Tyrone get some love, he's a good local kid.

Comment

Wait, Bama will fall from mountain one day and it will hurt, because outside of football, it's still ALABAMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Drivin'tooFast View Post
                Wait, Bama will fall from mountain one day and it will hurt, because outside of football, it's still ALABAMA.

Whatever, don't live there. I don't care. Nice try though

Wear your colors proudly regardless...unless of course you're a Michigan State fan who ran their mouth prior to the game last year.
                Last edited by planomateo; 09-07-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Yea, that Sparty performance will not make it to the highlight reel for sure. To add insult to injury, Michigan is good again. Well, at least we had last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Drivin'tooFast View Post
                    You should try living here. They pray to God, thanking Him for creating Mississippi, otherwise we would rank last in most categories.
                    The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Comment

UT just pulled the plug on Charlie Strong. He's fired, but will remain to coach the TCU game. Well, he'll stand on the sideline at the TCU game. I'm not sure you can call whatever it is that he does coaching, since he couldn't beat Iowa St. last year or Kansas this year.

Next question becomes... how long will UT wait until they announce the new coach?

I'm thinking Tom Herman and Major Applewhite should find themselves a good Austin real estate agent.

Comment

As long as A&M is in the SEC and ESPN continues its circle jerk around the SEC, Texas will face an uphill battle recruiting.

At this point, Texas should join the Big 10 or 15 or whatever they will be upto.

Comment

Applewhite was meh at Alabama and was meh at Texas (even while he was partaking in curricular activities).

I think Herman surprises folks and stays at Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by planomateo View Post
                            Applewhite was meh at Alabama and was meh at Texas (even while he was partaking in curricular activities).

I think Herman surprises folks and stays at Houston.
                            Nope.

Texas' hire of Tom Herman is going to cost the school $19 million in buyouts - not including his new salary.
                            Amateur athletics sure is expensive.

AsianLivesMatter + #LatinoLivesMatter + #WhiteLivesMatter + #IndianLivesMatter + #BlackLivesMatter = #AllLivesMatter

Comment

I thought Strong brought a lot of needed and good culture change to Texas but you cannot lose for 3 years and stick around. Be interested to see if Herman is all that or just the latest coach de jour. Alabama is clearly the best team and unfortunately I think they win again. Unless you are a fan it is just tiresome to see same team win. I'd like to see Clemson and Huskies in final. Won't happen but that would be my preference.

Not sure if a down year or just the cycle normal ups and downs but outside of Alabama not a strong year for SEC. Big 10 appears to be best conference this year. Have to go all the way to #14 to see next SEC team.

Big 12's time is about up. Can't see them limping along too much longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X