2017 FOL College Football Pick 'Em

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 FOL College Football Pick 'Em

It's that time of year again. We're one month away from the 2017 NCAA College Football Season getting into full swing. And that means another edition of FOL College Football Pick 'Em kicks off as well. Last year, we had a total of 7 entrants. Our 2016 champion was This Charming Man - aka TCM - who was followed closely by yours truly.

Once again I'm getting the ball rolling early urging as many of you as possible to jump into the fray and dethrone the reigning champ. And after you have joined this year's edition please pass an invite early and often to as many people as possible who you think might be interested in participating.

Same rules as last year:

Scoring System

In conjunction with selecting which team will win, you are challenged to assign a Confidence Value to each game. The higher the confidence you assign to a game, the more points you will earn if you have selected the winning team.

Accumulating Points

You receive the amount of confidence points that you assigned to each game for which the winning team was correctly selected.

Your season-to-date point total is displayed on the group page and is updated weekly.

Any FOL member who is interested in joining in the fun is more than welcome. If you would like to participate, go to:

http://games.espn.com/college-football-pickem/2017/en/

Once you have logged in and are prompted to join a group, use the following information:

Group: FOL Pick 'Em

Password: Friends

If you encounter any problems completing your profile or joining our league please let me know by either posting on this thread or sending me a PM.

The first week of action is Saturday, September 2 and your entry must be submitted prior to the first kickoff at 11:00 a.m. CDT. If you're as forgetful as I am, opt for the weekly reminder from ESPN at the beginning of the enrollment process. They'll shoot you an email a couple of days before to remind you to fill out your weekly entry.

Again, please pass this along to as many people as possible - the more the merrier.

Good Luck to all!

Bump

Comment

How are we looking? Do we have enough players?
      There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post
        How are we looking? Do we have enough players?
        Looks like we're fine. We have 5 players which is the minimum to create a league. Would still like to see a few more, but as it stands now we have enough.

I hope everyone signed up for the reminder from ESPN to fill out their weekly entry. It seems every year we have one or two players who forget to complete theirs and that can really hurt one's chances of staying in contention.

The first entry for this season needs to be submitted no later than 11:00 a.m. CDT Saturday, September 2.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

My page would not and will not load on the ESPN site and ESPN did not address.

So, I am in last place!
          "Some people can read War & Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe". -Lex Luthor

Comment

Try a different browser. That ESPN site is atrocious.

BTW, who is in 1st place?
            There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by rawhide View Post
              My page would not and will not load on the ESPN site and ESPN did not address.

So, I am in last place!
              Mine was very slow to load last week as well. Took a bazillion tries over a 2 day period to successfully get my entry submitted. Have been doing Pick 'Em for 6-7 years and never had this problem before.

This week? No problems - smooth as butter.

Comment

Try a different browser. That ESPN site is atrocious.

BTW, who is in 1st place?

Comment

ESPN is not working on my laptop. :'-(

Comment

Originally posted by Green225 View Post

I took an asssssssssssssss whipping last Saturday.

Comment

I took an asssssssssssssss whipping last Saturday.
                      I do not like this week's games - too many games that could go either way or are ripe for the upset.

Comment

Boy oh boy, I am not doing too good. Kudos to TCM and Green. You both have been bold, very bold in your selections!
                        "Some people can read War & Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe". -Lex Luthor

Comment

Originally posted by rawhide View Post
                          Boy oh boy, I am not doing too good. Kudos to TCM and Green. You both have been bold, very bold in your selections!
                          I felt fortunate to get as many points as I did - not a lot of skill but a ton of luck.

I'm amazed how every week ESPN manages to pick 10 games that I end up agonizing over. There are very few sure bets and as has been the case a lot of those games that seem to be sure bets have turned into upsets.

Comment

Working...
                          X