Former Equifax CEO turning Congressional inquiry into marketing opportunity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Equifax CEO turning Congressional inquiry into marketing opportunity

WHEN WILL Financial CEOs be held accountable???!!!

I want salary/bonus clawbacks and federal perp walks.

This is complete BS!!!

Originally posted by Mommyp View Post
    WHEN WILL Financial CEOs be held accountable???!!!

I want salary/bonus clawbacks and federal perp walks.

This is complete BS!!!
    It's pretty ridiculous what these "shamed" CEOs walk away with. He'll get what, $19 million for this?

How did he turn it into a marketing opportunity? Seems like he took quite a shellacking from Congress. And he got 19 mill for that effort.

Comment

They are rolling out a credit lock product that will be free (for a limited time). Once the free period ends rest assured they will charge a fee.

I have my credit file locked through experian and I just reviewed my FULL credit report. Here is what I found.

Every residence
      Every car I have owned
      Every loan I have ever taken
      Every credit card
      Every job I have done
      Income statements
      My kids - birth dates
      My wife's linked information as well

EVERYTHING I have EVER Done. That's what was stolen. Short of my shoe size anyone can take over my identity at any time and could even jeopardize my security clearance - my career.

Frankly, I'm not even sure why I needed to fill out a security clearance form - Equifax has more information on me than the clearance form.

Comment

You guys know that AFTER all this happend that the IRS signed a 7.5MM contract with Equifax to verify identities right?

IRS awards multimillion-dollar fraud-prevention contract to Equifax

The no-bid contract was issued last week, as the company continued facing fallout from its massive security breach.
        The IRS will pay Equifax $7.25 million to verify taxpayer identities and help prevent fraud under a no-bid contract issued last week, even as lawmakers lash the embattled company about a massive security breach that exposed personal information of as many as 145.5 million Americans.
        Our Tax dollars at work

Comment

They are rolling out a credit lock product that will be free (for a limited time). Once the free period ends rest assured they will charge a fee.

I have my credit file locked through experian and I just reviewed my FULL credit report. Here is what I found.

Every residence
          Every car I have owned
          Every credit card
          Every job I have done
          Income statements
          My kids - birth dates

EVERYTHING I have EVER Done. That's what was stolen. Short of my shoe size anyone can take over my identity at any time and could even jeopardize my security clearance - my career.

Frankly, I'm not even sure why I needed to fill out a security clearance form - Equifax has more information on me than the clearance form.
          The sign up site for that service was hacked a few weeks ago

Comment

I like how he blamed 1 person for the entire thing.
            Here's a joke you might not laugh at:
            All the poorest work the hardest for the smallest
            Do what you got to do

Comment

One of the things they keep warning about is the hackers filing false tax returns and getting a lot of refunds from the IRS. I just don't get how they get away with this. I've made transposition errors before and they have notified me that there were errors and I needed to fix them. Do they just fill them out with all the financial info wrong and the IRS corrects everything for them?
              Do what you got to do

Comment

I guess an error saying it wasn't posted didn't actually mean it wasn't posted.
                Do what you got to do

Comment

I think the hackers are more cautious filling out the forms, not trying to squeeze everydime out and leaving plenty of meat on the bone for the IRS. I'd suspect that they also only do relativley small returns, $7k or less so lit not looked at too hard.

Comment

Every residence
                    Every car I have owned
                    Every credit card
                    Every job I have done
                    Income statements
                    My kids - birth dates

I hope your put some kind of protection on your kids numbers too. They love to take those and create false identities, use them and in the meantime your kid is trashed forever. And just because it is locked through Experian does not make you safe.. Check the Transunion and even the Equifax, things may show up on one that don't show up on others and while the 3 will corroborate on fraud alerts I am not so sure they all 3 will place a freeze on your credit unless you specifically ask each one. Go to annualcreditreport.com my favorite piece of advise for those hit with credit card fraud. You are allowed one copy fo your credit report from each of the three agencies once a year free of charge..pull them
                    Last edited by dmp9898; 10-08-2017, 09:26 AM.
                    All the political power comes from the guns. The communist party must command all guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

Comment

Originally posted by Opus View Post
                      I like how he blamed 1 person for the entire thing.
                      The CEO puts the blame on one person...I also blame the CEO -- he is the one in charge and the buck stops there...
                      All the political power comes from the guns. The communist party must command all guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

Comment

Originally posted by FCS Wes View Post
                        I think the hackers are more cautious filling out the forms, not trying to squeeze everydime out and leaving plenty of meat on the bone for the IRS. I'd suspect that they also only do relativley small returns, $7k or less so lit not looked at too hard.
                        $7k in taxes or income? They still have checks in place. If they file a return using my SS# they will have to know my W2 numbers to file a tax return and get a refund, or in my case, pay what I owe.
                        Do what you got to do

Comment

Originally posted by dmp9898 View Post

I hope your put some kind of protection on your kids numbers too. They love to take those and create false identities, use them and in the meantime your kid is trashed forever. And just because it is locked through Experian does not make you safe.. Check the Transunion and even the Equifax, things may show up on one that don't show up on others and while the 3 will corroborate on fraud alerts I am not so sure they all 3 will place a freeze on your credit unless you specifically ask each one. Go to annualcreditreport.com my favorite piece of advise for those hit with credit card fraud. You are allowed one copy fo your credit report from each of the three agencies once a year free of charge..pull them
                          That is still only half the problem. There are plenty of things they can do that will not have anything to do with your credit report. They can commit all kind of crimes and use your identity.
                          Do what you got to do

Comment

Fundamentally, the SSN is abhorrent use of a single factor authentication. You should at a minimum have different level of unique identifiers. You can have a unique identifier for medical that has nor relation to your financial unique identifier. Likewise, education, and other non-financial transactions.

Comment

Working...
                            X