FOL 2016 Bowl Pick 'Em

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOL 2016 Bowl Pick 'Em

Thought I'd post this up to see how many would be interested in predicting this year's bowl games. The slate is set and there are 42 games this year beginning December 17 with the Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl and ending with the National Championship Game on January 9..

Different rules this year:

Scoring System - Straight

I thought we'd change it up and make it more straightforward and a little easier to fill out an entry which might bring more entries than we've had in the past.

For each of the 42 bowl games on the college football schedule starting with the Celebration Bowl on Saturday, December 17, 2016 and running right on through the title game, you simply select the team you think will win the game outright, no point spreads involved. Get the most number of winners correct, and you are the undisputed Champion Prognosticator for 2016

Your season-to-date point total is displayed on the group page and is updated after each game.

Any FOL member who is interested in joining in the fun is more than welcome. If you would like to participate, go to:

http://games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2016/en/

Follow the cues and when you get to "Join Groups" enter/select FOL 2016 Bowl Pick 'Em

When prompted use the password Friends

Again, the first block of games is December 17 so there's plenty of time to join and fill out your entry.

Invite your friends to join in and good luck to everyone.

I am in! Thanks for arranging it.
    There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post
      I am in! Thanks for arranging it.
      No problem.

BTW - Congratulations on winning FOL College Pick 'Em for the second year in a row!

Comment

Got a lot going on this year and 42 bowls is way too many bowls, but I'm going to try to sit down make some picks. And thanks to Green225 for handling the setup and admin!

Comment

Submitted. I have NEVER seen so many bowl games between 6-6 teams with absolutely no business being in a bowl game. Sorry, but games involving Arkansas STATE or North Carolina Central (two directions in one name is a bad omen) just arent' games I am going to stop down to watch.

ESPN has over flooded the market with bowl games. I hope it eventually gets dialed back to something reasonable like even 30 bowl games. I suppose they are making money having a game every single night for 2 weeks or more.
          There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Submitted. I have NEVER seen so many bowl games between 6-6 teams with absolutely no business being in a bowl game. Sorry, but games involving Arkansas STATE or North Carolina Central (two directions in one name is a bad omen) just arent' games I am going to stop down to watch.

ESPN has over flooded the market with bowl games. I hope it eventually gets dialed back to something reasonable like even 30 bowl games. I suppose they are making money having a game every single night for 2 weeks or more.
            A flooded market? Dial it back to fewer bowl games? And miss big games like the Popeye's Bahamas Bowl with Old Dominion taking on Eastern Michigan? Or is it Western Michigan?

Anyway, I submitted my bowl picks last night.

Comment

To me the match up that proves there is an over saturation of bowl games is the Heart of Dallas Bowl with Army vs. University of North Texas - two teams who just played against each other on October 22 with UNT winning 35-18. Must have been a doozey if a rematch is warranted just 8 weeks later.

Comment

I am THE worst bowl game picker. Ever.

Comment

We all had a pretty bad run starting with that Temple vs Wake Forest game, each of us missed 4 or 5 bowl picks in a row. Hope things are turning around for the participants, but the Aggies aren't helping right now.

Comment

I was very optimistic after the first 12-13 games, but have been smacked down by the results of the last 5-6. Kind of embarrassing.

Comment

Despite the recent run of ill luck in FOL bowl picking, it's still a pretty tight contest, partly due to the unbelievably widespread nature of the ill luck which managed to smack us all! With 15 more bowl games (can you believe it, 15 MORE bowl games), everybody is still within spitting distance of first place.

Lots of entertainment value left in the contest, especially since we're finally getting to some good teams in some decent looking bowl games.

Comment

Things have gotten even closer! As a result of Arkansas' second half collapse against Va. Tech, we have a 4 way tie for first heading into the Alamo Bowl.

If the rest of us choke like Arkansas, TCM could still end up the winner!

Comment

I wish I could compete....... ugh!!

So, even though the SEC is just 1-3 so far and the Pac 12 is 1-2 with just 3 remaining games, here is a thought. If the Pac 12 has Wazzoo, Colorado both losing and Utah barely beat a mediocre Big10 Indiana team, how badly is Bama gonna whip up on Washington? I hoped that game would be close but no way. Bama in a rout. OSU beats Clemson and we have Saban/Meyer in the finale.

Comment

I wish I could compete....... ugh!!

So, even though the SEC is just 1-3 so far and the Pac 12 is 1-2 with just 3 remaining games, here is a thought. If the Pac 12 has Wazzoo, Colorado both losing and Utah barely beat a mediocre Big10 Indiana team, how badly is Bama gonna whip up on Washington? I hoped that game would be close but no way. Bama in a rout. OSU beats Clemson and we have Saban/Meyer in the finale.
                            Agree 100%.

Comment

You're both wrong - or so says Lee Corso. He thinks Wazzoo is going to beat Alabama.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18382099
                              Last edited by Green225; 12-31-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X