Wanted... and I didn't do it!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachrex75035 View Post
    It's a retread bringing a year old thread back to life.

Nothing to see here folks, just keep moving along.
    Probably Toolie again....
    If you're addicted to cold turkey how do you stop?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
      Probably Toolie again....
      Wouldn't surprise me.
      Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Comment

Just read this whole entire thread without realizing it was over a year old until the 9th page...FML

Comment

Since this thread has been revived, I will gladly post an update.

Over one year later, I am still getting pulled over on occasion by officers in Carrolton, Frisco, and Lewisville (so far) asking if I am "so-and-so" - the girl who has the warrant out for her arrest. Or they ask me if I know her. I explain to them what happened, and they end up letting me go. I also carry the paperwork in my glove compartment proving that my car was at the repair shop during the time of this girl's ticket, so that way the officers can see that I didn't even have possession of my vehicle at the time, that it was apparently someone connected to the repair shop (Daughter? Friend? Who knows?) that drove my car while they had it at the shop and was subsequently ticketed for reckless driving. So evidently, over a year later, this girl still hasn't taken care of her warrant, and I am still getting pulled over for it.

The only info that any officer will give me is that the ticket was issued to the girl when she was driving my vehicle in Dallas County - even more disturbing, as my car was at a shop in Plano. When I call Dallas PD, they tell me there is nothing they can do about it until the girl takes care of her warrant. I also went in person to the tag office in Frisco and they said that as long as there is a hit on my license plate, they cannot issue a new registration.

My only option at this point is to hire an attorney, which I am in the process of doing.

And for the record - I NEVER accused the PD of corruption, etc. Just making that clear. I simply asked for advice on how to handle this situation. Unfortunately, it hasn't gone away.

Comment

You were told to go get new plates. Then this wont happen. If its not you they will replace them.

Originally posted by 80snut View Post
            Since this thread has been revived, I will gladly post an update.

Over one year later, I am still getting pulled over on occasion by officers in Carrolton, Frisco, and Lewisville (so far) asking if I am "so-and-so" - the girl who has the warrant out for her arrest. Or they ask me if I know her. I explain to them what happened, and they end up letting me go. I also carry the paperwork in my glove compartment proving that my car was at the repair shop during the time of this girl's ticket, so that way the officers can see that I didn't even have possession of my vehicle at the time, that it was apparently someone connected to the repair shop (Daughter? Friend? Who knows?) that drove my car while they had it at the shop and was subsequently ticketed for reckless driving. So evidently, over a year later, this girl still hasn't taken care of her warrant, and I am still getting pulled over for it.

The only info that any officer will give me is that the ticket was issued to the girl when she was driving my vehicle in Dallas County - even more disturbing, as my car was at a shop in Plano. When I call Dallas PD, they tell me there is nothing they can do about it until the girl takes care of her warrant. I also went in person to the tag office in Frisco and they said that as long as there is a hit on my license plate, they cannot issue a new registration.

My only option at this point is to hire an attorney, which I am in the process of doing.

And for the record - I NEVER accused the PD of corruption, etc. Just making that clear. I simply asked for advice on how to handle this situation. Unfortunately, it hasn't gone away.
            "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." - Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the US

Comment

As I said previously - I went to the tag office. They said NO NEW PLATES for me until the warrant is taken care of by the girl who was ticketed, even though the person with the warrant is NOT me and is in no way connected to my vehicle other than the ticket they received.

Comment

Originally posted by 80snut View Post
                As I said previously - I went to the tag office. They said NO NEW PLATES for me until the warrant is taken care of by the girl who was ticketed, even though the person with the warrant is NOT me and is in no way connected to my vehicle other than the ticket they received.
                So you can't even sell that car then? Dang

Can a lawyer help you? I didn't read everything but have you called the dealership and asked who that person is?

Inbox me her name, I find people for a living and while not for these purposes normally, I may be able to help!
                "But first, on earth as Vampire sent,
                Thy corse shall from its tomb be rent" ~ "The Gaour", Lord Byron

Comment

Very strange. Hope you can get it resolved soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Debater View Post
                    Has to be a typo. Unless a police officer was really lazy and for some reason decided not to call the registered owner of a car someone was being arrested for driving. There is no way your car would make it back to the dealership if the driver was arrested. Someone entered in the wrong plate and would be an easy fix. Don't be so quick to jump the dealership for something that is most likely someone elses fault.

I had someone borrow my car and was stopped. The officers called me to make sure I knew someone was driving my car and they were not getting arrested just a speeding ticket.
                    Cop, lazy ???

Comment

• Did you ever go to the repair shop? What did they say?

Comment

• Originally posted by 80snut View Post
                        I think it is time (actually overdue) for a lawyer.

Comment

Working...
                        X