McDonald's - ordering kiosks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sumtingwong View Post
    I am old fashioned, I want someone to take my order and be able to speak English, if you have poor English skills then I give up. We used to grab lunch couple times per month at the Taco Bell on 121 and Custer. Easy place for a quick bite, now the manager has hired an all non English speaking crew and it takes like 15 to 20 minutes to get your food. I wish they had a kiosk there.

Overall I am not a fan of them.
    Are you saying that not one person who is employed there speaks english, and if that is the case, how do they take orders through the drive through?

Comment

Originally posted by sjdfw View Post
      I love the idea of kiosks/apps. I really don't need to wait in a line just to tell someone I want a #3 meal. It's still in the early stages, but when they get the apps right, it will be nice.
      Not really early. MS was making them back in the early 2000's. The one I used at Jack in the Box was at least 8 years ago.
      Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
      All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
      Do what you got to do

Comment

Originally posted by stryker View Post

Are you saying that not one person who is employed there speaks english, and if that is the case, how do they take orders through the drive through?
        He doesn't like brown people with an accent. They're "illegals"

Comment

I don't know about drive thru, We always go in to AC to cool down in summer time since we do a lot of work in the heat. I know for darn the guy working the register has poor English skills and when looking at the workers they seem to be freshly arrived in the USA and speak very little English.

Comment

I am old fashioned, I want someone to take my order and be able to speak English, if you have poor English skills then I give up. We used to grab lunch couple times per month at the Taco Bell on 121 and Custer. Easy place for a quick bite, now the manager has hired an all non English speaking crew and it takes like 15 to 20 minutes to get your food. I wish they had a kiosk there.

Overall I am not a fan of them.
            No, what you are is a person looking for a reason to be PO'd at someone. The exact reasons you stated above should make you want to be 1st in line for kiosks but instead you'd rather have people conform to your norms rather than accept progress and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1771 View Post

He doesn't like brown people with an accent. They're "illegals"
              Question and Answer...you should see his views on women

Comment

I don't know about drive thru, We always go in to AC to cool down in summer time since we do a lot of work in the heat. I know for darn the guy working the register has poor English skills and when looking at the workers they seem to be freshly arrived in the USA and speak very little English.
                You are full of crap, I've been in that Taco Bell and they speak English just fine; your issue is not with how they speak but the accents in which they speak with and the color of their skin, period. End of discussion

Comment

McD's has been using the kiosks internationally for quite awhile. Hopefully they have worked out any software issues. These will help with labor costs and the customers only have themselves to blame if it is screwed up. As said earlier, they will get more widespread as the minimum wage goes up. Running a register at McDonald's is not a $15 hour job. Thank a liberal for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
                    McD's has been using the kiosks internationally for quite awhile. Hopefully they have worked out any software issues. These will help with labor costs and the customers only have themselves to blame if it is screwed up. As said earlier, they will get more widespread as the minimum wage goes up. Running a register at McDonald's is not a $15 hour job. Thank a liberal for them.
                    very true!!! McDonald's hits all-time high as Wall Street cheers replacement of cashiers with kiosks.

• Cowen says McDonald's will upgrade 2,500 restaurants to its "Experience of the Future" technology by year-end, which includes digital ordering kiosks.
                    • The firm raises its rating on McDonald's to outperform from market perform and price target for the shares to $180 from $142.
                    • Same store sales estimate for 2018 raised to 3 percent from 2 percent.
                    Tae Kim | @firstadopter
                    Published 11:30 AM ET Tue, 20 June 2017 | Updated 4:22 PM ET Thu, 22 June 2017

Cowen analyst says McDonald's digital ordering upgrades will drive the fast-food chain's sales higher.

Comment

Smart move by McDonald's, but I'm still not eating their food. Maybe a little breakfast on a road trip. Nothing else.
                      More Kiosk the better, but what about our poor folks who can't read? Can they order everything based on pictures?
                      AsianLivesMatter + #LatinoLivesMatter + #WhiteLivesMatter + #IndianLivesMatter + #BlackLivesMatter = #AllLivesMatter

Comment

Working...
                      X