13-5A The all Frisco football district

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13-5A The all Frisco football district

The Pre-season rankings just came out and I see Liberty got 2 votes and is ranked #21 in 5A in the state.

Who was the homer that threw in that vote?

Lone Star starts the season ranked 6th in 5A in the state AP poll.

First cold front!!! It must be football season.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaDad View Post
      The Pre-season rankings just came out and I see Liberty got 2 votes and is ranked #21 in 5A in the state.

Who was the homer that threw in that vote?

Lone Star starts the season ranked 6th in 5A in the state AP poll.
      I'm sure some voter from outside the DFW area intended to vote for Lone Star instead of LIberty.

Anyway, how do you see Lone Star's outlook this year? Are they going to be able to replace the losses on the D line (those SR kids were outstanding last year)? Got some feedback on the scrimmage and heard the 1s vs 1s was a very good battle against an outstanding opponent. Both QBs made quite the impression.

As to Frisco HS (the place where my kids played), I have no idea of what to expect. I'm sure I'll see the Wing-T again (zzzzzz). I also know their starting OL will have two elite level kids, but aside from that, I have no idea. Hopefully, they can run a few more plays this year. Worse case, the two OL should get to block in a very dynamic college offense in the future.

Independence got a nice transfer RB which should be fun to watch.

Comment

Lone Star did lose 2 fantastic DE's, 3 above average DB's and one great Safety.
        The D-line has added some depth and size/strength so it should be just as good but for different reasons. The defensive backfield is where the problems may be if there are any.

The scrimmage was somewhat one sided. Lake Ridge is a completely different team than last year. Their QB was off the mark all night and they didn't have a running game. Our All-State LB had a great night.
        In 12 opening plays for each team, both teams scored a TD. In the second series, LS did a lot of subbing so it was hard to get a good feel. In the 1 qtr segment they played to end the scrimmage, LS won 14-3. A 70 yard TD pass and run by Jaylon Dixon and a 10yd TD by Kavika Pittman. Lake Ridge blitzed LB's the entire time, sometimes 4 at once and at one point had 10 guys in the box. This is just like Cedar Park and Frisco did to LS last year in their two defeats. Hopefully LS now sees how to beat the LB blitzing game and exploit it. It's pretty simple to do, we just need to recognize it when its happening.

I'm sure Frisco will run 50 plays between the tackles this year. Finish 3rd in district and show the world their offense from 1937 in the playoffs...

Independence should compete for 1 or 2 in district this year. They have a great RB and a QB that has gained confidence and from what I hear has shown improvement. He seems to just throw it up for grabs at times so If he can fix that, they should be competitive.

Comment

That's great to hear about Lone Star. Everyone knows that the offense will be fantastic this year, but knowing you've got some kids up front to go with the back 7 is good to hear. And yes, that MLB is a beast.

I had heard that Independence had some good players in the sub varsity pipeline that they were just waiting to grow up. Couple that with the returners from a young team last year and your probably right.

Comment

Wakeland either just misses or barely makes the playoffs. Coach Secord decides why change a good thing (10 years of uber high salary for no results) or break a 10 year string and manages to not win a playoff game for the 11th straight year. He returns the next year with a raise.
            There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post
              Wakeland either just misses or barely makes the playoffs. Coach Secord decides why change a good thing (10 years of uber high salary for no results) or break a 10 year string and manages to not win a playoff game for the 11th straight year. He returns the next year with a raise.
              This is baffling. How can Wakeland never win a game in the playoffs?
              Lone Star is 7-3 in 10 playoff appearances in only 3 seasons of making the playoffs in 6 seasons of varsity football.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaDad View Post
                This is baffling. How can Wakeland never win a game in the playoffs?
                Lone Star is 7-3 in 10 playoff appearances in only 3 seasons of making the playoffs in 6 seasons of varsity football.
                Because Lone Star actually teaches and coaches defense too...from what I have seen...WHS doesn't have a clue how to teach or coach defense...

Comment

IndianaDad with the challenge. I know the crow you're going to serve Diggs at the end of the year is going to be nasty.... LOL After last year, I don't doubt those kids anymore.

Comment

With the group of talent Wakeland has, why do they always exit after round 1 of playoffs? Coaches seem to move players from what played freshman/sophomore year to something totally different senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by FriscoOver50 View Post
                      IndianaDad with the challenge. I know the crow you're going to serve Diggs at the end of the year is going to be nasty.... LOL After last year, I don't doubt those kids anymore.
                      Thanks...

Comment

Too bad the Ryan game is in Denton. I hope Lone Star shows well. That Denton Ryan D line is going to be a big challenge. They've played 3 close 1st halves followed by waking up in the 2nd half. I think Lone Star is as good or better than those three opponents. It should be a good ball game.

I really enjoyed the Lovejoy "overrated" chant on Friday followed by a 35-0 run by Lone Star. Not sure when fans will realize talking crap in the middle of the second quarter just looks stupid when the team they are rooting for is way over matched.

Centennial also has a challenging game on Thursday against Lakeview Centennial.

Comment

Originally posted by FriscoOver50 View Post
                          Too bad the Ryan game is in Denton. I hope Lone Star shows well. That Denton Ryan D line is going to be a big challenge. They've played 3 close 1st halves followed by waking up in the 2nd half. I think Lone Star is as good or better than those three opponents. It should be a good ball game.

I really enjoyed the Lovejoy "overrated" chant on Friday followed by a 35-0 run by Lone Star. Not sure when fans will realize talking crap in the middle of the second quarter just looks stupid when the team they are rooting for is way over matched.

Centennial also has a challenging game on Thursday against Lakeview Centennial.
                          I didn't hear the "overrated" chant...I must have have been yelling at our coaches at the time...that's funny though...why would they be yelling that in the 2nd quarter? By the 4th qtr, you could hear a pin drop from their side...they dint know what hit them...

Comment

Not sure if I am remembering it correctly. I think the overrated chant came when Lonestar was down near the Lovejoy goal....probably directed at Shelley. He pretty much shut them up when he plowed right through their defender at the goal line.
                            The early bird may get the worm......but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Charm will get you by for about 15 minutes. After that, you'd better know something.

Comment

Overrated...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X