McDonald's - ordering kiosks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's - ordering kiosks

Any used them in Frisco??? I've used them twice here in NM and I do not like them at all. Takes longer to order and requires too much data entry.

Originally posted by Mommyp View Post
    Any used them in Frisco??? I've used them twice here in NM and I do not like them at all. Takes longer to order and requires too much data entry.
    Trumps Fault?

Comment

Not sure how politics got into the mix but I believe this is an attempt to add table service without adding staff. Also McD has quickly learned they can control buying habits with their video board screens. The placement, size, time displayed of items has a dramatic effect on purchasing habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mommyp View Post
        Not sure how politics got into the mix but I believe this is an attempt to add table service without adding staff. Also McD has quickly learned they can control buying habits with their video board screens. The placement, size, time displayed of items has a dramatic effect on purchasing habits.
        Some folks see everything as political. Sad.

Would be interesting to try one of the kiosks. I thought self checkout would be a great idea until i realized how grossly inept most people are to simply scan an item and put it in a bag. Frustrating.

Comment

Can't remember the last time I ate McDonalds so no clue how their kiosks operate. I have used the kiosk at Panera and have zero problem with it. They still have employees at registers as well if you prefer them. I think a trained employee will still be faster because the menus are setup differently for customers and the kiosk software seems slow. But if there's people in the regular line who are indecisive I'll absolutely jump on the kiosk and be done before the indecisive person. Even better is that I can use their app to order on my phone and it's ready when I get there.

I agree with Chris1771 about the self check out lines - some people are just not cut out for them. It's not always the person though. The self checks at Target drive me crazy - they require constant intervention from a Target employee. Not because the user is doing anything wrong but because the kiosks are poorly coded software-wise. This is one of those things that going to evolve over time and the only thing consumers can really do is make themselves heard through their dollar.

Comment

They had them several years ago in Jack In The Box. I used it a few times but didn't really see it making things faster or slower. At least if the ticket was wrong you couldn't blame the employee. Guess they didn't work out because they were all removed.

The best time saver I've seen is the scan and go at Sam's. Of course we always still have to stop by a checkout because of my wife's wine.
            Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
            All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
            Do what you got to do

Comment

With the minimum being increased you will see more and more of this and fewer employees. There was a long discussion about this on here a year or so ago.

Comment

It's a good idea but will probably be implemented horribly for a while just like the grocery store self-check out software.
                I think that sick people in Ankh-Morpork generally go to a vet. It's generally a better bet. There's more pressure on a vet to get it right. People say "it was god's will" when granny dies, but they get angry when they lose a cow. -Terry Pratchett

Comment

I do the drive thru on McDonald about twice a week I get my dog a double cheeseburger, Take a few seconds in drive thru and the wait is super quick if you use the Mickey D's on Preston/Main. I don't see Kiosk taking over or doing well at fast food restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1771 View Post

Some folks see everything as political. Sad.
                    Lighten Up Bike Boys it was a joke.

Did your mommy slap your sense of humor out of you when you were a child?

Comment

I loathe any sort of self-checkout. I just don't want to be a McDonalds/Sams/Kroger employee, even if it's for my own order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Invader View Post
                        With the minimum being increased you will see more and more of this and fewer employees. There was a long discussion about this on here a year or so ago.
                        That and then there's no excuse for the order being wrong but you with the kiosks. Bet it cuts way down on 'I didn't ask for this/that"

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                          I loathe any sort of self-checkout. I just don't want to be a McDonalds/Sams/Kroger employee, even if it's for my own order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I hear you but if it gets me out of Sam's or Kroger faster then I'm all for it. Just need to keep the stupid people away from them

Comment

I love the idea of kiosks/apps. I really don't need to wait in a line just to tell someone I want a #3 meal. It's still in the early stages, but when they get the apps right, it will be nice.

Comment

I am old fashioned, I want someone to take my order and be able to speak English, if you have poor English skills then I give up. We used to grab lunch couple times per month at the Taco Bell on 121 and Custer. Easy place for a quick bite, now the manager has hired an all non English speaking crew and it takes like 15 to 20 minutes to get your food. I wish they had a kiosk there.

Overall I am not a fan of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X