$85 to renew a registration!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $85 to renew a registration!!!

Talk about price escalation throwing money down the toilet.

The County is now charging an OBD2 testing fee on top of the service station testing fee. Of course an NON-OBD2 test is even more expensive.

The County may be the biggest, least efficient government entity we have.

Was gonna cost me $50/year for a trailer that I paid $500. There is no lifetime trailer option either. Which reminds me, I need to figure out who I need to speak with to press this.

Comment

They lowered the inspection fee so had to make up the money somewhere.
      Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
      All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
      Do what you got to do

Comment

They zing ya for those little trailers. I think I registered mine once and never did it again. It's not like I'm going to be speeding with it attached anyway.

Comment

They are now requiring inspection on trailer over a certain weight.

Comment

Just be happy you don't have to register a 35,000 lb. motorhome! Have friends in Colorado who have a similar motorhome and they pay $4500 a year to register.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooter View Post
              Just be happy you don't have to register a 35,000 lb. motorhome! Have friends in Colorado who have a similar motorhome and they pay $4500 a year to register.
              Holy smokes! But if you have a 35,000 pound house on wheels, you can probably afford the $4,500 registration! LOL!

God bless!

Comment

Originally posted by Drivin'tooFast View Post
                They zing ya for those little trailers. I think I registered mine once and never did it again. It's not like I'm going to be speeding with it attached anyway.
                I haven't registered and only plan on it when I'm forced to. Told the lady at the office that it made no sense.

Comment

I think the ticket if you ever get one is less than registering it.

Comment

I pay $45 a year for emmisons testing then my registration is $289 every year for one vehicle. Colorado fees are no joke when it comes to vehicle registration. I have friends that have nicer cars than me and spend almost 2k a year for their two cars.

Comment

I am sure the air is soooooooooooooooooooooo much clean in CO.....speaking of dope smokers...
                      “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
                      Ms. Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Debater View Post
                        I pay $45 a year for emmisons testing then my registration is $289 every year for one vehicle. Colorado fees are no joke when it comes to vehicle registration. I have friends that have nicer cars than me and spend almost 2k a year for their two cars.
                        That's the "progressive" mindset. You can afford a better vehicle, you can afford to pay more in taxes. Wonderful folks.
                        There are 3 things that America will be remembered for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: The Constitution, Jazz music, and Baseball. These are the 3 most beautiful things this culture's ever created. Gerald Early

Comment

Originally posted by Sumtingwong View Post
                          They are now requiring inspection on trailer over a certain weight.
                          Ignored for years

Texas law has for decades required annual safety inspection of trailers with a gross weight (weight of the trailer plus its carrying capacity or actual load) of more than 4,500 pounds. That includes travel trailers, most dual-axle boat trailers, and many larger utility trailers such as those hunters use to haul tractors, ATVs, blinds and other equipment to hunting leases
                          Owners of some of almost 600,000 travel trailers, boat trailers and utility trailers registered with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles will get a surprise when they next receive notice that it's time to renew that annual trailer registration. [...] while officers have regularly written citations when they encounter violations of trailer inspection requirements, overall enforcement of the requirement has been modest. Because the small inspection sticker has been placed on a trailer's tongue, it has been difficult for an officer to tell at a glance if the trailer is in compliance. Inspection stations will send electronic notification to the DMV that a vehicle (trailer, motor vehicle) has passed the safety inspection and issue a certification document to the vehicle owner. Before a vehicle can be registered or renew current registration and is issued an annual registration sticker (which goes on license plates of trailers), the vehicle owner must have proof, either in the DMV database or by showing the inspection document, that the vehicle has a currently valid safety inspection. Because expiration dates of safety inspection certification and vehicle registration are, in many cases, different, the new law will be phased in over the coming year until, in 2016, both safety inspection and registration will be due the same month. With the new law making it impossible to register a vehicle or renew a registration without that vehicle having passed a safety inspection, trailer owners who were either unaware of the inspection requirement or simply ignored it and took their chances will be forced to get those trailers inspected. To pass the safety inspection, the trailer must have an operational brake system, tires and wheel assembly that meets requirements, and all lights - tail lights, brake lights, license plate light, side-marker lights and clearance lights - must be operational.

Comment

Come to Alabama. No annual inspections. Trailer license is based on weight. Boat trailers are not licensed. I owned three trailers in Texas. Registered the cheapest one and just moved the tag over to the one I needed to tow with.
                            The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Comment

Originally posted by Drivin'tooFast View Post
                              I think the ticket if you ever get one is less than registering it.
                              $217 per Frisco Website, either way it's a beating

http://www.ci.frisco.tx.us/199/Fine-Schedule

Comment

Working...
                              X