Menu

Announcement

Collapse

FOL Upgrades this weekend

FOL will be undergoing some scheduled upgrades which will cause outages over the weekend. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

UPS delivery via golf cart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS delivery via golf cart?

My wife made a purchase from QVC (have to remove the app from her iPhone) that was delivered last night around 1930. The dogs alerted that someone was approaching the front door, but the delivery person was not there by the time I opened the door. I noticed a person wearing a Santa hat pulling away on a golf cart from the far curb but no UPS truck. Thinking about it a little, I remember other instances in which I've seen this golf cart (or one very similar to it) in our part of the neighborhood (Kings Ridge - Camelot area) a couple of times last month.

Has anyone else seen this and/or have information? We have no HOA, and I can't think of any reason why someone driving an unmarked golf cart would be making UPS deliveries.
    There are people in this world upon whom I wish nothing but the worst. When it happens, as it sometimes does, I laugh quietly to myself.

Reindeer food is through the roof this year so santa had to find alternative methods.

Comment

UPS does this in our neighborhood also. They have a semi truck parked nearby and instead driving around the regular trucks, the golf cart goes to the big rig and picks up loads at a time and delivers them to the houses. I think it is smart and probably saving a ton of time and money on gas.

Comment

No but I thought UPS wasn't supposed to deliver after 7PM? I got my delivery after 8PM last night... Pissed cause my wife answered the door and she wasn't supposed to know about my little purchase. So now I am in trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by shelli View Post
          UPS does this in our neighborhood also. They have a semi truck parked nearby and instead driving around the regular trucks, the golf cart goes to the big rig and picks up loads at a time and delivers them to the houses. I think it is smart and probably saving a ton of time and money on gas.
          Thanks!! Very good to know.
          There are people in this world upon whom I wish nothing but the worst. When it happens, as it sometimes does, I laugh quietly to myself.

Comment

We had a golf cart come by too last night, clever idea to save gas.

Comment

Originally posted by M4ForMe View Post
              My wife made a purchase from QVC (have to remove the app from her iPhone) that was delivered last night around 1930. The dogs alerted that someone was approaching the front door, but the delivery person was not there by the time I opened the door. I noticed a person wearing a Santa hat pulling away on a golf cart from the far curb but no UPS truck. Thinking about it a little, I remember other instances in which I've seen this golf cart (or one very similar to it) in our part of the neighborhood (Kings Ridge - Camelot area) a couple of times last month.

Has anyone else seen this and/or have information? We have no HOA, and I can't think of any reason why someone driving an unmarked golf cart would be making UPS deliveries.
              It is UPS. With the increase of deliveries they park the truck in a central location and then split ithe deliveries up to cover more houses quicker, they have been doing this for 2 or 3 years now,.

Comment

It is not just to save fuel UPS says it is quicker for them to deliver this way and also a safety thing for people working for them and people out and about not dodging trucks. Also they say it keeps the big noisy trucks from driving up and down streets later in the night delivering during the busy holiday season.

Comment

Falls under Neighborhood electric vehicle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neighbo...ectric_Vehicle

Last edited by Drivin'tooFast; 12-02-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I just went on a little search and found articles about people upset about the carts and the trucks parked they would load packages from.

Is all of it that big of a deal to throw a fit about or be upset. It is a company working as hard and smart as they can to take care of people on the hoidays. I know nobody here has complained about it but just shocking that peoples lives at this time is so great and perfect this is something they complain about. I think it is a great Idea beats what they used to have to do and pull the cart down the street. Where i grew up they did this and every street was steep uphill.

Comment

Originally posted by shelli View Post
                      I don't see this saving any time, fuel yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Debater View Post
                        I just went on a little search and found articles about people upset about the carts and the trucks parked they would load packages from.

Is all of it that big of a deal to throw a fit about or be upset. It is a company working as hard and smart as they can to take care of people on the hoidays. I know nobody here has complained about it but just shocking that peoples lives at this time is so great and perfect this is something they complain about. I think it is a great Idea beats what they used to have to do and pull the cart down the street. Where i grew up they did this and every street was steep uphill.
                        I think this is a great idea! It's so much more economical than a UPS truck stopping at every house. And some neighborhoods have pretty tight streets. Add in front street parking, and the streets get tighter.

Comment

My uncle has been a UPS diver for as long as I can remember and he is contracted to deliver packages regardless of how late.

Uncle Don has always complained that at Christmas he usually doesn't get back to the depot until well after 9pm and begins his day at 6am. I think Don would love being able to have the golf cart; rather they have three guys in the truck taking out hand carts to deliver.

Comment

Try squeezing a UPS truck between two vehicles parked on the street across from each other...and when it is rows and rows of cars/trucks almost impossible.

Comment

I was out Thursday night putting up Christmas lights for several hours. I could see the normal UPS truck making rounds. We had a package coming, and I told my wife I saw the UPS truck on the next street and usually that means less than 5 min and at our house. It took nearly an hour. I am not kidding when I say that the truck stopped at almost every single home to make a delivery down the street. This was around 9:30PM, at least 5 hours past when UPS normally delivers in our neighborhood. The drive, a lady, looked so burnt-out. What was interesting was that she when she stopped at each home, she shut her truck off. Normally, that is probably not such a big deal, but she had to have been turning that truck on and off 800 times that night every 15 seconds to move between houses. I could see how a golf cart might make better sense. Only thing I could assume is all of the Black Friday weekend orders coming in. Should have bought UPS stock last month.
                              I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification.

Comment

Working...
                              X