FOL 2016 Bowl Pick 'Em

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green225 View Post
    You're both wrong - or so says Lee Corso. He thinks Wazzoo is going to beat Alabama.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18382099
    Maybe he's right. Bigger upsets have happened.

But if the Huskies win, I think it would be an upset of major proportions.

We should ask Cadams what he thinks. He's looking like the leading football prognosticator on FOL at the moment.

Comment

Corso was wrong, just saying, we covered the spread too. Huskies had 1 part of the puzzle with their D, problem was they weren't going to run on us, which makes them one dimensional. Everyone wanted to compare height/weights of their players to ours. It's not about weight, but about weight room.

Bama has an OC that has done wonders with 3 different QB's, but at times his play calling creates some challenges. Huskies had no answer for our running game, yet we went away from it a good portion of the 3rd QTR.

Comment

Originally posted by planomateo View Post
        Corso was wrong, just saying, we covered the spread too. Huskies had 1 part of the puzzle with their D, problem was they weren't going to run on us, which makes them one dimensional. Everyone wanted to compare height/weights of their players to ours. It's not about weight, but about weight room.

Bama has an OC that has done wonders with 3 different QB's, but at times his play calling creates some challenges. Huskies had no answer for our running game, yet we went away from it a good portion of the 3rd QTR.
        I don't think Alabama played as well as they can, but they are so good even a subpar performance was enough to take down a quality opponent. Betting Saban has them ready for Clemson on January 9 which should be a great matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Green225 View Post

I don't think Alabama played as well as they can, but they are so good even a subpar performance was enough to take down a quality opponent. Betting Saban has them ready for Clemson on January 9 which should be a great matchup.

No doubt. Should be a fun game, can't let Watson throw for 405 yds this time.

Game plan was to not allow UW to get any game changing turnovers via their ball hawks in the secondary. Clemson won't present that kind of challenge.
          Last edited by planomateo; 01-01-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

We've got one game left, but Cadams4lsu has a two game lead, so it looks like we have a winner.

Congratulations to Cadams4lsu and thanks once again to Green225 for setting things up and handling the admin for the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by planomateo View Post

No doubt. Should be a fun game, can't let Watson throw for 405 yds this time.

Game plan was to not allow UW to get any game changing turnovers via their ball hawks in the secondary. Clemson won't present that kind of challenge.
              You were right, Matt. He went for 420. That second half was one of the most exciting halves of football I've seen in a long time.

'Bama is already the early pick to win next year's championship followed by Florida State, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and USC. Clemson not even mentioned since Deshaun Watson has already announced he's turning pro.

Comment

One of THE best games I have seen in a long time. Obviously THE TWO BEST teams were playing for the championship. I LOVE college football. Thanks again for setting things up, look forward to next year.
                There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Damn, crazy game. Thought for sure Alabama was gonna put that game away early, Clemson didn't back down. Great game, disappointed with the outcome.

Roll Tide

Comment

A good game and the playoff system worked. These were the two best teams and they deserved to play in the championship.

I enjoyed the FOL bowl picks contest and look forward to enjoying it next time. Hail to the victors, both in the football game and the FOL bowl pick competion!

Comment

Working...
                    X