Menu

Announcement

Collapse

FOL Upgrades Complete

If you encounter any issues with the forums or the website, please report them in the following thread http://www.frisco-online.com/forums/...ew-site-issues
See more
See less

Careful of Ducks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careful of Ducks

Hey guys, I know I only have one post and noobs aren't supposed to make their own threads, but I just had to tell you - we had baby ducks in our backyard this morning/afternoon in our pool. We made a ramp so that they could get out, but then 5 of them got through the back gate, and then 8 were stranded in the backyard, even though we propped the gate open for them. Mama duck was walking around the perimeter of the fence and then eventually just huddled down in a corner with the 5 she had (in part of the fence that connects our house with the neighbors), so me and DH herded the rest of the ducklings over so that they could be together, since we were afraid of her leaving the rest behind.

We left our back gate open so in case they wanna come back for a swim or to their nest, they can (if they can find their way back.) I don't know where they are now though...we live in Hillcrest Highlands, so maybe they'll make their way over to Brinkman's Ranch?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you see them wandering around out there, please be careful! I want them to be safe, they're so cute!

Welcome. Very odd to see a first post that is not a complaint about something. Must be something wrong with you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification.

Comment

Originally posted by txmelody View Post
      We left our back gate open so in case they wanna come back for a swim or to their nest, they can (if they can find their way back.) I don't know where they are now though...we live in Hillcrest Highlands, so maybe they'll make their way over to Brinkman's Ranch?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you see them wandering around out there, please be careful! I want them to be safe, they're so cute!

There's bobcats and wolves on Brinkman Ranch that would love some duck.
      1-20-17

Comment

Always watch out for ducks. One stood in front of me and I stopped. Got rear ended as a result I and my vehicle were fine but the car that hit me was totalled. I swear I heard the duck suggest Aflac to the poor other driver (who was actually ok - but I'm sure it was an omen.
        Honey Badger is pretty badarse. Honey Badger doesn't give a crap.

Comment

Saw a family of ducks in a few yards in front of Gunstream ES the last few weeks.

They roamed into the middle of the street a few mornings, which screwed up traffic a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MSJ View Post
            There's bobcats and wolves on Brinkman Ranch that would love some duck.

Comment

I thought this post would be a cool duck attack story.

Comment

My favorite duck video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduM-HYrX0s

Comment

There is a duck that seems to return every year to lay eggs in a courtyard at the kids' school. Some years you see Mama duck walking with her ducklings all lined up behind her...cute!

Other years, the squirrels get the ducklings. Guess they are protecting their food supply.

~~ Walking In the Sunshine, sing a little sunshine song... ~~

~~ "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas." ~~ Davy Crockett

Comment

The first time I saw ducks in my pool, I thought it was so cool. Until....I saw the "presents" they left for me, ugh!

Comment

I know ha ha!! Ducks own this area ..... we actually live on a street named as such. Love them!!

Comment

Mother Duckers!!

Comment

Working...
                        X