Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Petty

Bummer..this day sucks...
    The singer was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, according to TMZ.
    “Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
    Ms. Parker

RIP

Comment

Damn the Torpedoes one of the best albums made.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumtingwong View Post
        Damn the Torpedoes one of the best albums made.
        I remember guying that album at Gemco in Houston when it first came out... was 13 at the time, and remember the teenage girl cashier saying "good album, good album"... was one of probably 5 albums very important to me at that time in my life... only regret was that i never caught one of his concerts... will miss him
        "Obama doesn?t know how to be president. He doesn?t know how the world works. He?s incompetent. He?s an amateur!?
        - Bill Clinton

Comment

Good times...

“Don't look at me in that tone of voice.”
          Ms. Parker

Comment

I can't deny Tom Petty gave some good music over his career.

However... I'm was never a fan. Nor will I ever be....

I was in a garage band back then and I was scoring points with a neighborhood girl I had my eye on. She came around every time we practiced.
            Then all the sudden stupid "Damn The Torpedoes" came out and she fell head over heels with Tom Petty. The insult to injury (and the death knell to my crush) was this butt ugly kid had a band nearby and happened to kind of sort of look like good 'ol Tom.

I've never liked Tom since... not because of his music... he's just collateral damage.

Comment

Originally posted by lucas mccain View Post

I've never liked Tom since... not because of his music... he's just collateral damage.

That explains alot right there. Nobody on FOL holds a grudge like you...... holding a 30 + year grudge for Tom Petty.

You should have sung this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsKsFU766Io

"Some people can read War & Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe". -Lex Luthor

Comment

Originally posted by rawhide View Post

That explains alot right there. Nobody on FOL holds a grudge like you...... holding a 30 + year grudge for Tom Petty.

You should have sung this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsKsFU766Io

Nobody on FOL holds a grudge like me? That, coming from you?

Here I am sharing my heart and soul with you and all you can do is poke fun at my expense. I'm crushed.
                You being a female and all should be more sensitive.
                Now, go cook dinner.

Comment

Nobody on FOL holds a grudge like me? That, coming from you?

Here I am sharing my heart and soul with you and all you can do is poke fun at my expense. I'm crushed.
                  You being a female and all should be more sensitive.
                  Now, go cook dinner.
                  That is some heart and soul there, a crush followed by a long standing grudge for Tom Petty.

"Some people can read War & Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe". -Lex Luthor

Comment

Originally posted by rawhide View Post

That is some heart and soul there, a crush followed by a long standing grudge for Tom Petty.
                    I was only trying to appease you.
                    I know you've always had a propensity for imbellishments.

Comment

Well at least we now know where "Here Comes My Girl" came from... thanks for the sacrifice LMcC
                      "Obama doesn?t know how to be president. He doesn?t know how the world works. He?s incompetent. He?s an amateur!?
                      - Bill Clinton

Comment

Sad day indeed. Growing up overseas I always loved his music from across the pond. I go to a lot of concerts and seeing him was on my shortlist. Got to do that here in Dallas this summer. RIP
                        :)

Comment

Originally posted by van View Post
                          Sad day indeed. Growing up overseas I always loved his music from across the pond. I go to a lot of concerts and seeing him was on my shortlist. Got to do that here in Dallas this summer. RIP
                          Hush van...
                          This is the ONLY music you listened to growing up overseas:
                          STOP trying to be a hipster!

Comment

I saw Tom Petty in concert in Indiana. It was one of the best concert shows. It was an outdoor venue and it was cut short because of a rainstorm that hit the arena. I remember cars stuck everywhere in the mud. It was a fun night. Tom Petty will be sorely missed. RIP.

Comment

Hush van...
                              This is the ONLY music you listened to growing up overseas:
                              STOP trying to be a hipster!
                              Lol! You have no idea how true that is!
                              :)

Comment

Working...
                              X