Anyone sheltering a Harvey refugee??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone sheltering a Harvey refugee??

I'm curious about the tone regarding rebuilding back in Houston.

We may end up sheltering some relatives. They were downstream from one of the dams they had to open, and their neighborhood flooded. The Corp of Engineers estimated it will be two months to unflood their neighborhood, so they will be displaced for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've signed up to house folks if needed. The local swim team coordinated this. We're lucky to have plenty of room so it seems the least we could do.

Comment

I bet a lot of people move out of Houston after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumtingwong View Post
          I bet a lot of people move out of Houston after this.
          You'd be wrong too

Comment

Originally posted by FCS Wes View Post

You'd be wrong too
            We had a lot of Katrina move into DFW area and never went home.

I am seeing guys looking for work away from Houston, said they are tired of dealing with Hurricanes.

I suspect there will be a group of people who give up on Houston and surrounding area and move where Hurricanes impacts are minimal like D/FW and Austin area

Comment

Originally posted by Sumtingwong

We had a lot of Katrina move into DFW area and never went home.

I am seeing guys looking for work away from Houston, said they are tired of dealing with Hurricanes.

I suspect there will be a group of people who give up on Houston and surrounding area and move where Hurricanes impacts are minimal like D/FW and Austin area
              There are virtually no jobs in LA, and Texas has a better welfare program. There was a lot more in relocation for Katrina refugees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X