Frisco Athletic Center fee is too expensive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frisco Athletic Center fee is too expensive

The Frisco Athletic center for an adult costs $40 a month or $400 annually. Compare that to Plano's rec centers that cost $19/month or $155 annually. Even Plano's non-resident membership is cheaper annually at $260. On top of that, you get access to 4 Rec centers in Plano vs only 1 in Frisco.

Costco offers a 2 year membership to 24 hour fitness for less than $400

Comment

Originally posted by Frisco18098 View Post
      The Frisco Athletic center for an adult costs $40 a month or $400 annually. Compare that to Plano's rec centers that cost $19/month or $155 annually. Even Plano's non-resident membership is cheaper annually at $260. On top of that, you get access to 4 Rec centers in Plano vs only 1 in Frisco.
      That is pretty pricey in comparison. You can always get a non-resident membership for Plano. It's still cheaper than Frisco at $29/mo.

Comment

I guess if you live near one of gyms in Plano it would make sense to go there. Or on the way to work... How do the Plano gym's compare to the FAC?
        “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
        Ms. Parker

Comment

I have to pay $45 a month because I pay month to month and they charge an extra $5 for that. Its turned into a dang water park, so the folks who only use the gym part of the rec are getting shafted. It is what it is I guess. After I paid my $45 last week I pretty much decided this would be my last month at FAC. Its a shame because I love the gym.

Comment

If you don't have kids who use the water park you are better off going to the Melenbech Center in west Plano or join one of the other gyms in Frisco. I work out at the Melenbech Center, and walk at Oakpoint Nature Preserve in Plano. Frisco is all about the kids while Plano also caters to singles and senior citizens.
            1-20-17

Comment

Gotta pay off that lawsuit judgement for copying Lifetime Fitness somehow.

Comment

She might not understand stats but I think she is right about this!
                “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
                Ms. Parker

Comment

I have complained about the pricing since before they opened the doors only to have my concerns fall on deaf ears. The only ones that get a door deal are 'families' - singles and senior citizens are priced out. A married senior couple pay a dollar less per week than a whole family and we don't use the babysitting or most of the water park. I have also tried to get the Parks department to listen to my pleas for better tennis facilities with no results. Kids are their concern.

Comment

We have a family membership and it's a pretty good deal for us. Me and my wife go about 3-5 times a week, the kids never go although we've had them do a few of the educational classes. It has all the gym equipment upstairs that I need. I liked when they had the dissection classes for them, not sure why they did away with it. Up until the new budget, FISD was giving a small stipend every month to teachers if they went a certain amount of times, unfortunately, that benefit was cut in the latest budget.

Comment

Originally posted by FlowersFromMyHome View Post
                      I have also tried to get the Parks department to listen to my pleas for better tennis facilities with no results. Kids are their concern.
                      This a hundred times over! Its so freaking frustrating that Frisco will not build a tennis center. Just yesterday we had to drive around for 30 minutes to find courts open at one high school that didn't have the tennis team practicing at. All of these kids have parents. We too enjoy physical activities. Give us a place of our own for crying out loud.

Also, offer a gym-only membership to the FAC. I don't need to pay for water slides that I will never use or a daycare. Guess I will give my monthly dues to 24 hour fitness in Little Elm. It's an easier drive anyway.

Rant over!

Comment

A better pricing structure that is fairer and doesn't rip off single adults:

$20 base price/month
                        +$10/month for access to the water park
                        +$10/month for access to childcare

Comment

Originally posted by FlowersFromMyHome View Post
                          I have complained about the pricing since before they opened the doors only to have my concerns fall on deaf ears.
                          I agree. We were members when they opened it and they gave a pretty good discount right off. We never renewed. So this is nothing new. Apparently they have enough membership. As with anything, if they lower the price, more people will be there and then there will be complaints about too few machines, under staffing and it being dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post

I agree. We were members when they opened it and they gave a pretty good discount right off. We never renewed. So this is nothing new. Apparently they have enough membership. As with anything, if they lower the price, more people will be there and then there will be complaints about too few machines, under staffing and it being dirty.
                            Makes you wonder why a city as big as Frisco only has 1 rec center. They don't need to build another full fledged FAC, but a smaller version without the waterpark would make sense.

Comment

Working...
                            X