Menu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge Judy for the win.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Judge Judy for the win.

    Would have never guessed this.




    http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/high...es-1201874142/

  • #2
    Obviously there is a lot of money in appealing to the lowest common denominator. Trial attorneys must pay well for their commercials.
    There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

    Comment


    • #3
      Would have never guessed she made that kinda money.

      Comment


      • #4
        I actually got contacted by the producers of her show once. I had a case that was going to court and they contacted me and wanted to hear about it. If it was interesting enough, they would pay for me to fly to California, stay in a hotel and she would hear my case. It is 100% legal, her decision is the final decision, but the kicker was, they pay the loser whatever she decides. So, I was being sued for $600. Had I lost in court, she would have paid the plaintiff the $600. Obviously both the plaintiff and defendant have to agree to be in the show. We both agreed, but our case wasn't chosen unfortunately. So we went to regular court and the plaintiff settled with me before our case was heard. She dropped the charges and I had to pay the $75 court fee.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by erbeman View Post
          So we went to regular court and the plaintiff settled with me before our case was heard. She dropped the charges and I had to pay the $75 court fee.

          See? I TOLD you. Give her some of that damn BBQ you make and she will agree to go away............


          BTDubs, I had Evie May BBQ in Lubbock recently again. That brisket may just be better than Hutchins. Thanks for the heads up. They expanded to a new facility. Really nice. They are thinking of making a steakhouse too.
          There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ThisCharmingMan View Post


            See? I TOLD you. Give her some of that damn BBQ you make and she will agree to go away............


            BTDubs, I had Evie May BBQ in Lubbock recently again. That brisket may just be better than Hutchins. Thanks for the heads up. They expanded to a new facility. Really nice. They are thinking of making a steakhouse too.
            Yeah, it is really good. I've been so frustrated the last two times I've been to Lubbock, they have been closed. So frustrating, but luckily there are enough other places that we miss eating at there, that we always find a good replacement.

            Comment


            • #7
              dang it... was in lubbock over xmas and do not know of this place... in-laws live there and wife is from that area... they had been holding out on my and didn't even mention Jazz restaurant until 20+ years into the relationship, dammit, even though they know i absolutely love cajun food... love that place, and now think i need to investigate evie may... will report back after next trip, maybe not til tech football ramps up again
              "Obama doesn?t know how to be president. He doesn?t know how the world works. He?s incompetent. He?s an amateur!?
              - Bill Clinton

              Comment


              • #8
                The fact that Robert Shepherd makes $10MM is amazing to me. That guy is such a tool.

                Comment


                • #9
                  So how many of the progressives on the list are giving salary back to be distributed to others in the name of income equality ? Sad commentary on our culture these types get paid so much.

                  ETA

                  More power to them for taking what market will pay for services. I have no issue with that but just thought the progressives would want to walk the talk regarding income equality.
                  Last edited by TexasLonghorn94; 01-10-2017, 10:36 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Londoner View Post
                    dang it... was in lubbock over xmas and do not know of this place... in-laws live there and wife is from that area... they had been holding out on my and didn't even mention Jazz restaurant until 20+ years into the relationship, dammit, even though they know i absolutely love cajun food... love that place, and now think i need to investigate evie may... will report back after next trip, maybe not til tech football ramps up again
                    Oh man that sucks! Yeah, they did you wrong on Jazz. Hopefully you've had Orlando's Italian restaurant or CapRock Cafe.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mmmm. BBQ...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cyning
                        Mmmm. BBQ...
                        I know right! Speaking of BBQ, I smoked a brisket for new years eve. It had probably been 6-7 months since I had smoked one. I was a little nervous hoping I still knew what I was doing



                        Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          someone from Frisco on right now (4.30pm show on Fox)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by erbeman View Post

                            I know right! Speaking of BBQ, I smoked a brisket for new years eve. It had probably been 6-7 months since I had smoked one. I was a little nervous hoping I still knew what I was doing



                            Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
                            From the looks of that brisket, I'd say you've still got the special touch.

                            Sorry to have distracted from the subject of the thread, but BBQ gets some special leeway in Texas.

                            Turned on the TV, but it was straight up 5:00, so I missed the Frisco person episode.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Where is Blake Shelton on this list?
                              He and Adam Levine on the Voice are the same, both draw equally and both I think, have been on since the show began.
                              Something is wrong with this list, or else I am blind. Otherwise, Blake needs to fire his agent long ago.

                              And how is Bill O'Reilly not higher than Judge Judy? The O'Reilly Factor, Primetime, is always the highest rated show on cable. Year after year.
                              AsianLivesMatter + #LatinoLivesMatter + #WhiteLivesMatter + #IndianLivesMatter + #BlackLivesMatter = #AllLivesMatter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X