Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyrocket water bill

Hi

Last month I got my water bill so high. My usage was showing in bill as 69000 gallons. I don't have pool. This is my 4th year in Frisco and I never got high bill like
    last month. my average usage is around 10k. I have gone through some of the prior post regarding same topic. I have done leak verification through external vendors and Frisco public work guys didn't found any leaks. couple of other neighbors also got high bill.

any suggestion what we can do ?

Thanks

Check you sprinklers. Perhaps a head on one, or more of them is leaking. That same problem caused us some seriously high water bills last summer.

Comment

You could of had a toilet flapper that was open and water ran and it finally closed.

Comment

Originally posted by magicbrain76 View Post
        Hi

Last month I got my water bill so high. My usage was showing in bill as 69000 gallons. I don't have pool. This is my 4th year in Frisco and I never got high bill like
        last month. my average usage is around 10k. I have gone through some of the prior post regarding same topic. I have done leak verification through external vendors and Frisco public work guys didn't found any leaks. couple of other neighbors also got high bill.

Thanks
        This happens every year around this time. I suspected the reason was the city only read the meters once a year and estimated usage all other months. It seems the actual readings occurred in Aug/Sept. To prove my theory I recorded my meter readings every month from Aug. 2015 to Aug. 2016. I then compared the reading to my bill. Each month the bill reflected a reading about 10% less than actual. The occurred every month until Aug. 2016 when the end of the month meter reading was accurate. The result of this was a rather large Aug. bill. For some reason the city denies they use estimated billing.

Comment

The only time my water bill went through the roof was when I had a leaky pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our leak was related to the lawn sprinkler system - faulty damage repair - deep green colored grass in a 20 foot circle was the clue. Reviewing the online bar chart of usage showed that it had been markedly increasing over the prior 6 months, not a sudden spike in usage like you have. Is your total annual usage about the same for the number of years you have been watching it? I am the original owner of my house and I paid for that water meter. It does not belong to the city but any remote reading devices added since the house was built I did not buy. I would suspect a faulty device rather than estimated billing. Check with your neighbors on the same block and see if they experience any inconsistent charges.

Comment

Originally posted by magicbrain76 View Post
              Hi

Thanks
              I have the same issue. My bill jumped ten times from the previous month. I called Frisco Utility Dept about this. The guy on the phone said that they saw a high consumption rate for my house and sent someone over to check it. They didnt leave a note or anything else to notify me about the high consumption rate. They usually leave a door tag but none was left. So I have an appt to get an irrigation audit done next week to see if there is a leak. He said that from the looks of it that my sprinkler was on day and night. I told him that would be impossible. I would be drowning in water if that was the case.

Does anyone know what avenues we have to fight this? I have been in the house for over three years now and never have I seen anything like this.

Comment

Working...
              X