2016 FOL College Football Pick 'Em

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 FOL College Football Pick 'Em

I decided to get started early this year in hopes we can get a little more participation than last year. In 2013, we had 17 entrants and 13 actually participated for the entire season. But in 2014, that number dwindled down to 5 which is the minimum number of entrants ESPN will allow to create a league. And last year we upped that to only 6 participants. So, once you have joined this year's edition please pass an invite early and often to as many people as possible who you think might be interested in participating.

Same rules as last year:

Scoring System

In conjunction with selecting which team will win, you are challenged to assign a Confidence Value to each game. The higher the confidence you assign to a game, the more points you will earn if you have selected the winning team.

Accumulating Points

You receive the amount of confidence points that you assigned to each game for which the winning team was correctly selected.

Your season-to-date point total is displayed on the group page and is updated weekly.

Any FOL member who is interested in joining in the fun is more than welcome. If you would like to participate, go to:

http://games.espn.com/college-football-pickem/2016/en/

Once you have logged in and are prompted to join a group, use the following information:

Group: FOL Pick 'Em

Password: Friends

If you encounter any problems completing your profile or joining our league please let me know by either posting on this thread or sending me a PM.

The first week of action is Saturday, September 3 and your entry must be submitted prior to the first kickoff at 11:00 a.m. CDT. If you're as forgetful as I am, opt for the weekly reminder from ESPN at the beginning of the enrollment process. They'll shoot you an email a couple of days before to remind you to fill out your weekly entry.

Again, please pass this along to as many people as possible - the more the merrier.

Good Luck to all!

The 2015 Reigning Champ is registered and ready to roll. Thanks for arranging this again.
    There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Im in. Not missing any weeks this time around.

Comment

I'm in again. Won't let TCM slip ahead this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought I'd bump this up. With only 2 weeks left until the season starts there are only 3 entrants. Will need at least 2 more to meet ESPN's minimum for a 5 team league.

Comment

Anyone else game?
            There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

My picks are in! Plenty of games I wish I could all list for 10 points and more than a few at 1.....not that many to fill the middle. Good luck to all entrants.
              Last edited by ThisCharmingMan; 08-30-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I think we're okay with just 4 entrants, but sure wish we could get a few more. I reread this years rules and it appears they no longer have a 5 team minimum to form a group.

Picks are in. It always seems so easy, but ESPN has a knack for throwing a few games in the mix that trip up even the best of us.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

I logged in from my phone yesterday and made my picks. Checked again this morning and now it says I didn't make any picks!!! WTH I think you are afraid of me and somehow delete my picks from time to time. LMAO

Comment

Familiar look to the top of the standings.........just sayin......

Comment

I filled my entry form in upside down - thought my 10 pointer was at the top descending to my 1 pointer at the bottom. Instead of getting 10 points for 'Bama beating USC I got 1 point.

If I had filled the form out correctly, I would have ended up with 41 points instead of 25.

Won't make that mistake again.

Comment

Putting some daylight behind me boys......... just 2 weeks to go!!

Comment

I'll concede. I blew it. Got within a few points the last couple of weeks, but I forgot to make my picks this past week - remembered around 5-6 minutes before the cutoff. So, had enough time to just pick 'em and submit without researching anything. Will try to avoid that the last 2 weeks.

I'm in 2 other leagues. In one league, the guy in first place is sitting on 490 points with a PCT of 99.0 - he's in the top 1 percent. Prior to last week he was sitting at 99.6 PCT, but had a bad week - only 37 points.

Comment

Working...
                          X